GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix Revolutions Movie Review *SPOILERS*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/10/03 at 17:43
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Okay, if you don't want to be disappointed, have things spoled e.t.c then go away ? Those who've already seen it may/may not agree with these points but for me they're pretty spot on - they come from a review from a major media corporations email newsletter;

STOP SCROLLING IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE SPOILERS

'Matrix Revolutions': First Look

I'm going to tell you a couple of things that happen in "The Matrix Revolutions." So this is an upfront warning. Don't read on if you don't want to know some things from this movie.

First of all, I actually have no idea what happened in "The Matrix Revolutions." It is sorely lacking a script of any kind.

That doesn't mean it's a bad movie. There's plenty to look at and enjoy, lots of explosions and terrific special effects. But woefully missing are plot, story, and dialogue.

I mean, the movie just starts as if the last one, "Matrix Reloaded," had been stopped for a popcorn break. You really can't say "Revolutions" is even a separate movie — just a continuation.

After last night's screening, just in case I'd missed the point of the whole thing, I asked a few from the audience what it was they'd seen. Could they explain it to me?

Only one out of 10, a lovely young woman named Nicole, had an answer.

The story has something to do with Neo (Keanu Reeves) discovering that Smith (Hugo Weaving) is really the evil inside himself. And to vanquish the machines, Neo must kill Smith.

Got that?

Of course, this sequence doesn't come until most of the movie is done. By then we've seen a very long battle in which Laurence Fishburne and Jada Pinkett Smith seem to triumph over some enemies in space.

The only problem is that once they're done, they're told by their superiors that they made a huge mistake. Hmmmm. All that for nothing.

So what does happen? Here we go: A major, major character dies long before the film is over, and another one dies just as it ends.

Let's put it this way: no couple walks into the sunset holding hands. Great romance is not the resolution of the "Revolutions." If you're somehow invested in the main couple, prepare to be disappointed.

The great theatre actress Mary Alice replaces the late Gloria Foster as The Oracle and just about steals the movie. Monica Bellucci's much vaunted reappearance as Persephone is short-lived, and Nona Gaye's turn as Zee shows that she can act and be striking looking at the same time.

Like any second sequel, or third movie in a series, "The Matrix Revolutions" will seem like a letdown, I think, except to the most die-hard fanatics.

Sure, the effects are super, but where is the humanity? And where is the dialogue? Some of it is so banal you can only imagine what the actors' rehearsals were like.

In the heat of battle, for example, Weaving exclaims, "I'm supposed to say something here! What am I supposed to say?"

This is what you should have said, Hugo. "This is the last 'Matrix' movie. We've milked this thing farther than anyone expected. And now we're done."

END OF REVIEW

So, I think the guy has it spot on myself.
Sun 09/11/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
**SPOILERS**

I saw The Matrix Revolutions yesterday, and to be honest I think it was a bit of a let down. The last 2 movies were brilliant and looked to be leading up to a great finale, and yes there was a massive battle, but the ending was absolutley rubbish.

I mean after Neo helps the machines, the fighting just stops, and that's it, end of movie. All the Matrix Revolutions is; is an extended fight scene but with a very abrupt ending. A big let down in my opinion, and it does put a huge dampner on the whole trilogy.

:(
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:48
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Blank wrote:

> No, it isn't. Most of them have been on TV, and none of them are
> worth paying for. They're about ten minutes long, most of them random
> storylines. I wouldn't bother.

if he'd seen them on TV he wouldn't be asking if it was worth it, would he?
They are all fantastic examples of anime, some incredible artwork and like I said, great use of the Matrix ideas.
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well, a fourth film is certainly possible, given the dialogue at the
> end!
>
> Can anyone tell me if it's worth buying the Animatrix?

If you get it for a good price its a worty addition to a collection, and it has some very good shorts within!
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:14
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Darwock wrote:
> Definitely worth buying the Animatrix!

No, it isn't. Most of them have been on TV, and none of them are worth paying for. They're about ten minutes long, most of them random storylines. I wouldn't bother.
Thu 06/11/03 at 12:21
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It was cliche ridden, poorly acted, predictable and atrociously written pap. How they've taken such a brilliant concept (that essentialy is Dark City meets eXistenz meets Kung Fu) and made it this poor beggers belief.
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:40
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Definitely worth buying the Animatrix! They fully explore the potential of the story with those animations. Which is why I'm a little disappointed in Revolutions, cos it doesn't.
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:47
"High polygon count"
Well, a fourth film is certainly possible, given the dialogue at the end!

Can anyone tell me if it's worth buying the Animatrix?
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:46
Regular
The question is do they make a 4th like Aliens (maybee even in a good few years) or do they do a star wars and go back in time?
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:43
"High polygon count"
I enjoyed it. Wasn't what I was expecting, that's for sure.

The Matrix: Major breakthrough, high-impact new effects, intriguing ideas.

Reloaded: More of the same, but still bigger and better.

Revolutions: Mega-expensive (and impressive) action sequences, unusual and unexpected end to the trilogy, tinged by slight feelings of "seen it all before".

Over-all, an amazing and epic trilogy.

Like the original Star Wars trilogy, it's raised the bar for its genre in so many areas, and similar films (Equilibrium?) will be compared to it for ever more.

Also like the original Star Wars trilogy, certain areas got a little silly in the third film (Ewoks, anyone?).

And again like the original Star Wars trilogy, the second movie was the best of all. In my personal opinion.
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:12
Regular
Snipe® wrote:
> No but so what? The trilogy in my opinion is spoiled by Reloaded, i
> have 'hopes' that Revolutions is better so the trilogy ends where the
> first one left people with high expectations for the sequels.

yeah, but I didn't like temple of doom, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of last crusade.

here's a question - If films were 6 hours long, and you had to judge the trilogy as one film - what would you say about it then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.