GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LAN"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 18:13
Regular
Ah such an enjoyable gift of computer-life.

I've just returned from a mate's small 'LAN' event today, 8 of us turned up and we had a day of good 4 v 4 gaming on Counter Strike, UT2003 and Jedi Knight 2. T'was fun as hell, especially the extra low pings and the ability to share files across the network ;)

He'd purchased a decent 24 port switch off eBay for a tenner and it worked perfectly. Playing some good games with no lag!

So who has regular LAN's?
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:18
Regular
Well if the past 15 years didn't work for him...
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Teal'c"
I suggest: Lessons.
Thu 06/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Adam _aka_Simsmazter wrote:
> LOL wan is wicked i played someone is chain (he spoke english)I thrashed him.

You could learn much from him.
Thu 06/11/03 at 10:11
Regular
Indeed.
Thu 06/11/03 at 02:23
Regular
Wha?
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:48
"Sims Rock"
I Once played command and conqure Yuris revenge over lan against a friend I sent in gdies to protact his base because we were allies together deafeeting a hard enemy.After watching for a while they started to move toward my base so I used a trainer and waked his forces and then i deafeted the hard enemy while he was watching and gathering an army 7 nukes to the base. LOL wan is wicked i played someone is chain (he spoke english)I thrashed him.
Tue 04/11/03 at 14:18
Regular
Call of Duty on LAN...Ah heavens!
Tue 04/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
Damn right.

LAN's are a laugh. It seems so different and better then Internet multiplayer and stuff.

Playing that AWP map on Counter Strike was so feckin funny .
Tue 04/11/03 at 07:31
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well I 'spose we have just required a spacious bungalow in the middle of nowhere, currently unoccupied...could be suitable. ;)
Tue 04/11/03 at 01:05
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Yup, my living room is the place of choice, one end of the room with a bunch of tables and computers, the other with TV and sofas, and food and beer in the middle :D

We don't have them as regularly as we used to, competition between us wasn't very equal (I'm just THAT DAMN GOOD =P) and we got tired of the same games. Could be worth another one soon now a few more titles are out, need to kick my parents out for a night..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.