GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Handy guide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 13:23
Regular
To one of my favourite controversial topics, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

For each I take the view of the corresponding side...

Why the chicken? :

The chicken could have come first because it has to lay the egg in the first place. Without chickens being alive in the first place, eggs cannot carry the DNA for chickens. Chickens would have to be there for the egg to know what nutrients a chick needs.

If the chicken came first, how was it born? :

Basically the chicken could have been spawned from Gods' creation (if you believe that idea). The chicken could have come form DNA experimentation, except that wouldn't have been around at the time. Maybe chickens came from another planet. Now, realistically...
The chicken may have evolved from some lesser creature at the time of the Dinosaurs, or from the flying dinosaurs of that period, considering birds are some of the dinosaurs closest relatives. The chicken may have been a bird like a Robin, that gradually evolved over the years, and grew the features that people see on modern day chickens. The evolved Robin (or such bird) could have adapted to its' environment and grown feathers like todays' chickens. Also, the first chicken(s) could have been born from other materials or products, rather than the egg. Chickens birth could have evolved gradually over the years. Perhaps the chickens DNA coding could have come mostly from the chicken, and put into virtually suitable substance.

Now, Why the egg? :

Simply because it is the material that produces the chicken and carries the DNA coding to produce the chick. The first egg would have needed to come down to make the first chicken.

If the egg came first, how was it made ?:

Perhaps the egg came from another planet or, again, from the "creation theory" (if you believe it).

Sensible reasoning:

The egg was a remnant from the Dinosaur period and gradually, over time evolved into the modern day egg, gaining the correct DNA needed to create a chicken. The egg could have been a mutant gene from a feathered Dinosaur that incorrectly produced a chicken, this mutant gene stayed prominent and when the Dinosuars where wiped out, it came through to produce the chicken. And, how would a chicken come into "creation" without ever being born? Considering that experimentation and producing creatures was not an open possibilty for the Dinosaurs.

Overall this gave me a different perspective on the whole debate. Obviously no onw will ever know for sure without precise tests. Feel free to comment on this theory and invent your' own ..... or just open the field to wild suggestions and the usual, unrelated, crud that springs up. :D

Handy Man
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:16
Regular
"I like monkeys =)"
It depends if you are scientific or religious. Scientists will tell you that it was eggs, as they become before birds on the evolutionary cycle. Religious types will tell you that chickens did, because of the way in which God created the world (he put animals on the planet, and so chickens were then available to lay eggs).
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
In that case I have no idea.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
No, I am talking about the chicken or the chicken egg...
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Well, if we're specifically talking about which came first; the chicken or the chicken egg, then I have no idea, but if we're just talking about the chicken and eggs in general, the egg came first. Unquestionably.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:45
Regular
Actually I was thinking about boiled eggs and the holidays' coming to an abrupt end...

:D
Sun 02/11/03 at 18:21
Regular
God is the prime suspect. He is responsible for everything, including pure evil. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Controversial. :-/
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It seems fairly obvious to me that the "Cluck" - the supreme chicken Overlord - created the first two chickens, and from thereon the rest, as they say, is history.
Sun 02/11/03 at 13:23
Regular
To one of my favourite controversial topics, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

For each I take the view of the corresponding side...

Why the chicken? :

The chicken could have come first because it has to lay the egg in the first place. Without chickens being alive in the first place, eggs cannot carry the DNA for chickens. Chickens would have to be there for the egg to know what nutrients a chick needs.

If the chicken came first, how was it born? :

Basically the chicken could have been spawned from Gods' creation (if you believe that idea). The chicken could have come form DNA experimentation, except that wouldn't have been around at the time. Maybe chickens came from another planet. Now, realistically...
The chicken may have evolved from some lesser creature at the time of the Dinosaurs, or from the flying dinosaurs of that period, considering birds are some of the dinosaurs closest relatives. The chicken may have been a bird like a Robin, that gradually evolved over the years, and grew the features that people see on modern day chickens. The evolved Robin (or such bird) could have adapted to its' environment and grown feathers like todays' chickens. Also, the first chicken(s) could have been born from other materials or products, rather than the egg. Chickens birth could have evolved gradually over the years. Perhaps the chickens DNA coding could have come mostly from the chicken, and put into virtually suitable substance.

Now, Why the egg? :

Simply because it is the material that produces the chicken and carries the DNA coding to produce the chick. The first egg would have needed to come down to make the first chicken.

If the egg came first, how was it made ?:

Perhaps the egg came from another planet or, again, from the "creation theory" (if you believe it).

Sensible reasoning:

The egg was a remnant from the Dinosaur period and gradually, over time evolved into the modern day egg, gaining the correct DNA needed to create a chicken. The egg could have been a mutant gene from a feathered Dinosaur that incorrectly produced a chicken, this mutant gene stayed prominent and when the Dinosuars where wiped out, it came through to produce the chicken. And, how would a chicken come into "creation" without ever being born? Considering that experimentation and producing creatures was not an open possibilty for the Dinosaurs.

Overall this gave me a different perspective on the whole debate. Obviously no onw will ever know for sure without precise tests. Feel free to comment on this theory and invent your' own ..... or just open the field to wild suggestions and the usual, unrelated, crud that springs up. :D

Handy Man

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.