GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Review: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mortal Kombat: Armageddon'.
Sat 28/10/06 at 11:58
Regular
""none""
Mortal Kombat Armageddon, the latest addition in the serious. Supposedly the last in the compelling series. Includes all 60 kombatants from all of the previous titles, two of which are new. Will it live up to its hype? You will find out all in this review.

As soon as I inserted the disk into my PS2, my heart was pumping with excitement. The intro began to roll, my eyes were glued to the screen. Immediately, it grabbed my attention with both sides, good and evil rushing towards each other, rivals clashing towards each other with a full on BRAWL!

I rushed to multiplayer mode; there it was all the characters on the character select screen. I was really lost for choice, I highlight over characters trying to familiarize myself with them. It was really a heart warming feeling seeing characters back from years ago.

I selected my character, and played. Sadly, it takes a bit long to load, and gets awfully irritating. It finally loads up. It wasn’t very responsive, it was quiet slow. It felt like a giant weight was put on the characters, which made them feel clunky and hard to control. The animations needed brushing up. Despite that, it was quit enjoyable, pulling of familiar moves and stage fatalities. But speaking of fatalities, for some reason the system was with replaced, with a new system “Kreat a Fatality”. This allows you to bash a combination of buttons, and just pulling off your opponents arm or something like that. I and many others would have much preferred them to keep the classic fatality system, were there’s an element of surprise

I felt disappointed with the story. They put all there effort, and time into the Konequest mode. Which has resulted in half assed endings in the main game, where the character just dances in the final stage and has a narrator tell his/her ending. The story for Konquest mode was remarkably good, thought.

In all, the game was pretty enjoyable. But I wouldn’t bother with the character endings, the main bulk is at Konquest Mode. I would advise gamers to rent this game before buy, because you could find yourself completing Konquest Mode, in a matter of days.
Wed 01/11/06 at 17:19
Regular
""none""
Arrrrggg... Why is there never a mod around here??

Lol my attempt at gad failed, lol....
Sun 29/10/06 at 21:46
Regular
Yeah man, those user created forums need some traffic, they're pretty dead.
Sun 29/10/06 at 21:44
Regular
""none""
Can someone move this to Review section please?
Sat 28/10/06 at 11:58
Regular
""none""
Mortal Kombat Armageddon, the latest addition in the serious. Supposedly the last in the compelling series. Includes all 60 kombatants from all of the previous titles, two of which are new. Will it live up to its hype? You will find out all in this review.

As soon as I inserted the disk into my PS2, my heart was pumping with excitement. The intro began to roll, my eyes were glued to the screen. Immediately, it grabbed my attention with both sides, good and evil rushing towards each other, rivals clashing towards each other with a full on BRAWL!

I rushed to multiplayer mode; there it was all the characters on the character select screen. I was really lost for choice, I highlight over characters trying to familiarize myself with them. It was really a heart warming feeling seeing characters back from years ago.

I selected my character, and played. Sadly, it takes a bit long to load, and gets awfully irritating. It finally loads up. It wasn’t very responsive, it was quiet slow. It felt like a giant weight was put on the characters, which made them feel clunky and hard to control. The animations needed brushing up. Despite that, it was quit enjoyable, pulling of familiar moves and stage fatalities. But speaking of fatalities, for some reason the system was with replaced, with a new system “Kreat a Fatality”. This allows you to bash a combination of buttons, and just pulling off your opponents arm or something like that. I and many others would have much preferred them to keep the classic fatality system, were there’s an element of surprise

I felt disappointed with the story. They put all there effort, and time into the Konequest mode. Which has resulted in half assed endings in the main game, where the character just dances in the final stage and has a narrator tell his/her ending. The story for Konquest mode was remarkably good, thought.

In all, the game was pretty enjoyable. But I wouldn’t bother with the character endings, the main bulk is at Konquest Mode. I would advise gamers to rent this game before buy, because you could find yourself completing Konquest Mode, in a matter of days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.