GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 11:00
Regular
I though i'd post this message here as its computer related, sorry if it sounds so stupid! I am unsure if I should give my home address to a stranger (basically someone i've been emailing from a forum). Apart from the obvious things they could do if they turn out to be a weirdo(stalking, posting weird stuff) would the address help them to hack into my computer? I know that sounds daft but I have no idea how someone would do this and though it would be worth asking.
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
phi11ip wrote:
> Mod is someone who posts here normally but doesn't want to be known

I didn't know that. I suppose that makes it slightly different, but to be honest I haven't noticed a difference since he's been around...I just read most topics anyway - when I see "help" I wonder 'oh what could this be?' and look at it. If it's some stupidly long, unattractive 'descriptive' title I don't bother half of the time.
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ditto Turbonutter
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I can't say I've noticed a difference but it doesn't bother me that mod is around doing what he does.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Memorandum! wrote:
> Do be quiet, Mod! Perhaps it would be helpful to the users of this
> site if you stopped being so annoying and let them get on with it -
> you don't ever post anything other than your stupid descriptive title
> crap, so you aren't helping anyone. Why complain if you're just an
> outsider looking in? It's none of your business.
>
> Memorandum!

Haha, you're an idiot.

Mod is someone who posts here normally but doesn't want to be known, and it isn't me. Plus I agree with what they're moaning about, this topic could mean anything and well, it's complete rubbish...

Describing the titles means people will look into the thread if they know something about it and it makes it easier for people to look back at topics...
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
unknown kernel wrote:
> am i still a virgin?

*gets all embarrassed*

Don't remind me of that topic...
Mon 03/11/03 at 15:22
Regular
"relocated"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Do be quiet, Mod!

A few months ago the topic list for this forum read something like:

help
Problem
Windows
Computers
am i still a virgin?
passwords
teach me to be a haxx0r
help...

Mod! moaned at a few people and things have got infinitely better since. It's easier to see if you can help someone, easier to keep track of threads and easier to find old topics. I'm sure Mod! wishes that he could shut up just as much as you do.
Mon 03/11/03 at 14:29
No. You should NEVER give your home address details to strangers. That's like, rule numero uno of the internet, and in life in general.
Mon 03/11/03 at 14:06
Regular
"bing bang bong"
While it's not a good idea to give your address to people on the internet, it in no way helps them hack you unless they're willing to break into your house and install malicious software directly on your computer. In which case your computer is the least of your problems, you've got a weirdo in your house!
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Do be quiet, Mod! Perhaps it would be helpful to the users of this site if you stopped being so annoying and let them get on with it - you don't ever post anything other than your stupid descriptive title crap, so you aren't helping anyone. Why complain if you're just an outsider looking in? It's none of your business.

Memorandum!
Mon 03/11/03 at 12:23
"Are you sure?"
Please use a more descriptive subject title in any future posts - this helps all users of this forum. Thanks.
Mod!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.