GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any Suggestions?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm thinking about creating a website for my competition that is held in the Sport forum.

The only trouble is, is that I've never done this before.

Does anyone know of any good sites where I can build a website which is free?
Wed 05/11/03 at 07:30
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?q= [space]
> the%20speed%20of%20light%20in%20yards%20per%20fortnight

Heh..

Shame it doesn't give measurements.

But good
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.google.com/search?q= [space] the%20speed%20of%20light%20in%20yards%20per%20fortnight
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:42
"Are you sure?"
unknown kernel wrote:
> Goddamn it. He's faster than the speed of light.

lol ;¬)

Mod!
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Stop trying to lead us off in a different direction!

:cp
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:53
Regular
"relocated"
I think it's Mr Snuggly.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
unknown kernel wrote:
> Goddamn it. He's faster than the speed of light.

It's a double bluff! It's unknown kernel! Get him!
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:02
The best thing about Mod!, besides the extra !, is that all his posts have the same content (more descriptive blah blah), structure and words, but each one is slightly different. You see, if he or she just posted the same pasted statement over and over again, we might have suspected it was a Bot or something. Mod! for notable!!!
Mon 03/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"relocated"
Goddamn it. He's faster than the speed of light.
Mon 03/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"relocated"
First of all, just to save Mod! the hassle: it's better for you, and the people who might be able to help, if your topic has a more descriptive title. It just makes everything easier. "Learning HTML" or "Building a website for the first time" would have been good.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether you want to build a website from scratch using HTML, use a WYSIWYG program, or have a site built automatically.

If you want to learn HTML etc (and it's easy to get the hang of) then try http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/ for some tutorials.

If you want a WYSIWIG editor then try Dreamweaver - I think there is a trial version still.

If you want an automated site builder then I'm stuck: but it would no doubt be horrible anyway.

If you want advice on hosting the site then scroll down the topic list and read one of the many 'what is the best free hosting?' threads.
Mon 03/11/03 at 15:55
Go Mod!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.