GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the PSX Was The Most Succesful Console Ever"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/03/01 at 21:22
Regular
I got a PlayStation about 5 years ago, and ever since then gaming has been my biggest hobbie.

The first game that I ever really got into was the wonderful Tekken. I would stay in my room, playing Tekken for hours on end, sometimes not stopping for food or drink!
Then I got a few more games, a few more, a few more and a few more!! Over the last 5 years I've spent most of my free time playing on that grey rectangular box.

There are soooo many games out for the PlayStation it's unbelievable!! Most of them are way over average, yet some, 4-4-2 Soccer for instance, are some of the worst games I've ever played. But who cares about them!?!? There are so many good ones, it doesn't really matter.

A couple of years ago, I got Metal Gear Solid, probably the best game I've ever played. I couldn't believe how just a mere video game could bring so much pleasure!!

Other PSX favourites of mine are Gran Turismo 2, Syphon Filter 2, Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 2/3.

You can now get a PlayStation and a few games for less than £100!! If you do not have a decent console at the moment, and you don't have that much money to spare, I would recommend getting a PlayStation, and then waiting for the PS2, GameCube or X-Box to go down in price.

You can now also get top class games such as the ones I've mentioned above, and many more, for around £20 or less!!

I now have a PS2, yet I still play some of my old PSX games, due to how brilliant they were!!

If you want hours and hours of gaming fun, then get a PlayStation.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 08/03/01 at 21:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
I got a PlayStation about 5 years ago, and ever since then gaming has been my biggest hobbie.

The first game that I ever really got into was the wonderful Tekken. I would stay in my room, playing Tekken for hours on end, sometimes not stopping for food or drink!
Then I got a few more games, a few more, a few more and a few more!! Over the last 5 years I've spent most of my free time playing on that grey rectangular box.

There are soooo many games out for the PlayStation it's unbelievable!! Most of them are way over average, yet some, 4-4-2 Soccer for instance, are some of the worst games I've ever played. But who cares about them!?!? There are so many good ones, it doesn't really matter.

A couple of years ago, I got Metal Gear Solid, probably the best game I've ever played. I couldn't believe how just a mere video game could bring so much pleasure!!

Other PSX favourites of mine are Gran Turismo 2, Syphon Filter 2, Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 2/3.

You can now get a PlayStation and a few games for less than £100!! If you do not have a decent console at the moment, and you don't have that much money to spare, I would recommend getting a PlayStation, and then waiting for the PS2, GameCube or X-Box to go down in price.

You can now also get top class games such as the ones I've mentioned above, and many more, for around £20 or less!!

I now have a PS2, yet I still play some of my old PSX games, due to how brilliant they were!!

If you want hours and hours of gaming fun, then get a PlayStation.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:57
Your Right Ant, the Playstation has alot of great games such as ISSProEvolution, Driver2, MetalGearSolid, etc..
and with many great games such as TombRaiderII now available for £10 or under there is probably no better way to enter the world of console gaming.

Although if you like Pokemon or Multiplayer games then the N64 is also a good choice!
Fri 13/04/01 at 22:05
Regular
I like u ant you sometimes goi FOG
Sat 14/04/01 at 09:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Quazimodo wrote:
> I like u ant you sometimes goi FOG

Actually, I'm on FOG all the time!!

ne way, thanks for the comment, I'm a pretty big PSX/PS2 fan.
Sat 14/04/01 at 17:11
Playstation has some decent games, but not many.
N64 is way better. Better graphics, better everything.
I see you siad the grey rectalgular box? - exactly the PS has got no looks it looks rubbish! check it all out in the nintendo thingy 'n64 vrs playstation'
Sat 14/04/01 at 23:01
Regular
In repliance to the title "Why the PSX was the most successful console ever":

It wasn't! In fact the PSX lost to the 8-bit handheld console called Gameboy!

In fact Nintendo had the best performance last year
Then it was Electronic Arts
Then I think it was Sony!
Sun 15/04/01 at 19:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meeky wrote:
> Playstation has some decent games, but not many.
N64 is way better.
> Better graphics, better everything.
I see you siad the grey
> rectalgular box? - exactly the PS has got no looks it looks rubbish!
> check it all out in the nintendo thingy 'n64 vrs playstation'

So you would class over 50 as 'not many good games' would you??

And there wasn't much difference in the graphics, the amount of good games on N64 is very poor, and the cost of the games is horrendous!
Sun 15/04/01 at 20:43
Regular
The reason N64 games are so high in price is because of Sony creating a Microchip shortage!!!

Anyway there were plenty of good quality N64 games! In fact out of all the games my bro's got, only one is bad quality, and that's hexen!

And my bro's got loads of N64 games!
Wed 18/04/01 at 09:57
i know why any cause the game cubes not out yet!
Thu 19/04/01 at 17:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ant said:

So you would
> class over 50 as 'not many good games' would you??

And there
> wasn't much difference in the graphics, the amount of good games on
> N64 is very poor, and the cost of the games is horrendous!

There are at least 40 brilliant 90%+ games on the N64, and I got a lot of games for a mere £10-£20- And they all looked far better than PSX games. Since when could a Playstation manage view to the horizon graphics in Jet Force Gemini, while having a huge game as well?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.