GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Edge Magazine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/03/01 at 08:21
Regular
I just wondered who else gets this magazine. I don't know if it is in Wales or Scotland, but us limeys can get it from W H Smith's the mag is great and there is LOADS of gaming info. There are Pictures (of course) but the detail they go into is amazing!

The Game
Thu 08/03/01 at 08:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I just wondered who else gets this magazine. I don't know if it is in Wales or Scotland, but us limeys can get it from W H Smith's the mag is great and there is LOADS of gaming info. There are Pictures (of course) but the detail they go into is amazing!

The Game
Thu 08/03/01 at 08:51
Regular
"not dead"
I've bought it once or twice.

Once because they had a guide on how to break into the gaming industry.

I find sometimes they get a little too caught up in techno speak, and disappear up their own bottoms a little way, but that's not that often.

It's an alright magazine!
Thu 08/03/01 at 08:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I used to buy it on occasion. I think it's one of the best magazines on the market actually. The depth they go into in the reviews and news section is quite impressive, and the letters page never fails to bring up some original thoughts too. I've always thought it a little pricey though. What is it at the moment, £4 a mag still? Does anyone know how much a subscription to Edge costs? I seem to remember it's significantly cheaper.
Thu 08/03/01 at 09:33
"High polygon count"
> Once because they had a guide on
> how to break into the gaming industry.

I usually find that a torch, dark clothing and a crowbar helps. Oh, and don't forget to put the gloves on before you touch anything!
Thu 08/03/01 at 10:14
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I've got a subscription to the magazine and find it's the ONLY magazine really worth buying now.

They've got a pretty tough review system, akin to that of Famitsu's and like the latter, is well respected.

-S

Thu 08/03/01 at 11:45
I just read it in Smiths, Great Magazine though just a little expensive for my budget!
Thu 08/03/01 at 17:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It;s a fine magazine, but to be honest, I think they are a bit harsh to certain games. They tend to only reward artsy fartsy games with high scores and games that can be fun for the odd 10 minute blast every now and again seem to get slated. Parasite Eve 2, a fine game received only 5/10. Go figure.
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:03
Edge is like the equivalant to the Guardian.
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:09
That's true.
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:11
Regular
And i haven't read it before.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.