GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shoplifter 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 23:37
Regular
I have had a great idea for a new game and felt I needed to share it with people.
It's not entirely original, I think it would probably fit into the Grand Theft Auto genre. Basically the idea is this, you start out as Joe Average going about your daily life, then suddenly, possibly owing to the lack of interest in your life, you get hit by the crime bug and decide to go down the local news agent to steal a mars bar. The game continues on this theme with the objective being to steal something bigger each time until you rule the globe or something such.
However the fun doesn't stop there, I have decided it should be an on-line game and when you first sign in you are given three options.

1. Enter fictional city as shopkeeper. For those players who prefer stategy based games, you open a shop, decide the layout of your shop, what you will stock and the all important security measures (that can improve with the more money you make)

2. Enter fictional city as Security Gaurd. For those who prefer 1st person action games. You must first spot the shop lifters then chase them down and deliver a good beating so they will not mess with you or your employer for a good long time.

3. Enter fictional city as Shoplifter. For those who enjoy tactical stealth missions, like Metal Gear, and wish to rise to the Shoplifter 2 challenge.

A game like this could corner a lot of the market as well as breach the gap between different sorts of gamer.
Also it could reduce actual shoplifting and crime in general as well as reducing police brutality (peoples evil urges having being quelled within the game).
Hell, I've changed my mind this game is original and essential!!!
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:37
I have had a great idea for a new game and felt I needed to share it with people.
It's not entirely original, I think it would probably fit into the Grand Theft Auto genre. Basically the idea is this, you start out as Joe Average going about your daily life, then suddenly, possibly owing to the lack of interest in your life, you get hit by the crime bug and decide to go down the local news agent to steal a mars bar. The game continues on this theme with the objective being to steal something bigger each time until you rule the globe or something such.
However the fun doesn't stop there, I have decided it should be an on-line game and when you first sign in you are given three options.

1. Enter fictional city as shopkeeper. For those players who prefer stategy based games, you open a shop, decide the layout of your shop, what you will stock and the all important security measures (that can improve with the more money you make)

2. Enter fictional city as Security Gaurd. For those who prefer 1st person action games. You must first spot the shop lifters then chase them down and deliver a good beating so they will not mess with you or your employer for a good long time.

3. Enter fictional city as Shoplifter. For those who enjoy tactical stealth missions, like Metal Gear, and wish to rise to the Shoplifter 2 challenge.

A game like this could corner a lot of the market as well as breach the gap between different sorts of gamer.
Also it could reduce actual shoplifting and crime in general as well as reducing police brutality (peoples evil urges having being quelled within the game).
Hell, I've changed my mind this game is original and essential!!!
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
People were taking about a more contemporary Thief game when Thief and then Thief2 came out...

Starting off shoplifting and Joyriding... moving on to selling drugs, delivering packages... etc... working your way up the ranks to becomming a crime lord :)
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:44
ok so it's not very origial afterall
still, sounds like fun to me!
Fri 09/03/01 at 23:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
With a little time, you could probably knock up a half decent MOD based around this idea?
Sat 10/03/01 at 00:00
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> With a little time, you could probably knock up a half decent MOD
> based around this idea?

MOD?
sorry I'm new!
Sat 10/03/01 at 00:28
Someone please tell me what MOD stands for. I'm tired and can't think for myself!
Sat 10/03/01 at 09:23
Regular
MOD = modification, its lik all these extras you can dowload for games like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament that brings a slightly different play to the game, check out www.planetunreal.com if you want to ge hold of some.
Sat 10/03/01 at 09:27
Your Honour, I thank you. That has been bugging me all night (I hardly slept).
Sat 10/03/01 at 09:46
Regular
Tarrant you been following me about? :)
Sat 10/03/01 at 09:48
Yes, I'm lonely

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.