GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm finally getting in an xbox!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
"\\"
In a few days. Ordered it a few hours from SR.

Getting Halo and Midtown madness with it, which i'm not too happy about as i would have liked something other than Halo as i've completed over 7 times already. But it's still a great game.

Any suggestions for what games to buy next?
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:40
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Ghost Recon crap ? Heresy, it's Rainbow Six 3, slightly worse
> graphics, far larger environments, a semblance of tactics and squad
> controls/variety of ways to play. Still think it's one of the better
> games on Xbox.

I found it uninspired, repetitive and boring with a style that just wasn't fun. Of course, this is my opinion, but the majority of reviews I've read and opinions I've heard tend to agree - which is why I told Aoe it'd be better to steer clear.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:00
Regular
Its been dumbed down on purpose, to make it fun.

You can only control 3 other members of your team now and they DO NOT go without taking a direct order. Its changed for the better from what I have played of it and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

One thing though, what you described is exactly what happens in Guff Recon, they go ahead kill everyone making the game boring and pointless. This is a totally different style developed by a totally different team.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yes, I found the PC version very boring the moment my squad and another charged through a small village, each covering each other, simultaneously taking out all opposition as they moved, before, perfectly sychronised, they moved into the highway tunnel, tossed in flashbangs, switched to silent weapons and NVG's, then through the blasted open wall to take up postions across from the building the hostages were in. At the same time, whilst those two teams had taken out the main terrorist force, a two man sniper team had picked it's way across to a church tower and set up, with a view of the hostage location. On a alpha code the snipers opened fire, taking out two terrorists in seconds, whilst my team and the other AI one entered the room simulataneously and rescued the hostages.

Zero casualties, and over in minutes.

Yeah, the Xbox version is a different game, but all the levels are nicked from the PC one, and the strategy element seems sorely lacking. It's a dumbed down game.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:33
Regular
Nothing like the PC version. Clearly you haven't read about the game. Its changed to a different style and the emphasis on pure boredom has been removed and as I have said, its a different development team to that which handled the PC version. Ubisoft Montreal are Ubisoft's only saving grace when it comes to developing decent games.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:32
Regular
Nothing like th
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:30
Regular
But you can barely order them around, I don't know, maybe I've been spoiled by playing the PC version (Raven Shield), but it still seems to me like the best bits and variety of the PC version were sacrificed for a shoddy voice command system, that for a realistic game makes zero sense anyway.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:25
Regular
Rainbow Six is developed by UBISOFT Montreal, the guys behind Splinter Cell. Its nothing like Ghost Recon, has a much more arcade feel and ordering your team around is fun.
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:22
Regular
Ghost Recon crap ? Heresy, it's Rainbow Six 3, slightly worse graphics, far larger environments, a semblance of tactics and squad controls/variety of ways to play. Still think it's one of the better games on Xbox.
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:49
Regular
"\\"
Indeed you have. Just gotta get through 2 or 3 more days of horrible school then it's finaly here!
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:43
Regular
"Remember me?"
Aoe wrote:
> Guess i won't be buying it then...

I just saved a life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.