GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did they ever make it home? (incl. 80s cartoons)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/10/03 at 14:55
Regular
I just realised there are quite a few shows that I haven't seen a conclusion to. Here's a few of them that I'm still in the dark about, so if anyone can shed some light, thanks.

Quantum Leap - Did Sam Beckett ever return home or is he still leaping hoping that the next leap will be the leap home.

Ulysses 31 - The 80s animation, did Ulysses ever get the gods off his back and return to earth? Freeing those flying frozen people in the process?
www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/ulysses31.html

Dungeon & Dragons - Not the movie the 80s cartoon, did Hank the Ranger, Eric the Cavalier, Shelia the Thief, Presto the Magician, Diana the Acrobat and Bobby the Barbarian ever get back home or did that stupid unicorn get in the way again?

Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors - Another 80s animation, did Jayce ever find his father and unite the magic root to rid the galaxy of the evil Monster Minds?
http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/jww.html

Well that's all of them for now I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a few others, I'll add them when they come to mind. So many unanswered questions V_V
Fri 31/10/03 at 14:55
Regular
I just realised there are quite a few shows that I haven't seen a conclusion to. Here's a few of them that I'm still in the dark about, so if anyone can shed some light, thanks.

Quantum Leap - Did Sam Beckett ever return home or is he still leaping hoping that the next leap will be the leap home.

Ulysses 31 - The 80s animation, did Ulysses ever get the gods off his back and return to earth? Freeing those flying frozen people in the process?
www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/ulysses31.html

Dungeon & Dragons - Not the movie the 80s cartoon, did Hank the Ranger, Eric the Cavalier, Shelia the Thief, Presto the Magician, Diana the Acrobat and Bobby the Barbarian ever get back home or did that stupid unicorn get in the way again?

Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors - Another 80s animation, did Jayce ever find his father and unite the magic root to rid the galaxy of the evil Monster Minds?
http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/jww.html

Well that's all of them for now I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a few others, I'll add them when they come to mind. So many unanswered questions V_V
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
And Sliders. Which was kinda like Quantum Leap, but with alternate universes or something...

And I think the D&D cartoon did end... I seem to vaguely remember an episode where they got out... Though it may just be my childhood memory playing tricks...
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I too would be interested to know the conclusion of the Wheeled Warriors cartoon.
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:18
Regular
Ah yes Sliders was one of them too, thanks for that Sibs. Did they ever get back? Come to think of it I cant remember how they started sliding in the first place ^_^; hehe
Fri 31/10/03 at 23:35
Regular
I think I found out what happened to Dungeons & Dragons - in the 80ies when the RPG version was becoming more popular, some idiots in America took it seriously and commited suicide when their characters died. So the show was axed, however a script was written for the final episode, whether that'll ever come to life only time will tell.
Sat 01/11/03 at 00:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think sam did make it home, but he was faced with some form of ultimatum, so he jumped on.
Sat 01/11/03 at 22:32
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have a few of the answers:

Quantum Leap – In the last episode he meats a god like being and is told that he is responsible for him leaping to different times to help people. He also says that his work is not finished and so he has to keep leaping. The series then ended.

Ulysses 31 – They did get home and all the people that where asleep in the ship wakeup, that was it really.

Dungeon & Dragons – They never finished it so they never got home.

Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors – Never heard of this one.

Hope these help.
Sat 01/11/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What about?

The A-Team
Mysterious cities of gold

How did they end?
Sun 02/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
AliBoy wrote:
> What about?
>
> The A-Team

no idea, it wasn't exactly a fluid serial though was it? more like a load of adventures that have no bearing on each other. which means repeats can be seen in any order, HURRAH! :)

> Mysterious cities of gold

that was daft, they found the cities of gold but the series just marched on! can't remember exactly how it ended but i think the Omeks were involved (those dudes with the big ears and the flying metal head!)
Sun 02/11/03 at 16:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
In the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, all of them did have a chance to go back to the real world except Eric the Cavalier. The others went through some crazy upside down portal guarded by toad people but Eric couldn't make it, and seeing as Eric was their friend (don't know why, all he did was complain and kill people by accident) they sacrificed it all for him.

Interesting geek fact: Dungeon Master was Vengar's brother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.