GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My top 5 cool and hated game Characters ever"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/07/09 at 17:18
Regular
"HDOKEN"
This is my top 5 coolest and hated game charactors, remember this is my list not official or anything just my personal list. Make replys and tell me yours

Coolest:
5. Cole (inFamous)
4. Marcus Fenix (Gears Of War series)
3. Link(The legend of zelda series)
2. Jack (MadWorld)
1. Master Cheif (Halo Series)

Most Hated:
5. Dr. Eggman (Sonic The Hedgehog Series)
4. Miles 'Tails' Prower (Sonic The Hedgehog)
3. Every one of The Sims (The Sims Series)
2. Waluigi (Mario Series)
1. Kirby (Kirby series)
The Reason i chose kirby is because he is REALLY,REALLY ANOYING!
Sat 04/07/09 at 17:18
Regular
"HDOKEN"
This is my top 5 coolest and hated game charactors, remember this is my list not official or anything just my personal list. Make replys and tell me yours

Coolest:
5. Cole (inFamous)
4. Marcus Fenix (Gears Of War series)
3. Link(The legend of zelda series)
2. Jack (MadWorld)
1. Master Cheif (Halo Series)

Most Hated:
5. Dr. Eggman (Sonic The Hedgehog Series)
4. Miles 'Tails' Prower (Sonic The Hedgehog)
3. Every one of The Sims (The Sims Series)
2. Waluigi (Mario Series)
1. Kirby (Kirby series)
The Reason i chose kirby is because he is REALLY,REALLY ANOYING!
Sun 05/07/09 at 10:58
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Coolest
-------------

1. Cloud (FF7)
2. Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors series)
3. Sonic
4. Sub Zero
5. Crash Bandicoot

Worst
----------

1. Ash Ketchum (Pokemon)
Thats it really :S
Sun 05/07/09 at 16:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Great
Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII
The greatest villain in gaming history for so many reasons. The burning of Nibelheim and subsequent showdown in the reactor, the assassination of President Shinra, the final battle and the most shocking moment in gaming history, killing Aeris while she was praying.

Annoying

Tails - Sonic 2
Incompetent little tw@tbag. Couldn't keep up and caused nothing but trouble.

Raiden - Metal Gear Solid

Sagat - Street Fighter II

Ultemecia - Ruined Final Fantasy VIII
Sun 05/07/09 at 16:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nin wrote:
> Great
> Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII
> The greatest villain in gaming history for so many reasons. The
> burning of Nibelheim and subsequent showdown in the reactor, the
> assassination of President Shinra, the final battle and the most
> shocking moment in gaming history, killing Aeris while she was
> praying.

Where's the coolest bit about him?? The Midgar Zolom in the marsh anyone? Staking a 30 foot serpent? I think so
Sun 05/07/09 at 17:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> Great
> Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII
> The greatest villain in gaming history for so many reasons. The
> burning of Nibelheim and subsequent showdown in the reactor,
> the
> assassination of President Shinra, the final battle and the
> most
> shocking moment in gaming history, killing Aeris while she was
> praying.
>
> Where's the coolest bit about him?? The Midgar Zolom in the
> marsh anyone? Staking a 30 foot serpent? I think so

Here

I remember trying numerous times to get past that thing without the Chocobo and getting my a**e kicked. Then Seph does that.
Mon 06/07/09 at 14:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha exactly the same pic i got ;)

Anywho after playing through multiple times I can do him fairly easy now. It takes a bit of luck however as if he knocks the person with Enemy Skill materia out there is no point in beating him.

Use poison on him, move everyone to back row, and just keep them alive is an easy way to kill it. (Do not attack him after you have done about 1500 damage as "Beta" is a counter attack move)

If you want to learn Beta, just equip Elemental materia linked with fire in your armor slots. This will reduce the damage to roughly 750. Have your hp above that and equip enemy skill. Then go in, and hit him hard, when he uses Beta run away quickly after or use beta back on him to kill him. (Assure you restart if he knocks the person with ES out of the battle)
Wed 08/07/09 at 11:04
Regular
"How Ironic"
Coolest
Agent 47 - Hitman Series
I love Hitman, although his voice is slightly annoying, sounds abit like Batman in the Dark Knight.

Cole - Gears of War Series
"The Cole Train!" and he also has that hilarious part in Gears of War 2 where he takes the mic and starts abusing the locust.

Giovanni - Pokeman Series
Although he was terribly easy to beat, he always had a suit on and had all the huge pokemon.

Reaver - Fable II
He's probably the coolest and funniest character in Fable 2. The countless times you visit him and he shoots the artist trying to depict him, and the way he is so heartless.

Nico Beleck - Grand Theft Auto 4
The coolest immigrant in the world.

Hated
Rose (Sister in Fable II)
"Little Sparrow". I'm not little, i've got a huge sword. I was very happy when she was shot at the start.

Gary - Pokemon Series
If he would've chosen his pokemon first, things would've been alot easier...

The Commandant - Fable II
"You will thank me for hitting you". One level 5 lightning spell and you'd be dead. It's a shame that you can't kill him until later instead of at the start.

Al Mualim - Assassin's Creed
It was so obvious what was going to happen at the end of Assassin's Creed. Every single target told you that you'd regret killing them or that you'd find the truth. But come on, it has to be the biggest anti-climax ever. And there's like 12 of him! What?!

Hammer - Fable II
I could well list all the Fable II character's in the hated list, as most are stupid, but i really found Hammer annoying. I wish you'd have the option on the wheel to say "You look like a man, now go away, you're completely useless in a combat situation", but that feature was left out for some reason...

Wheelchair Man - Hitman: Blood Money
You've got to be kidding. I've killed countless people who have had shotguns and machine guns, and my downfall is going to be a guy in a wheelchair? Thank you who ever put the feature in to resurrect in Requiem.
Fri 10/07/09 at 09:32
Regular
It isn't easy choosing a top five "cool" and top five "hated" game characters...ever, so I'll give my selection in no particular order. Ask me the same questions in a couple of months though and I'd probably give slightly different answers.

I'll start with the hated...

Lara Croft

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy the Tomb Raider games...to an extent. But I've never really seen what teenagers seemed to see in her PG Tips-pyramid style boobies in the original game? Or was it moreso that the amazing graphics* that made up Polygon-Croft gave teenagers a sense of eroticism as they span the camera around and made it look at her bum when too close to an object, or made her run into a wall to hear her grunt 'uh' like she was performing an adult act? I actually decided I loved to hate Lara Croft. Remember the waterfall early on in the game? What a spectacular scene that was when you dived off the top into the water below*. What an amazing scene that was when you dived off the top at a funny angle and made Lara Croft's skelton crack as she landed on the hard rock below. <evil laugh>. I also hate Angelina Jolie who plays her in the movies. I suppose the slug-lips match the original graphical style of the game, so atleast I can imagine its her that's diving off the waterfall...Did I just say that on a public forum?!!
Worst in: Tomb Raider movies.

Donkey Kong

Sure, he was the first videogame baddie (though that carpenter jump man should not have caged him in the first place) but he does get on my 'pyramids' a bit. Especially in the Mario Kart series. It always seems to be DK (or a variation of) that finds his way up my backside despite getting a rather impressive time on a course whilst I'm firing shells and placing bananas to keep him at bay. I wasn't impressed with Donkey Kong Country 3 either.
Worst in: Super Mario Kart (SNES).

Tingle

He might be rosy in Rupeeland**, but he is an annoying little man. Popping up in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, forcing you to do his annoying bidding. There's just nothing likeable about him. The way he walks, his face. Not even the Tingle Tuner bomb-dropping GBA connectivity could save him from my hate-list. The only good thing about him was that he decided to loiter about on a balloon in the Smash Bros series just so that I could drop him into shark infested waters. If he becomes a playable character in the next Smash Bros, I imagine he'll be tougher than the last boss. That's the only justification for putting him in the game as I don't want him to be too easy to beat. I want to pummel him til he becomes rosy green pulp. Either that, or replace the sack with Tingle...
Worst in: Every Zelda game he's in

Xbox Live

Technically not a character in itself, but it is full of characters. Although it hasn't happened so much lately, I used to hate logging onto games of Halo 2 to have some loser come on just to make screaming noises through the mic. The ones playing music or leaving their TVs on loud without muting the mic got on my nerves too. You're playing an online community game with others who don't want to listen to a very scratchy version of the latest Handel or Mozart***. Thankfully, you can easily choose to avoid players on Xbox 360 but this wasn't always possible on the original Xbox.
Worst in: Any online game.

Waluigi

Wario's Luigi. Original name. Original look. Er...no. Waluigi has become a sidekick for Wario only to appear in Nintendo sports and minigames. Atleast Luigi had a couple of his own games! I just don't see the point in Waluigi. So far he just doesn't seem to have a point. Nintendo have to ask themselves, has Waluigi been a system (or even game) selling character?
Worst in: Just about every game he's been in.

Coolest

Now this is a little more difficult. My top five coolest characters aren't necessarily my favourite characters. There's a difference in the criteria. I like Pikachu as a Pokémon character, but Charizard is so hot, he's cool! So I don't want anyone getting confused between my favourites, and the ones I think are cool...

Link

Unto each generation a hero is born. One boy in all the world, a Chosen One. One born with the strength and skill to fight the demons, to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers~. And to save the Princess. Without complaning (Excuuuuuuse me, Princess), each generation of Link goes into battle against an evil force to save either Hyrule, Princess Zelda, or both.Fighting through time, sea, wind, and even in a land of dreams (Koholint), there's no stopping him in his quests. Although he looks best in Twilight Princess, I feel he was coolest in A Link to the Past (SNES/GBA) (closely followed by Link's Awakening (GB/GBC).

Vyse

Flying battleships in an RPG which sees the main hero lead a team of friends and allies into random battles against monsters, collecting key items and exploring dungeons, restocking and resting in towns, Final Fantasy er...oh wait, Skies of Arcadia saw Vyse explore his world to fight of the evil commies, the Valuan Empire, from conquering the planet and making life a misery for all. Like Link he stands for truth, justice (and piracy....) and takes no crap from people who are stonger and bigger than him. He even loses everything but his life (and clothes thankfully) but manages to save hismelf with sticks! Hows that for heroism?!
Coolest in: Skies of Arcadia - Dreamcast.

Kane
Masterfully good, or insanely evil? That is for you to decide. Said to be the prophet of things to come, Kane is on a quest to unite the people with Tiberium, an alien compound that is taking over the planet. Early on in the Command & Conquer series he was considered evil by the GDI, even more so in the second game where Darth Vader lead the good guys. In Command & Conquer 3, he was proven right about his visions whent he Scrin invaded. Now we have hints that he is going to command the GDI in Command & Conquer 4 next year as the story comes to its conclusion. He's strong. He's clever. He has power and instills fear into his enemies...and his followers. Said to be the messiah of the Command & Conquer universe, he is a well and truly cool character. Especially when he wins.
Coolest in: Command & Conquer 3 - PC.

Miles Edgeworth
Legendary prosecutor in Capcom's point and click GBA/DS range of court-drama games, Miles Edgeworth never lost a case until challenged by the game's protagonist, Phoenix Wright. Mr Edgeworth always considered himself to have the upper hand and until being defeated and having a very long pouting session, as very cool. When his pouting finally ended, he learned some valuable lessons and now he's getting his own game! It's hard to go into any more detail without giving away spoilers, so if you like text based point and clicks, play though the series and you'll see what I mean.
Coolest in: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - DS.

Leon Kennedy
I haven't played through all of the Resident Evil games, despite having the full GameCube collection and the Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, but I did think he was really cool in Resident Evil 4. Facing zombie swarms, giant bugs, and various other bio-hazards~~, Leon doesn't even break a sweat. In his quest to rescue the President's daughter, and to survive, he faces incredible odds and (depending on the player) lives to tell the tale. All goes wrong for him though, when a S.T.A.R.S. colleague attempts to rescue him via helicopter. After a brief get to know over the radio, the resident evil destroys the helicopter causing his rescuer to die. Leon then breaks down, "MIKE NOOOOOO". And so the Leon complex begins~~~. After regaining his composure, Leon is cool again.
Coolest in: Resident Evil 4 (GameCube).

*At the time they were amazing graphics.
**Though I wont judge him for that - I haven't played that game.
***It could have been! The audio was awful on these occasions!
~I've heard that before somewhere...
~~Clever to get that reference to the Japanese name, eh?
~~~I've probably mentioned this before, but the Leon Complex is when any character in a game, TV show, movie or book has an over-dramatic emotional response to the loss of a character they've only just met.
Fri 10/07/09 at 15:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
Haha "PG tips pyramid style boobies". That's the best line i've heard for a while ;P
Fri 10/07/09 at 18:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Haha "PG tips pyramid style boobies". That's the best
> line i've heard for a while ;P

Ha !,that was class as was the Xbox live bit.I remember the first time I played Gears Of War online.I thought Microsoft must have invented a giant d***head magnet and had decided to route it through my earpiece !.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.