GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Snippits"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/07/09 at 07:59
Regular
How can I maintain the snippit i require on google, sometimes they are taking it from the open directory sometimes from text off the page.

I would like to just have them take something i have written not just random.

Any ideas

Thanks
Fri 03/07/09 at 07:59
Regular
How can I maintain the snippit i require on google, sometimes they are taking it from the open directory sometimes from text off the page.

I would like to just have them take something i have written not just random.

Any ideas

Thanks
Fri 03/07/09 at 08:44
"Are you sure?"
You need to tell Google not to use the ODP description.

I thought we covered this in your other thread?

I must be missing something?...

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Fri 03/07/09 at 19:49
Regular
Yes we did but it just seems to now be taking random bits from the site and not using the open directory
Sat 04/07/09 at 09:30
"Are you sure?"
Google is always in a state of 'flux' so nothing is really static.

It's always changing it's algorithm - you'll also get different results depending which Google data centre you happen to hit and the keywords used in your search.

The description snippet may come from the:
~ ODP
~ Text on the page
~ Your description META

...all at Google's discretion - apart from when the NOODP attribute is used as discussed.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 04/07/09 at 11:53
Regular
Thanks i didnt know that, I thought there may have been a way of "Telling" google what to say on the snippet.

Thanks again

Ps again to all thanks for the help, I have moved up very well in the rankings :-) I still need alot more development to make the site come "Alive" but things are steadily progressing
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk made with instant pro

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.