GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE Smackdown: Here comes the pain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/10/03 at 11:32
Regular
Firstly, Im posting this here because the PS2 Forum has become a n00b infested forum and i'll get a better response here, but anyway...

HCTP got 10/10 in PSW, with the main improvements being the Season mode and the more arcady style gameplay and controls apparantly. The Season mode now has less wandering about with a screen now that tells you if anybody is about in the backstage areas, where as before you wouldn't know until you'd been everywhere. The controls have made simplier and opponents have better AI. They now know how to use weapons, attack more, and allies help more

The main bad points were the usual collision problem, no wrestler voices and that the blood could be better. But these are really minor points.

So, thoughts?
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:32
Regular
Firstly, Im posting this here because the PS2 Forum has become a n00b infested forum and i'll get a better response here, but anyway...

HCTP got 10/10 in PSW, with the main improvements being the Season mode and the more arcady style gameplay and controls apparantly. The Season mode now has less wandering about with a screen now that tells you if anybody is about in the backstage areas, where as before you wouldn't know until you'd been everywhere. The controls have made simplier and opponents have better AI. They now know how to use weapons, attack more, and allies help more

The main bad points were the usual collision problem, no wrestler voices and that the blood could be better. But these are really minor points.

So, thoughts?
Sat 01/11/03 at 10:28
Regular
"..."
Fígó wrote:
> Firstly, Im posting this here because the PS2 Forum has become a n00b
> infested forum and i'll get a better response here, but anyway...
>
> HCTP got 10/10 in PSW, with the main improvements being the Season
> mode and the more arcady style gameplay and controls apparantly. The
> Season mode now has less wandering about with a screen now that tells
> you if anybody is about in the backstage areas, where as before you
> wouldn't know until you'd been everywhere. The controls have made
> simplier and opponents have better AI. They now know how to use
> weapons, attack more, and allies help more
>
> The main bad points were the usual collision problem, no wrestler
> voices and that the blood could be better. But these are really minor
> points.
>
> So, thoughts?

Erm...I hardly think bad collison detection is a MINOR problem. For me, coming from No Mercy's excellent collision physics it is a problem which has rendered every Smackdown game COMPLETELY unplayable.
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:30
Regular
Did you really need to quote the whole thing Congy? :)

Anyway, I wouldn't exactly say that the collision problem makes Smackdown completely unplayable.
Sat 01/11/03 at 13:53
Regular
"..."
Fígó wrote:
> Did you really need to quote the whole thing Congy? :)
>
Probably not...but I wasn't really awake :p
Sat 01/11/03 at 14:52
Regular
The whole submission thing looks very cool, look forward to seeing how it all works.
Classic wrestlers is a nice bonus too but no ultimate warrior (because he is in legends of wrestling) is a bit pants.
Mon 03/11/03 at 01:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ShiggyWiggyWoo wrote:

> Classic wrestlers is a nice bonus too but no ultimate warrior
> (because he is in legends of wrestling) is a bit pants.

Well that and the fact him and Vince HATE each other and he also wanted sack loads of cash to appear in the game, could have had something to do with him not being in.
Mon 03/11/03 at 10:04
Regular
Lol, go Warrior!
Sat 08/11/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Swivel!"
I was playing SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain, yesterday, and i chose HillBilly Jim, and I managed to kick out after a Special at two different times in the match, and also managed to reverse a special twice, once by either person at two different times in the match. It was a Triple Threat, I was HillBilly Jim, and i was against Rowdy Roddy Piper & Iron Sheik. I lost the match eventually but it was a riot, also the Bra & Panties match was so surreal and totally funny.
Sat 08/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Whats a tagline?"
Is it true that kane is unmasked in this verison? and why is the rock in it? hasen't he got a full time acting contract? i need answers plz
Sat 08/11/03 at 18:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Kane is unmasked. They may be an option to put the mask back on. I don't know. The Rock is in it because he has wrestled in the year and he is a very marketable character.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.