GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do we think of ONI"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/01 at 15:41
Regular
If anyone has any comments about the latest game to be released "Oni", then I would like to hear them.
Fri 09/03/01 at 15:41
If anyone has any comments about the latest game to be released "Oni", then I would like to hear them.
Fri 09/03/01 at 15:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Played the PC version.
Seems...different.
Tomb Raider meets Manga. Was ok for a demo, seemed to involve just running from room to room kicking people and throwing switches.
Combat was a laugh, stringing together combos that look pretty cool.
Maybe the game has more gameplay and depth, the demo left me thinking "Wellll...s'ok but I wouldnt buy it"

But that's just my opinion, could be wrong.
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
I do have this on order so am hoping it will be good - Ive only seen a preview demo of it in action and there is nothing wrong with the graphical side of things, looks pretty straight forward with some great looking moves. After reading several reviews it sounds like an above average game, a bit repetitive but well worth a blast!!
Fri 09/03/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I would cancel that offer lad until you have looked in depth at the game. It is a below par game in my book, all the levels feel a bit samey. All Oni does is beat people up. Okay so there are a few impressive Huricanranas in the game and the effects are great, enemy AI is okay but the streams of plain walls in the warehouses and the rubbish shooting abilities of Oni make the game a bit of a disappoint ment, I am not sure about the PS2 version but I would imagine that the PC version has VERY similar levels. Graphically, especially on the PS2 the game would be sound, but we are in the age on Gameplay and that is something that ONI doen't provide very well. I don't like to put you off but I would wait for a different beat 'em up or have a look at another Genre.

The Game
Fri 09/03/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
I may still risk getting it - I was initially going to order The Bouncer but it sounds more disappointing than Oni - I dont mind waiting for another beat em up but in the mean time I shall give Oni a chance!! - If it really is that poor I could always exchange it I suppose!!
Sat 10/03/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Good Idea, you can take advantage of SR's. 'Total Satisfaction' thingy. Oni, is quite good to begin with and you will feel like I have got it all wrong but as you progress through the levels beating on bad guy after bad guy you will realise that despite the good graphics and fancy moves Oni is a bit samey and there are other PS2 titles that far outweigh both the graphics and gameplay that the game offers!

The Game
Tue 13/03/01 at 23:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Been playing Oni for the past couple of hours, I think its great - thats only having completed three levels though. There are some awesome attacks to pull off and the weapons are pretty cool. Everything looks great but perhaps a bit empty from time to time. The puzzles are quite straight forward and the controls all work well.
So far I am impressed, but I could imagine it becoming a bit annoying later on when the action gets too repetitive. I see what you mean about endless running about and getting lost in some levels. Although its laid out pretty well it may just be a bit too ambitious - I may be wrong, but for the time being Im enjoying it - its a great game!!
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:42
Right guys I want to warn you NOT to get Oni. For anyone under the age of 14, this game is very poor indeed... its not got any kind of variation in the levels and its very very easy indeed- I(im 19 nearly 20) managed to beat the game in under 4 hours and believe me, it left me very very disappointed and frustrated to why I got the game in the first place. Take my advice, there are many better games coming out soon, wait fot those and DONT buy Oni.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.