GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Fear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 00:42
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
There are so many things that I fear. I think, and I wonder, "What If..".

Everyday I pass people in the street and think to myself, are they really happy about what they've done with their life? Have their dreams been fulfilled?

It makes me kinda sad. Will I live my life not having affected anyone elses for the good? I will just be a forgotten memory in the minds of my far-gone children when I'm long dead. Life is so short, and I feel I've already wasted so much on meaningless arguments, tat and nothingness.

We only have so long. And there is my second fear : death. I once cried when I was younger about what it'd be like when my grandparents go, and it has haunted me since that one day, in the future, the sky and everything beneath it will turn black and I will feel the world no more.

The thought of ageing terrifies me. I never understood before why people hated being 40/50/60, more. But now I know. One day we'll all have to face that sky of black.

I'd never want to live for ever, and I'd never cut life short. But what happens if I can't do everything I want in life? See the world, meet new friends.

And then, theres the fact that : what's the point? It's so likely that in 70 years from now I'll be six feet under and why am I wasting a quarter of my life training for the rest of it.

And if I get a dead-end job?

And if I'm lonely? Oh, to be lonely. It's the worst but most likely thing in the world, to leave this world alone. To go silently from this reality to a light we cannot see, a place we cannot touch, a hymn we cannot hear.

I fear that I'll always be planning for tommorow. Never living the real, the day, the now.

Call me cynical, melodramatic or even just miserable. I fear all these things and more and wonder, whats the point? For the blink of an eye that I'm here, I'll probably do nothing more than the crowd.
Mon 03/11/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
"Carpé Diem": Seize the day.

Surely, if you do fear something like what you've mentioned there, you now feel more "motivated" to go out there and do something with your life - right now - before it's too late?

I know it's not easy. And I know what you're on about with the ways in which things could end because we do not know the path the Future will take.

I, too, want to get out there and 'do things' before it's all too late. With me, it's mainly about travelling, and seeing the world. I'm not bothered about affecting other people's lives.
There are quite a few places I want to go, but the timing's not right now. I need the money, and I want to wait until I'm done with college and all that, first, before I'm ready to start. But I fear I may keep on delaying it for certain reason, and then, perhaps even, never get it done...

We just don't know, for sure!

And the best - and easiest - way to affect the lives of others is to excel and push-yourself in an area of something you are good at (like a footballer, for example).
Mon 03/11/03 at 00:19
Regular
"cachoo"
Phenix wrote:
> But life is short, you have to make what you can out of it and you
> don't get a second chance - life ain't a dress rehearsal.
> Unless you believe in reincarnation then its a lot of dress
> rehearsals.

That sounded like a classic quote! ;)
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:09
Regular
When we die we die, nothing can be done. I don't fear it, but the rate I'm going now, if there is a heaven and a hell, then I'm hellbound.
But life is short, you have to make what you can out of it and you don't get a second chance - life ain't a dress rehearsal.
Unless you believe in reincarnation then its a lot of dress rehearsals.
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:55
Regular
Death. well, the thing is, a huge majority of us fear death, because we think that whatever's on the other side is bad. well, what if it's the best thing ever? we just don't know. and the reason that we fear danger is because we don't like pain. and the most common reason most of us fear death is because we can't stand the kind of sadness it will bring on our loved ones, and how it'll affect their lives.
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:28
Regular
Sorry for double post!
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:26
Regular
You're very good at expressing yourself in written form.

Do it more often, it helps you understand yourself better.
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:25
Regular
You're very good at expressing yourself in written form.

Do it more often, it helps you understand yourself better.
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:03
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Azul wrote:
> Excellent.

Thanks :) It is part truth, part story, part observation I guess.
Sun 02/11/03 at 10:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
phuzzy wrote:
> It makes me kinda sad. Will I live my life not having affected anyone
> elses for the good? I will just be a forgotten memory in the minds of
> my far-gone children when I'm long dead.

I agree with everything you've written, and especially the above.
Sun 02/11/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Laughingstock"
You know, one of the biggest uncomprehended secrets is that the present is eternal. Tomorrow doesn't exist. The past doesn't exist. Just NOW, forever. You do what you do. You align your self with what you are attracted to. Look fear in the eye and use it as a force of motivation. Be true to yourself. Listen to your heart. Appreciate. Cherish. Blah, blah, blah. The fact that something, someone can be taken away in the blink of an eye is what gives life its intensity. "What's the point?" - the point is that our "point" must be intense and sharp, like an effective spear. Impale the present. Don't let fear poison what is good.

Jeez, I've become a new age philosophical babbler.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.