GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime: Streets of LA"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/11/03 at 11:54
Regular
It appears that this game isn't as crap as what everyone was making out. It got a 9 on IGN so it must not be that bad. Maybe IGN have overated it or maybe the PS2 demo was pants, but I might pick up a copy once I have MK, Fzero, 1080 and Star Wars etc.

Your Views?
Sat 01/11/03 at 11:54
Regular
It appears that this game isn't as crap as what everyone was making out. It got a 9 on IGN so it must not be that bad. Maybe IGN have overated it or maybe the PS2 demo was pants, but I might pick up a copy once I have MK, Fzero, 1080 and Star Wars etc.

Your Views?
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:02
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I read alot of previews and watched over 20 movies of this game so far and i cant wait for it to get released... it really looks the mutts nuts.

Theres a review right here on SR's site too and they also rant how good the game is, who are we to argue? its looking awesome from what ive seen/read and i for one will be buying this game the second the shop doors open on 7th Nov.
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
With people saying it would be awful and all, one couldn't help but hope it would be good.

9/10 is very good, and I'll certainly be looking out for more info on it now.
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I never said it was bad, i'm holding judgement until i've played it for a while. I'm not however expecting it to be ground breaking, it's not going to beat Vice City is it? I'm getting the Xbox version because i've waited 1 year for it and not waiting longer because they have put the Gamecube version back until the 21st November, for some reason! I'm a little dissapointed that the Xbox version won't have custom soundtrack mode! I'm talking a LITTLE TOO MUCH about Xbox here aren't i?, sorry. Anyway the Gamecube version is MUCH better then the Ps2 version in both the controls and graphics, i've been told... :D
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pah, Vice City isn't that special.

This actually sounds more interesting, because it does not seem to involve mindlessly repeating tasks again and again.
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yup its sort of like "If you fail, then carry on.."

Which is interesting. Adding loads of replay value.

I think the PS2 demo (Didn't actually play it..) it not very good because the graphics/animations aren't good and the controls aren't the best. But the PS2 is getting on abit now. So the XBox and GC versions will be much better. Thats why there are some mixed reviews. But we'll find out on Friday!

Damn dirty GameCube not releasing it. I gotta wait another like 2 weeks!

I say anything that gets a review of 7/10 or over is worth buying. So 9/10 can't be bad!!

Owen, let me know what its like yeah!?
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I mean, the graphics/animations are excellent, but the PS2 can't display them as well as the XBox/GC version.

Bah :o)
Thu 06/11/03 at 00:01
Regular
It isn't on my wish list but if it's really good (which I doubted) then I guess I have no choice but to add it to the massive list!

*Prays for a well timed GAD*
Thu 06/11/03 at 00:06
Regular
7.2 from Gamespot will be the review to trust. It sounds more like the demo "loads of modes combined yet none of them stand out at all". IGN are stupid with reviews now and anything remotely decent gets 8/10 which is stupid as it gives the wrong idea out.

Nearly got 100% for Vice City on the PS2 an it really has been one hell of a game.
Thu 06/11/03 at 00:07
Regular
Yeah although IGN often get the news first they do seem to have sold out to the likes of EA and the masses.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.