GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wahoo- new laptop!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I finally got round to getting one, and it's fcuking ace!

P4 2.66 GHz
512 RAM
40 GB HD
DVD/CD Rewriter
nVidia Geforce 5200 64Mb
WiFi/LAN built in
Multi flash card reader (Sony memory sticks, etc...)
4 USB ports
XP Home

£999 - not bad at all
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:30
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
phi11ip wrote:
> For £1097 I got an Iridium laptop...

What are your thoughts on it? Only ask, 'coz I'm sorely tempted by one myself!
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:40
Yeah I thought that too. And you can also disable the WiFi devide when not in use.
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mm many laptops have them built in these days so I can't imagine a low profile card must be that difficult.
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:27
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Whooo! wrote:
> If I can find a WiFi card that doesnt stick out of the side of the
> laptop, i'd be interested. I keep snapping network cards in half.
> Sadly, it seems they dont do them that small yet.

Annoying isnt it unless you have a Mac! My only other complaint is the amount of heat they generate!
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:03
Regular
"How Handy."
If I can find a WiFi card that doesnt stick out of the side of the laptop, i'd be interested. I keep snapping network cards in half. Sadly, it seems they dont do them that small yet.
Sun 02/11/03 at 21:38
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I just picked up a Samsung V25 Lappy for £799, does the job I want it to great, though specs aren't amazing:

P4 2.8
256 DDR
30GB
14"
DVD/CDR-W

Though also just installed a Wirless gateway in house with an additional atenna giving me a total range of 1km from home!
Sun 02/11/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I got one for using in my room and for uni, allows me to do my work and for my dad to do his business work on the PC.

Just installed a wireless access point in the house so now can use my laptop anywhere in the house.
Kept breaking the stupid clip bit of the cable.
Sun 02/11/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It doesn't look that bad.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
monkey_man wrote:
> (and, no, it isn't a speak-and-spell)

LOL i thought about getting a laptop, but they are just too expensive, i could get a beast of a desktop for half the price. I guess thats the price of portability.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
AliBoy wrote:
> Sounds like the one that you can get on here
>
> http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ q_GG9926_iridium_avpc_p4_24.html

Wow, that's REALLY horrible. Sorry SR, but there's a reason why I didn't get my laptop from your place - and that link highlights it. They all look pretty manky.

And just to further get this thread deleted/me banned, I got it from Toys R Us of all places! (and, no, it isn't a speak-and-spell)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.