GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More thinly-veiled Combat 18 propaganda from the Daily Mail..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Anyone see the article today about the street in Bradford where there's only one white family left? The jist is that the daughters are trying to fit in by engaging in the Muslim religion of their neighbours.

Oh. My. Word.

I've never seen such a blatant attempt to rouse the blood of the pure-white English, and their BNP mates. They might as well have juct printed in massive bold letters "ASIANS ARE STEALING MY CHILDREN!!!111fifty". Apparently it's a documentary on Channel 4 tonight too, so they're just as bad as the Daily Mail for spreading this sort of subliminal race hate.
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Anyone see the article today about the street in Bradford where there's only one white family left? The jist is that the daughters are trying to fit in by engaging in the Muslim religion of their neighbours.

Oh. My. Word.

I've never seen such a blatant attempt to rouse the blood of the pure-white English, and their BNP mates. They might as well have juct printed in massive bold letters "ASIANS ARE STEALING MY CHILDREN!!!111fifty". Apparently it's a documentary on Channel 4 tonight too, so they're just as bad as the Daily Mail for spreading this sort of subliminal race hate.
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Well, that depends on what is causing the social rift. Are the white family not interacting with their neighbours because they feel that there should be more "good clean white folk", or are the neighbours refusing to interact with the white folks because they do not conform to their religion?

If it's the latter, it deserves to be highlighted, because racism does swing both ways.
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
True enough; whites can suffer racism just as non-whites do. But the Daily Mail is not really the organ to try and combat that problem. Their solution always seems to have more than a touch of the Enoch Powell and "Send the b*ggers back!" ideaology that is so beloved of curtain-twitching middle england...
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Well, having not read the article in question, it's difficult to comment, although I agree that the Daily Mail is a joke tabloid.
Thu 30/10/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
As far as I can gather from the article, the Asian families were trying to get the white family evicted because they're too noisy and often throw parties late at night. Whether this can be seen as the Asian's families trying to get rid of the white family for racial reasons is unclear, because they could genuinely be bad neighbours. Not that I'm suggesting the Asians families there are racist - according to the article, they welcomed the daughters into their religion, which shows an open-minded approach to their faith.

It just sounds to me that the mother has a bee in her bonnet about her children getting in too far with the whole religion thing, and they've managed to turn what could have been a good article, about how religion affects communities from an early age, into Pro-BNP garbage. What area of this the documentary focuses on remains to be seen, but yet again we have another example of the Daily Mail pandering to the Nazi-era Germany mindset.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Not a Jew"
The Daily Mail is one of the most pathetic newspapers around. See the front page and the quote "...brave leader, Iain Duncan Smith....". You weren't calling him brave a few days ago, were you? In fact you were quite derogatory with him. The Daily Mail are nothing but two faced bas***ds.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Remember monkey_man that Combat 18 is not associated in any way with the BNP which is an upright legitimate political party with legitimate concerns.

At least that's what the BNP says usually. (Just to make it clear to all of you that this isn't my view but the typical BNP one).

I'd say it was more like:
"Combat 18 is part of the BNP but we hide it well, however if it's ever proved we'll all be bricking it because the security services would largely love to make most of our leadership have strange accidents involving 9mm bullets or at the very least life sentences"

From what I understand Combat 18 was a radical offshoot of the BNP's security wing that left the mainstream BNP (allegedly) because the BNP was not extreme enough for them. Combat 18 is thought to have last been responsible for 3 nail bombs in central longon which targetted known bars/pubs used by the gay community.

And the Daily Mail/Express is not worthy of wrapping around chips, let alone reading. However both sell staggeringly high numbers every day, which is depressing.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:33
Regular
BNP is legitimate alright, but their legitimate concerns are facist, I think. Hey Bell, did you watch that programme on last night, "Disunited Kingdom"?
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Nope, I know we're largely a stupid country without watching documentaries to tell me :D

Only documentaries I tend to watch are ones on the past, quite like history channel and that, but the ones on BBC and suchlike seem more like attempts to be controversial and get the makers recognised than concern for actual issues, Cynical ? Maybe, but that's me.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I'll read the article in a little while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.