GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi people newbie here, and i need some help!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Sonic boom"
Right...heres the deal....
Without getting too hectic on people and freaking anyone out, i suffer from small panic attacks at times, and because of this my girlfriend wants to get me a GBA, as playing games seems to calm me down. Also i can obviously play this anywere aswell.

But I am seriously being persuaded by the new price tag on the game cube consoles and games though, and the games that are currently being released on it.
Ive got the N64 with all the classic games, and an original gameboy, so my question is, which console do ya reckon i should get? Do ya reckon the game cube will last?

Also what do people think of both consoles?
Im an old gamer so please dont rip me apart and take the pee cos id just like an honest answer, as ill i seem to get from other sites is crap!
Much apprieciated people, and reply's would be nice
Sun 02/11/03 at 12:31
Regular
"hit the road jack"
DIZZYMAN wrote:
> Thank you very much people, for ur feedback its great to have some
> proper opinions, cheers.
> What other titles apart from the mario worlds, RPG's and pokamonn are
> good for the GBA? Is doom2 any good, or does it look like someones
> haurled on the screen?!

Wario Ware Inc. is a new release and it bloomin' great. Addictive is the word to describe it. You will put it down then pick it up 2 minutes later. It includes 200 'microgames' and bucket of stuff to unlock.
And if you are buying a GBA, get a GBASP.
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:35
"The Will of D."
Just got F-Zero GX and so far it's brilliant. A must buy.
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:34
"The Will of D."
Syphonical wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Looks like someone didn't take their grammar pills yesterday. It's
> "you are AN ass, not "you are a ass".
>
> Well if they want to insult us why cant they do it with high calibre
> grammar? that would make us listen.
>
> And i believe that the proper English pronounciation is 'ar$e'; leave
> 'ass' to those bleedin' yanks.

True. True.
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
DIZZYMAN wrote:
> What other titles apart from the mario worlds, RPG's and pokamonn are
> good for the GBA?

My girlfriend has Metroid Fusion and Mario Kart, both of which are excellent.
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Looks like someone didn't take their grammar pills yesterday. It's
> "you are AN ass, not "you are a ass".
>
> Well if they want to insult us why cant they do it with high calibre
> grammar? that would make us listen.

And i believe that the proper English pronounciation is 'ar$e'; leave 'ass' to those bleedin' yanks.
Fri 31/10/03 at 09:47
"The Will of D."
Looks like someone didn't take their grammar pills yesterday. It's "you are AN ass, not "you are a ass".

Well if they want to insult us why cant they do it with high calibre grammar? that would make us listen.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Conker the King"
Welcome to SR.
The 'cube' is fantastic and theres no way you will ever be disappointed. Games that are must haves are:-

ETERNAL DARKNESS
BURNOUT 2
ZELDA WW
MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH (released 14th Oct)
F ZERO GX (released tomorrow)
1080 AVALANCHE (released 28th Nov me thinks!)
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
SUPER MONKEY BALL 1 & 2
WAVE RACE BLUE STORM
The list is endless...........

Not sure about the GBA. Havent actually got one but have played a mates and it was pretty cool. If I were you though i'd go for the GBA SP (or is that the one you meant)!!

Yeh sure, the Gamecube has had a rocky few months but all us 'Nintys' are pretty sure that the horizon holds better things!

Let us know which one you decide to buy.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Sonic boom"
Thank you very much people, for ur feedback its great to have some proper opinions, cheers.
What other titles apart from the mario worlds, RPG's and pokamonn are good for the GBA? Is doom2 any good, or does it look like someones haurled on the screen?!
I still cant make up my mind on which to get GC or GBA! hmmmmm
Keep the reasons coming people, its cool to hear what u got to say!
Does anyone know were i can buy resident evil2 for the n64 cheaply?
thanks
Thu 30/10/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Bane wrote:
> 7 months ago, certain cynical people (who shall remain nameless)
> stated that the gamecube would be dead within 6 months. Now the GC is
> looking at going into its second christmas, this time with easilly
> the strongest lineup on any format.
>
> The GC should have a powerhouse Christmas. Not that it wasn't worth
> buying for numerous other reasons, of course.

It definately has a good chance of comin out on top of the market but unless ninty get some good advertsing campaigns going for these exclusive games we can expect the gamecube to be over shadowed and thrusted back into a corner by the other consoles.
Thu 30/10/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
7 months ago, certain cynical people (who shall remain nameless) stated that the gamecube would be dead within 6 months. Now the GC is looking at going into its second christmas, this time with easilly the strongest lineup on any format.

The GC should have a powerhouse Christmas. Not that it wasn't worth buying for numerous other reasons, of course.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.