GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsenal Bans/Fines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Taken from TheFA.com

At a Disciplinary Commission hearing today, Arsenal FC have been reprimanded, warned to their future conduct and fined £175,000 for failing to ensure the proper behaviour of their players...

Ashley Cole has been reprimanded, warned to his future conduct and fined £10,000 for improper conduct relating to his involvement in a confrontation with Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle.

Patrick Vieira has received a one-match suspension and a £20,000 fine for improper conduct in failing to leave the field of play following his sending-off.

Ray Parlour has received a one-match suspension and a £10,000 fine for his improper conduct in separate confrontations with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Gary Neville after the final whistle.

Martin Keown has received a 3-match suspension and £20,000 fine for violent behaviour in his actions towards Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Lauren has received a total of a four-match suspension and a £40,000 fine for violent behaviour in forcibly pushing van Nistelrooy in the back following the final whistle, and for improper conduct in confronting van Nistelrooy after Patrick Vieira's sending-off and kicking out at Quinton Fortune following the penalty award.

The Commission ruled that all suspensions should be served with effect from Monday, 17th November.

Arsenal FC and the players all admitted the charges, which related to incidents during the match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday 21st September.
Mon 03/11/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Arsenal still suck. :D
Mon 03/11/03 at 11:01
Regular
WE only had 2 French starting last game fool. Le Gunners yea shut up already with that.
Mon 03/11/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What made me laugh was seeing Arsé'ole Wenger leaving the FA's HQ with hordes of reporters and TV cameras ready for him on the other side of the door... Only, he couldn't open it!! :D

Nope. He didn't realise that it was one of those ones where you have to press a button or ask someone to open it for you, via the speaker.

He tried several times before he finally 'got it', and looked like an idiot on TV (yet again)! Last time I saw that footage though, all they showed was him coming straight from the open-door, smiling, and walking-away, as they appeared to have now cut-it.

...And I'm sure we all know what his "clichéd" excuse was!! ;D

Sir Alex Ferguson also made me laugh with his comments about how he believes the "Le Gooners" have struck a deal with the FA to let their players off-the-hook, a little.
I may hate Arsénal and everything, but even I don't think they'd be capable of that (although, their fines were still 'weak').
No. For that, you need money - something they do not have!!

And then I laughed at Wenger again for wanting to appeal against these charges - before I laugh one-more-time after hearing that Adam Crozier (the man who gave the England job to a foreigner) is in-charge of the strike-hit Royal Mail (...and now it all makes sense)!

But not letting these punishments go into effect until mid-November... That's just as rediculous! They should've been taken into effect immediatly, with the rediculous amount of time it's taken them to sort it out! Therefore, Leeds should've had a great chance at winning on Saturday, but didn't - again!!
Sat 01/11/03 at 16:38
Regular
"My head hurts"
Ah the spockers
Sat 01/11/03 at 14:09
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Snipe® wrote:

Yes listen to the Man U fan.. not
--------------

Lol =D
Sat 01/11/03 at 05:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Chrissy.P wrote:
> Shouldn't Van Nistelrooy get a fine, because he was the one who fouled
> Viera (yellow card)

Err, he jumped up for the ball to head it (a foreign concept to Arsenal players that, playing the ball) knocked Vieria down (great hard man he is eh?) and then when he came down his studs landed on Vieria's back.

Now although Ruud is a striking god unfortunately he, like all humans, can't defy gravity and so when he jumps, he comes back down again and he just so happened to land on Vieria's back. Now if that causes the little french idiot to lash out a kick at him then that's his fault, not Ruud's, and when someone kicks out the intent is to actually hit someone usually (cue Arsenal fan coming up with their usual weird and wonderful explanations "Oh the humidity and type of grass on the pitch made Vieria have an allergic reaction and kick out his leg") and so that's a yellow card. Vieria already had a yellow so he got sent off. Shouldn't have been a moron and kicked out, his own fault.

> then he faked it when Viera kicked out, about a
> metre apart .

As has already been asked, so you'd just stand there if someone kicked out at you and not try to avoid being hit?
>
> Have you noticed they do everything which helps Man U win the title.

I would say it's the exact opposite with the things Arsenal are allowed to get away with.
Sat 01/11/03 at 04:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Snipe® wrote:
> Bane wrote:
> Apparently Arsenal are considering appealling the charges bans/fines
> despite pleading guilty.
>
> *prays that they do so the FA can throw the book at them*
>
> Bit of Bull crap there.

Yes, the fact the FA will ever throw the book at Arsenal and give them the punishments they deserve is a great deal of bull crap.
Fri 31/10/03 at 23:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
An interesting fact is that Arsenal currently lead the Fair Play table in the Premiership.

Genius. :-D
Fri 31/10/03 at 22:42
Regular
Yes listen to the MAn U fan.. not
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
or don't look at all eh Sniper?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.