GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alternative Writing exercises"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/10/06 at 11:46
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Seems the only thing we really have going here is the SSC and the occasional random story posted in the hope of either £30 vouchers or a little feedback.

Is there any chance of a 'hands up' from anyone seriously interested in writing something a little longer? Could I be so bold as to propose some of you try writing something longer than a 1,000 word short story? How about an ongoing story posted in 1,000 word episodes?

I've done this sort of thing on the forums before, and tends to go down well if you have the balls to write to a bigger picture.

Thoughts welcome.
Wed 01/11/06 at 12:40
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Flower wrote:
> Even some of the SSC enteries i don't bother reading, unless the
> comments suggest that it is a really good story...

That can lead to something very bad.
I wrote a story, called Deja vu, which involved me copying and pasting to get the Deja vu effect.
JFH posted:
Nice copying and pasting.
9/10.

For some reason that I can't understand, alot of people didn't like me, and one of these people, I think he had Frankenstien in his name, so I'll call him that, read the comment and thought I had copied this off of another site.
A shouting match began, then he admitted it was his fault, and for some reason said it was my fault somehow as well.
I didn't like Frankenstien.......
Wed 01/11/06 at 12:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've browsed there a few times in the past - read some stuff. I'll check it out again. Thanks.
Mon 30/10/06 at 22:17
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Might be worth your while signing up to something like http://www.writewords.org.uk

All writers, all looking to get, or have been published. All willing to read and comment on your work.
Mon 30/10/06 at 19:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Everpain wrote:
> You looking to get published?

If I can get it to a high enough level as a whole, then I will try.
Mon 30/10/06 at 17:54
Regular
"I may return"
Even some of the SSC enteries i don't bother reading, unless the comments suggest that it is a really good story...
Mon 30/10/06 at 17:51
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yeah, unless it has very good paragraphs or looks very funny/interesting alot of people (including me) just can't be bothered.
Sun 29/10/06 at 20:55
Regular
"Author of Pain"
You looking to get published?

The trouble with long competition entries is that they require a significant amount of attention to read them.
Sun 29/10/06 at 14:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I do write longer fiction (currently trying to round-off a 80,000 word novel - I'm terrible at endings!) ... I'm not sure I'd want to post anything on a grand scale here myself, although I would be interested in reading longer stuff by others. Perhaps future SSCs could ask for higher wordcount entries?
Sat 28/10/06 at 11:46
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Seems the only thing we really have going here is the SSC and the occasional random story posted in the hope of either £30 vouchers or a little feedback.

Is there any chance of a 'hands up' from anyone seriously interested in writing something a little longer? Could I be so bold as to propose some of you try writing something longer than a 1,000 word short story? How about an ongoing story posted in 1,000 word episodes?

I've done this sort of thing on the forums before, and tends to go down well if you have the balls to write to a bigger picture.

Thoughts welcome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.