GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Series Champions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 21:25
Regular
"skinny"
The marlins won the World Series, they won 2,0 it was pretty embarissing to tell the truth

did you guys see the dive that one of the marlins did it was so cool

well i know that there is not many baseball fans

but you guys got to give it up to the marlins they desirve it

Spike420
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
lalakersrule wrote:
> It is time to concentrate on the future, ditch the big money men who
> aren't performing and get players in who want to play the game.

The problem with that is the totally insane Brian Cashman in the GM spot. Seems to be trying to scare into retirement/quitting the whole of a quality backroom staff - in there another GM in the game who'd have beef with how Joe Torre has run things? Joe Torre the man who took the going-nowhere Yanks of the early 90's and went with them on an amazing run by even their own standards.

Big salary players aren't a problem - concern number one has to be getting Pettie to sign a new deal at whatever cost (and it's far from certain that even the highests wage offered would keep him in New York). Then they need two more high quality starting pitchers to replace Clements and Wells - problem is it isn't that easy to go out (even with an unlimited budget) and pick up two great arms at short notice.

It's going to be Cashman out there trying to get these players and if I was a Yankees fan, that would have me very worried.
Tue 28/10/03 at 05:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh i'm not saying it was just Giambi who had a knightmare world series final, almost the whole team did apart from maybe Jeter. I've never been too impressed with Soriano, every time i've managed to catch a game on NASN he seems to have made errors and gone down swinging when he needn't have. Basically almost the whole team and thought just because they were wearing the famous logo they'd get given the championship.

It is time to concentrate on the future, ditch the big money men who aren't performing and get players in who want to play the game.
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:36
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Giambi was injured for goodness sake, hence the limited play in the NL ballpark where he couldn't take DH. Look at Soranio, Boone and Posada who don't have the excuses first - where where their bats? Not just at the plate - Boone was a nightmare in the field and was it the one run margin game five or the two run margin game six where Florida bagged a run or two after Soranio shied away from the slide to miss an easy double play and extend what should have been a scorless inning. While Gonzalez's slide for the first run in game 7 was an amazing bit of play, Posada should have been blocking the plate first and worrying about the ball second - it was comming to him, there was no risk of obstruction. Basics the Yankees weren't doing.

Truth is the Yankee dynasty is over. They're old, creaking and will be leaking free agents and retirements in the off season. You're also being way too hard on the fish. Marlins were the best team in baseball since McKeon's appointment, not based on the World Series, but based on the W-L over those five or six months. Marlins are also a play off team - over 169 games things will balance out, but in best of seven you have to take risks. Florida have been taking risks all year, it's been great to watch and there isn't a team that diserves it more. Well, I'd prefer it if the A's had won, but we're another side who didn't get the basis right when it mattered.
Mon 27/10/03 at 00:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
How many more World Series are the Yankees going to lose that they easily should have strolled home. They manage to defeat the Red Sox yet lose to the Marlins, WTF?? It's the bloody Marlins for god sake, it's meant to be easy wins not get played out the ball park for virtually the whole series. Time to get rid of the overpaid, over-rated players (i'm looking at you Giambi) and get players in that actually want to win and not just take a pay cheque home each week.

Saying that the Marlins played well, Beckett especially, so fair play to them.
Sun 26/10/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
The only thing that was embarrassing was how past it the Yankee’s are looking for a team with a $180m payroll – the Marlins under Jack McKean are a quality act, from Pudge’s plate block to end the divisional series with the Giants, to the 8th inning rally to end all rallies against the Cubs, right through to Becket’s series ending tag Posada. Becket was outstanding (again - though Brad Penny should have been at least joint for the series MVP) and yes, Gonzalez’s slide round Posada’s tag (assuming that’s the dive you’re referring to) was simply astonishing. Looks almost physically impossible for him to have slid the way he did and still tagged home.

They diserve it too - took risks in even existing in such a small market, signing "past it" Pudge (2003's NL golden glove catcher anyone?) on a $10m one year contract, sending up not even triple A, but double A players to fill the injury gaps (hell, who else found two guys as good as Cabrera and Wills from that level this year?), and signing a 76 year-old manager in April when this were floundering.

Roll on spring training.
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:25
Regular
"skinny"
The marlins won the World Series, they won 2,0 it was pretty embarissing to tell the truth

did you guys see the dive that one of the marlins did it was so cool

well i know that there is not many baseball fans

but you guys got to give it up to the marlins they desirve it

Spike420

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.