GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Breakdown - Chris Benoit's Blue Hell Series"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 10:12
Regular
"bWo > You"
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix)'s Blue Hell Series for the SRW Heavyweight Championship:
Written By LL Cool TT

[First Match:

No-DQ Two Count Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)

Second Match:

Moonsault Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Chris Jericho(Figo)

Final Match:

Proof of the Pride Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Rob Van Dam(AJ)]

Ladies and gentlemen, I know I can’t speak for all of us, but I’m still trying to catch my breath after all the incredible action on SRW Breakdown… already we can safely say that this has been a huge success for SRW! We’ve had a stunning Euro-Continental Title match, HBK going over Stone Cold in the Legend vs. Legend match, the House of Mania match and so much more besides, but now we will see something different. Something new. Something monumental in SRW. Something that, regardless of the result, will see a new title contender. We have the first (and possibly last) ever Blue Hell Series for Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), a gauntlet-style match dreamt up by the brainwrong that is the bWo. For those of you who weren’t here to see the bWo announce and explain their new match-type, let’s take you back to that announcement, to get you all clued up, because this’ll be hard to follow otherwise:

LL Cool TT: Think back, Benoit(Grandprix), if you will, a couple of years back. Back when Austin and Triple H were feuding, before that Two Man Power Trip garbage walked in, there was a match – the Three Stages of Hell, they called it. Basically a two out of three falls match, but with a speciality match for each fall. Novel, yeah? But we have something much, much better for you. Let me explain. You pull up to the arena, you’re psyched up, but wait! How psyched up are you, Chris? You better have a lot of emotion pumping through those large veins of yours, because you’re not having just the one match, Chris, uh-uh! That’d be too easy, don’t you think? So instead of one, you get… three. Three matches. Not three falls, my friend, no way. Three out and out proper matches, against Chris Jericho(Figo), Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), and your champion and mine, Rob Van Dam(AJ).

Corino(LL Cool TT): We’re going to put you through your paces, Benoit(Grandprix). We’re going to test you to your limits! “But how?” you ask. Let me tell you – RVD(AJ), being the great guy that he is and all, has allowed me and Chris to pick our own stipulations for our matches you. I’ve picked something that’ll really test your athletic abilities – a no-DQ match with a new twist – it’s a 2-count match. That means that I only have to pin you to the mat for a count of 2 to win the match – clever, ain’t it?

Jericho(Figo): My match, Chris, is similarly superb in concoction. It’s so simple, yet so, so brilliant. There are gonna be no huge and unnecessary steel structures – no foreign objects, or any native objects for that matter. The ring stays as the ring. But you don’t win by pinning me to the mat. I figured that there has to be another way of one wrestler proving his strength to the other. Then I got it – it suddenly came to me: it’s been done before, but not like this. The first person to hit a certain move, wins. What move? I tried to pick something different; something rare. Something like: a moonsault. A simple moonsault. First one out of you and me to hit that move cleanly, wins the match.

RVD(AJ): I bet you’re loving this so far, Benoit(Grandprix). But wait – there’s more! You’ve still got my match to find out about! And continuing the theme of simplicity, I’ve got a good one for you. Earning a pinfall over another wrestler is usually something that takes skill, honour, precision, excellent timing – but there are some out there, you included Chris, that will do anything to cheat their way to a quick victory. A pinfall is something that can be easily gained if you can cheat your way to it. But then, I had a thought. What about two pinfalls? I don’t think you can steal two pinfalls, can you? Perhaps you can, I don’t know.

Corino(LL Cool TT): I bet you could, Rob.

RVD(AJ): Really?

Corino(LL Cool TT): Oh yeah.

RVD(AJ): OK, well then it’s good that I’ve thought of a match that should stop that. Y’see, Benoit(Grandprix), in a normal match, you just need one pinfall. But in MY match, you’re going to need… two. Benoit(Grandprix), I know what you’re thinking: “I can easily cheat my way to two falls.” But tell me, Chris, can you cheat your way to two STRAIGHT falls? That’s right: in order to win this match, one of us is going to have to pin the other two straight times. Let’s say you beat me-

bWo: What?!

RVD(AJ): Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen, guys, but let’s just say it did – let’s say you steal one over me, Chris. Then, if I pin you, which is HIGHLY likely, then I can win by getting one more pinfall, whereas you have to get two in a row. You can only win by getting the two straight falls.

That’s right, folks, the bWo have made it so that Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) will not just have to win one match, not even two, but three straight matches in order to finally wrestler that SRW Championship away from the blue hands of Rob Van Dam(AJ). If anything, it’s certainly split opinion in wrestling fans and critics alike – can Benoit(Grandprix) do it? Can he make it through the first two matches, let alone defeat the man he hasn’t been able to beat in a title match? As you know, I’m a betting kind of guy, and I’ve been down to my local bookies – I’ve bet that Benoit(Grandprix) will be able to do it. Yes, I know it seems like an impossible challenge, and that’s what the bWo intended, but I’ve got a funny feeling that Benoit(Grandprix) will be able to pull off the upset – and don’t get me wrong, it will be an upset if he wins, but I think he can.

After all, let us not forget the fact that these two have been feuding for months now, and this is the feud-breaker, the match that will end the warring between these two wrestlers. But it’s never quite as simple as that for SRW – last week, Benoit(Grandprix) decided to take matters into his own hands…

Benoit(Grandprix): Rob, I’ll cut to the chase – I asked them to hold our match outside the arena. Yep… but not a parking lot brawl-style idea, there, no way! I don’t play with those toys. And we won’t be pulling off moonsaults from trees or buildings or anything like that, Chris, so don’t worry. But we will be outside of the main arena – and fighting in another. That’s right, Rob – we’re going to finally see who’s better than the best, because where we’re going, there’s gonna be nobody to interrupt our business. The arena’s not big, but it’s big enough… I don’t know, you may have wrestled there before, I know I have at some stage. The arena will be empty – there are going to be just seven people in the entire building: you, me, Chris Jericho(Figo), Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), Earl Hebner, and two bodyguards to prevent any of you bWo scum helping out your buddy. There’s nothing you can do to weasel out of this one, Rob, you’re going to have to go it alone. We’ll find out, at long last, who is better than who – because that’s what it’s all about, right Rob? Good.

*Benoit(Grandprix) starts to walk off-camera, but stops and comes back into focus*

Benoit(Grandprix): Oh, and just so you know where to go, I’ll give you some directions… let me see… it’s a place on the corner of Swanton and Ritner Street… used to be a bingo hall at one stage. Yeah, the Viking Hall, that’s it, nestled in downtown Philadelphia. If you need to ask anyone for directions, just say “ECW Arena”!

Benoit(Grandprix) decided that to ensure the bWo couldn’t interfere in his match, he would re-arrange it so that while the rest of the SRW roster, bWo and everyone, were in SRW Towers, Benoit(Grandprix), Corino(LL Cool TT), Jericho(Figo) and Van Dam(AJ) were going to go to Philadelphia, back to the ECW Arena.

Well, folks, looks like my air-time’s all but up, and it’s over to the ECW Arena!

*Camera focuses on the ring in the ECW Arena*

Excuse this old-timer, please, but I can’t help but feel a little tear in my eye when I remember when ECW used rule that hall… anyways, enough of that, let me fill you in: we’ve installed a huge screen, to show the wrestlers in the arena what’s happening at the Towers, and to add to the slightly ‘empty’ atmosphere there. We’ve also hooked up a few speakers around the place, to pump the cheers and jeers of the SRW fans into Philly. We’re hoping that the wrestlers get a good feeling of what our fans are doing back here in the Towers, so we’ll see how it all pans out… best of luck to all four of them, of course, but I have to admit that my impartiality’s gone out of the window for this one: I cannot describe how much I want Benoit(Grandprix) to win this. Three matches? All different stipulations? For the SRW Title? Can Benoit(Grandprix) do it? Or will RVD(AJ) keep the belt? Ladies and gentlemen, we’re about to find out! Here come the wrestlers!

*bWo theme music plays out*

Led out by the two bodyguards and the referee for this match, John Finnegan, Rob Van Dam(AJ), wearing the SRW gold around his waist, Chris Jericho(Figo), confident as ever, and Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), completely focused, head to the empty ring. There’s no announcer for this series, we’re just going to hear a bell from SRW Towers, and the match will begin! The two bodyguards have prepared a chair each for Jericho(Figo) and Van Dam(AJ), who are both obviously hoping that Corino(LL Cool TT) can eliminate the threat of Benoit(Grandprix) early – Van Dam(AJ) and Jericho(Figo) sit on the chairs, and the bodyguards stand menacingly beside either one of them. Corino(LL Cool TT) is in the ring, being checked for foreign objects by Finnegan, and begins warming up slightly in the ring, as we await the arrival of a certain Mr. Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix)…

*Electric guitar screeches*

And here he is! Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), wasting no time, runs past the two other bWo members, slides into the ring, and hits a huge forearm to the face of Corino(LL Cool TT)!

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match has officially begun, but Benoit(Grandprix) couldn’t care less either way! Corino(LL Cool TT) is down after that huge forearm to his face, and Benoit(Grandprix) is taking advantage, pounding away on the bWo member’s face on the mat! Repeated fists – no, just shots – right between the eyes of Corino(LL Cool TT)! Corino(LL Cool TT) eventually throws Benoit(Grandprix) off, but Benoit(Grandprix) barely takes notice, and returns to Corino(LL Cool TT): waistlock cinched in on Corino(LL Cool TT)! Strong, strong bearhug-like waistlock by Benoit(Grandprix) on the bWo member, who is already gasping for breath! Benoit(Grandprix) won’t be releasing that lock anytime soon… but Corino(LL Cool TT) has quickly crawled his way to the ropes, forcing Benoit(Grandprix) to let go. Benoit(Grandprix) does so without any sign of a cheap shot, he just makes the clean break, and allows Corino(LL Cool TT) to get to his feet for the first time in this contest – don’t forget, viewers, this first match with Corino(LL Cool TT), the first of the Blue Hell Series, is a no-DQ Two Count match with Corino(LL Cool TT), meaning that you only have to pin your opponent’s shoulders to the mat for a count of two, instead of three, to win the match.

Corino(LL Cool TT) gets up, but Benoit(Grandprix) charges at him- Corino(LL Cool TT) dodges, and Benoit(Grandprix) flies out of the ring after attempting a shoulder charge at Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)! Benoit(Grandprix)’s already spilled out, which is not at all good for him, and gives Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) the sort of cheap opportunities that he thrives on! Corino(LL Cool TT) follows Benoit(Grandprix) to the outside, where he’s met with a harsh boot to the mid-section by the fallen Benoit(Grandprix)! Benoit(Grandprix), still on his back, grabs the left arm of Corino(LL Cool TT), and just throws Corino(LL Cool TT) into the steel guard rail! That’s no soft WWE-style guard barrier there, that’s raw steel, and it sure as Hell doesn’t feel good! Corino(LL Cool TT) is now on the cold, concrete floor with Benoit(Grandprix) back to his feet, as the Canadian puts the boots in! No mercy being shown by the ravenous Rabid Wolverine, whose only intention is to win that SRW Title from the low-down cheats that are the bWo! Corino(LL Cool TT) must be feeling some pain after taking the soles of Benoit(Grandprix)’s boots in his torso, but he has no time to recover as Benoit(Grandprix) throws Corino(LL Cool TT) back into the ring, and goes for the pin:

Kick out by Corino(LL Cool TT), surprisingly close to the two, but Benoit(Grandprix) is too hyped up to care, as he whips Corino(LL Cool TT) into the corner, and goes over to administer some punishment to Corino(LL Cool TT): he stands on the second rope, and goes for the punch; two punches; three punches… he’s still going, until he gets to the tenth punch! Benoit(Grandprix) isn’t screwing around tonight, he wants to get Corino(LL Cool TT) out of his way, in order to get to RVD(AJ) as soon as possible!

Benoit(Grandprix) takes Corino(LL Cool TT) by the neck, and puts him in a sleeper hold! Benoit(Grandprix) now takes Corino(LL Cool TT) down to the mat, and is engaging in some smart, basic and fundamental wrestling – as Benoit(Grandprix) wraps his arm around Corino(LL Cool TT)’s throat, he gets a rest, while Corino(LL Cool TT) is having to fight for every single breath! Benoit(Grandprix)’s come to town with an effective-looking plan, which seems to be bothering the other two members of the bWo, as they both cheer loudly, trying to get Corino(LL Cool TT) back into the match. It seems to be working, as Corino(LL Cool TT) is getting to his feet, Benoit(Grandprix) following, and Corino(LL Cool TT) shoots Benoit(Grandprix) back into the ropes; Benoit(Grandprix) bounces off, meets the boot of Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), and Corino(LL Cool TT) hooks Benoit(Grandprix) in a suplex – FISHERMAN’S SUPLEX! Holds on for the pin:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix) before the two! Corino(LL Cool TT) looks a little frustrated, but he shouldn’t have expected Benoit(Grandprix) to be beaten after taking so little offence from Corino(LL Cool TT). Benoit(Grandprix) is back up, but has to back into the corner after Corino(LL Cool TT) starts to hit some sharp right hands into his forehead – Benoit(Grandprix) tries to block the punches, but Corino(LL Cool TT) will not be stopped- sorry, I tell a lie, Benoit(Grandprix) reversed Corino(LL Cool TT), backs the bWo member into the corner, and is kicking violently right at the stomach of the King of Old School! Referee John Finnegan tries desperately to pull Benoit(Grandprix) away from Corino(LL Cool TT), but Benoit(Grandprix) has none of it, forcing the ref away, and continuing to beat down on Corino(LL Cool TT)! Benoit(Grandprix) finally finishes stamping down on Corino(LL Cool TT), but pulls him up to his feet, draws back – SMACK! Knife-edge chop on Corino(LL Cool TT)’s chest! SMACK! Another! SMACK! And one more! The danger here for Corino(LL Cool TT) is that after enough chops, the skin can split, bleed a little, and get infected, which he doesn’t need.

Benoit(Grandprix) takes Corino(LL Cool TT) to the ropes, whips him; Corino(LL Cool TT) bounces off, but catches Benoit(Grandprix) with a sloppy clothesline! Benoit(Grandprix) goes down, and Corino(LL Cool TT) steps back a few steps, and seems to be preparing for something… Benoit(Grandprix) gets up – SUPERKICK- dodged by Benoit(Grandprix), who catches the right leg of Corino(LL Cool TT), and hits a vicious dragon screw leg-whip! But Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and keeps hold of the right leg, dragging Corino(LL Cool TT) back up – a second dragon screw! And again, Benoit(Grandprix) holds onto the leg! Corino(LL Cool TT) is dragged back up for a second time, but hits Benoit(Grandprix) with a stiff enziguri! Benoit(Grandprix) falls to the mat, holding the right side of his head, and Corino(LL Cool TT) can’t take real advantage of this, due to the pain in his leg sustained after two leg-whips! The King of Old School, and the only former ECW World Heavyweight Champion in this match, where all competitors have competed in ECW, Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) crawls over to Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), and lays an arm over in a weak cover:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix), but I would never have thought that Corino(LL Cool TT) could have got the win just from that lacklustre cover. Rob Van Dam(AJ) and Chris Jericho(Figo) are clapping and cheering loudly in favour of Corino(LL Cool TT), but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who gets to his feet first, but immediately drops back down with an elbow drop on the back of Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck! Benoit(Grandprix) gets up, but drops the elbow again! Benoit(Grandprix) picks Corino(LL Cool TT) up to his feet, gets him immediately in a suplex hold, lifts Corino(LL Cool TT) up… and drops him in a CORKSCREW BRAINBUSTER! Good night Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), that should be all – but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t go for the cover, he picks Corino(LL Cool TT) back up, and goes behind… he lifts Corino(LL Cool TT) up, seemingly for the belly-to-back suplex, BUT DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT)’S HEAD ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S KNEE! Good Lord, can you feel the pain? That must have seriously jarred Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck, but again Benoit(Grandprix) neglects the opportunity to go for the cover, favouring to pick up Corino(LL Cool TT). Benoit(Grandprix) knees Corino(LL Cool TT) low in the gut, hooks him in a suplex position again – brainbuster? Snap suplex? Benoit(Grandprix) goes to lift him up, but Corino(LL Cool TT) blocks it; Benoit(Grandprix) tries again, but again Corino(LL Cool TT) blocks it – Corino(LL Cool TT) now weighs in with his own knees to Benoit(Grandprix)’s midsection, takes Benoit(Grandprix) by the head and arm, and throws him in a T-Bone suplex!

Now both Corino(LL Cool TT) and Benoit(Grandprix) are down, after that brief fight-back by Corino(LL Cool TT), although both men are stirring… the referee isn’t bothering with a 10-count, as we’re only getting a winner by a 2-count. Benoit(Grandprix) and Corino(LL Cool TT) both get to their feet pretty much simultaneously, and go for each other with that most basic of all the attacks – the fists! Both men are trying hard to leather each other with their hands, and this seems to have degenerated into a fight! Finnegan stays clear, not wanting to be caught by a stray hand, but Corino(LL Cool TT) stops the proceedings with a cheap thumb to Benoit(Grandprix)’s eye! That’s perfectly legal in this match, but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t like it, as he responds with a horrifically blatant low blow! Corino(LL Cool TT) was caught completely unawares, and now Benoit(Grandprix) is no doubt ready to take advantage of the situation – he spins Corino(LL Cool TT) around, lifts him high once again, and drops Corino(LL Cool TT) on the back of his neck with a high-angled belly-to-back! Benoit(Grandprix) is really targeting as much of his offence as possible on Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck and head, even though I thought he wouldn’t want to make this match go on for very long – the longer this match goes on, the more it favours the bWo.

Benoit(Grandprix) picks up Corino(LL Cool TT) again, and looks to whip him to the ropes, but Corino(LL Cool TT) reverses, sending Benoit(Grandprix) into the ropes, and as Benoit(Grandprix) bounces off, Corino(LL Cool TT) goes for the clothesline – but Benoit(Grandprix) goes underneath, hooks the arm, AND DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT) WITH THE HANGMAN’S NECKBREAKER! But Benoit(Grandprix) isn’t done yet, as he continues to grasp hold of the arm, drags Corino(LL Cool TT) back up, AND DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT) AGAIN WITH A SINGLE-ARM DDT! Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck could well be broken after that, but still Benoit(Grandprix) refuses to release that arm, instead ensuring Corino(LL Cool TT) is flat on his front, and CLAMPS ON THE CROSSFACE! CROSSFACE TO CORINO(LL COOL TT)! But there are no submissions! Benoit(Grandprix) can’t win just by using the Crossface for this match, it can only be a pinfall! As Corino(LL Cool TT) writhes in pain, the other two members of the bWo leap out of their chairs in opposition, but the two bodyguards catch them, and push them right back into their seats! Benoit(Grandprix) is pulling back very harshly, leaning slightly forward before pulling right back repeatedly, and Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) starts to tap! Even though he hasn’t won this fall yet, Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) can take heart from the fact that he has forced a submission from a wrestler who rarely succumbs to any hold!

Finally, Benoit(Grandprix) releases Corino(LL Cool TT) from the submission hold, but gives Corino(LL Cool TT) absolutely no respite, as he picks him up, almost lifeless, and lifts him up to the top rope – Benoit(Grandprix) goes to the apron, and climbs the turnbuckle… he’s put Corino(LL Cool TT) in position for a- piledriver?! No, just don’t do it, Chris! He lifts him up… no, POWERBOMB! POWERBOMB! POWERBOMB FROM THE TOP ROPE! Cleverly, Benoit(Grandprix) didn’t land in the sitout position, which would have damaged the tailbone, he landed on his feet and knees, and so quickly goes for the cover:

2! Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) gets the first victory in the Blue Hell Series, allowing him to progress on to face Chris Jericho(Figo), in the unique ‘Moonsault Match’. I’ve checked this one out already, Jericho(Figo) has fixed it so that the only type of moonsault that counts is a top-rope moonsault. The Lionsault won’t get the victory, nor will a second-rope moonsault, or a standing moonsault, RVD(AJ)-style.

As Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and goes to the corner to rest briefly, Jericho(Figo) has some final words with RVD(AJ), no doubt planning some form of scheme to cost Benoit(Grandprix) the victory he needs to face RVD(AJ). Jericho(Figo) gets up, congratulates Corino(LL Cool TT) on his attempts, and slides into the ring.

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match has officially begun, but Jericho(Figo) is staying away from Benoit(Grandprix), allowing the Edmonton native to catch his breath – sportsmanship from Jericho(Figo)? Why do I get the feeling this is all to do with some plan of his? Oh well, the important thing is that now, with Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) out of the corner, this match can begin in earnest – Benoit(Grandprix) and Jericho(Figo) tie-up in the middle of the ring; Jericho(Figo) goes under and puts Benoit(Grandprix) in a hammerlock; Benoit(Grandprix) goes under, putting Jericho(Figo) in a hammerlock of his own; Jericho(Figo) looks to grasp Benoit(Grandprix)’s leg… Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t give it to him, instead keeping Jericho(Figo)’s right arm in that hammerlock; Jericho(Figo) tires of this and reverses into his own hammerlock for Benoit(Grandprix), and then turns that into a headlock, nice and tight… Benoit(Grandprix) moves his weight back, forcing him and Jericho(Figo) into the ropes – he shoots Jericho(Figo) off, but Jericho(Figo) hangs onto Benoit(Grandprix)’s head, refusing to let go. Jericho(Figo) now rolls out of the headlock into a waistlock, before tripping Benoit(Grandprix) onto his front, spinning on Benoit(Grandprix)’s back and locking in a front facelock… Benoit(Grandprix) rolls out of it into one of his own; Jericho(Figo) does the same; Benoit(Grandprix) repeats it once more; Jericho(Figo) tries it but Benoit(Grandprix) predicts this, rolling around t the same time and placing Jericho(Figo) in another facelock. Jericho(Figo) forces the pair of them onto their feet, with Benoit(Grandprix) still grasping Jericho(Figo)’s head in the facelock; Jericho(Figo) gets hold of Benoit(Grandprix)’s arm, the one with which he’s administering the facelock, and turns it into a hammerlock on Benoit(Grandprix); Benoit(Grandprix) grabs at Jericho(Figo)’s head, leaps up, and hits a snapmare on Jericho(Figo); Jericho(Figo) gets up, hits Benoit(Grandprix) with a shoulder charge, bounces off the ropes, as Benoit(Grandprix) gets down on his front; Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, and meets Jericho(Figo) with a hip-toss; Jericho(Figo) responds in kind; Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and throws Jericho(Figo) down with an arm-drag; Jericho(Figo) uses a Japanese armdrag; Benoit(Grandprix) gets up again and tries a clothesline, but Jericho(Figo) ducks; Jericho(Figo) tries a spinning heel kick, but the leg gets caught by Benoit(Grandprix), who trips Jericho(Figo) over, but Jericho(Figo) pushes Benoit(Grandprix) away – Jericho(Figo) kips up, ducks another Benoit(Grandprix) clothesline attempt, puts Benoit(Grandprix) in the headlock once again, but Benoit(Grandprix) pushes Jericho(Figo) into the ropes; Jericho(Figo) bounces off, but Benoit(Grandprix) meets him with a waistlock; goes behind on Jericho(Figo), and hits a German Suplex! But he hangs on, lifts Jericho(Figo) back up, and hits another! STILL he hangs on, though, gearing up for another- no, Jericho(Figo) switches and goes behind Benoit(Grandprix), AND HITS A HUGE RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX! Benoit(Grandprix) landed on his head and rolled back, but he’s already standing up! It’s as though he didn’t feel it!

Jericho(Figo) is shocked, but has no time to comprehend the amazing show of impact-absorption from Benoit(Grandprix), as the Canadian Crippler charges, and hits Jericho(Figo) with an almighty clothesline! Jericho(Figo) is down, but Benoit(Grandprix) drags him up, and whips him into the corner – Benoit(Grandprix) charges up, and rams his shoulder right into Jericho(Figo)’s stomach! And now, with Jericho(Figo) in such a vulnerable position, Benoit(Grandprix) hoists Jericho(Figo) up to the top rope, steps onto the second, and hooks Jericho(Figo) for a superplex… but Jericho(Figo) doesn’t like the looks of this, so he punches Benoit(Grandprix) a few times in the face, shoves Benoit(Grandprix) off the turnbuckle, and seems to be preparing for the moonsault, to wrap up this match! He’s turned around on the turnbuckle… but Benoit(Grandprix)’s already got back up – evidently the push wasn’t strong enough, as now Benoit(Grandprix) has taken hold of Jericho(Figo) in a powerbomb position; he runs with Jericho(Figo) on his shoulders, BUT JERICHO(FIGO) REVERSES INTO A GREAT HURRICANRANA! Benoit(Grandprix)’s momentum from running meant that he was carried back onto his feet, but into the corner, allowing Jericho(Figo) the room to take advantage! Jericho(Figo) lays into Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) with some boots, and now some rights, and now just cuts that out and chokes Benoit(Grandprix) with his bare hands! Finnegan tries to interject, and eventually breaks Jericho(Figo)’s grip on the Wolverine’s throat – Jericho(Figo) stands off, briefly… but dropkicks the fallen Benoit(Grandprix) right in the face! Nowhere to go for Benoit(Grandprix)!

Jericho(Figo) grabs Benoit(Grandprix), and whips him into the opposite corner – he then runs towards Benoit(Grandprix), but gets hit by a Benoit(Grandprix) left boot, stunning him temporarily, and Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t let the opening go amiss, as he slams his forearm into the back of Jericho(Figo)’s head! Jericho(Figo) can only go down, and Benoit(Grandprix) starts to stamp viciously on his head and back – so much so, that Jericho(Figo) has to roll out of the ring for salvation! Benoit(Grandprix) allows Jericho(Figo) to drop to the concrete, waits for him to start getting to his feet, but runs back towards the ropes, bounces off, AND GOES FOR THE SUICIDE DIVE! BUT MISSES! Jericho(Figo) saw him coming and just about got out of the way, leaving Benoit(Grandprix) to land in the steel of the guard rail! Benoit(Grandprix) must be in monumental pain! Jericho(Figo) grabs Benoit(Grandprix)’s legs, pulls them apart – LOW BLOW WITH THE BOOT! But wait- he does it again! And again! And again! Four straight low blows are met with polite clapping from the bWo members, Corino(LL Cool TT) and Van Dam(AJ), and grimacing from the Crippler! Jericho(Figo) picks up Benoit(Grandprix), and whips him into the guard rail! Jericho(Figo) doesn’t let up, though, as he runs at Benoit(Grandprix)- but Benoit(Grandprix) throws the Highlight of the Night over the guard rail, into the empty chairs! Benoit(Grandprix) climbs slowly over the guard rail, obviously not wanting to cause more harm to the Benoit(Grandprix) Family Jewels, and picks up a chair – and just throws it on Jericho(Figo)’s face! Benoit(Grandprix) picks Jericho(Figo) up, hooks him in a standing suplex position, lifts him up – and brings his back down on a chair! As Finnegan and the bWo members protest, Jericho(Figo) screams in agony – Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t care, though, and throws Jericho(Figo) back over the guard rail. Benoit(Grandprix) follows his fellow Canadian, and soon picks him back up – he gets him in a position for a powerbomb or a piledriver… YES, A POWERBOMB ON THE CONCRETE! But even then, Benoit(Grandprix) allows Jericho(Figo) no time at all to recover from that nasty move, and throws him back in the ring!

Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) follows his namesake, Chris Jericho(Figo), into the ring, well aware that he should have done enough to win this match against Jericho(Figo), all he has to do now is hit the moonsault to finally face his nemesis, Rob Van Dam(AJ). Benoit(Grandprix) drags Jericho(Figo) over to a corner, and quickly hits a tremendous snap suplex! Benoit(Grandprix) then steps up the ropes, gets to the top rope… he jumps- AND MISSES! Jericho(Figo) rolled slowly out of the way, but managed to avoid the flipping Benoit(Grandprix)! Jericho(Figo) doesn’t manage to get up, though, leaving both men feeling the effects of Benoit(Grandprix)’s offence… the bWo members try to spur Jericho(Figo) on, but to no avail, he’s not moving!

Benoit(Grandprix) finally starts to try to get to his feet, and Jericho(Figo) likewise, so they get up at the same time, but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who manages to take hold of the situation by getting the kick to Jericho(Figo)’s gut, goes for another, but Jericho(Figo) catches the leg, and clotheslines Benoit(Grandprix) down to the mat! And now, Jericho(Figo) looks for the Walls of Jericho(Figo)! He’s trying to turn Benoit(Grandprix) over, but Benoit(Grandprix) resists – Jericho(Figo) tries to turn Benoit(Grandprix) the other way, but gain Benoit(Grandprix) resists… but it’s not enough, because Jericho(Figo) has finally locked in the Walls! Benoit(Grandprix) is clearly in a Hell of a lot of pain, but he can’t lose this match by tapping out! Even so, he refuses to tap! Jericho(Figo) has well and truly locked it in, allowing Benoit(Grandprix) no escape- WOAH! Benoit(Grandprix), in an unholy show of leg strength, actually flipped Jericho(Figo) over without the use of his upper-body! Fantastic! But the momentum is still with Jericho(Figo), though, as he gets Benoit(Grandprix) back up, puts his Canadian opponent in the double underhook, lifts him up, AND SLAMS HIM WITH THE TIGER BACKBREAKER! Lovely move from the cowardly bWo member that is Chris Jericho(Figo), who doesn’t relent in his attacks, by putting Benoit(Grandprix) back on his feet, but also booting him again in the torso, and getting him in the piledriver position… Jericho(Figo) lifts him up, and hits a powerbomb! But Jericho(Figo) doesn’t let go! He hoists Benoit(Grandprix) back into the air – THE DOUBLE POWERBOMB BY JERICHO(FIGO)! We haven’t seen that move for a long time! Jericho(Figo) is now firmly in control of this moonsault match, and he knows it! The bWo powers at ringside applaud their representative, as Jericho(Figo) bounces off the ropes and drops a quick elbow on Benoit(Grandprix)! Jericho(Figo) gets back up, goes back over to the ropes, and drops a second elbow! Jericho(Figo) goes back to the ropes again, but leaps over Benoit(Grandprix), onto the rope – LIONSAULT- ONTO BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S KNEES! Benoit(Grandprix) got the knees up, and Jericho(Figo) landed right on them!

Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up to a vertical base, firmly in the knowledge that he is now in control of this match, and goes over to pick up Jericho(Figo) – Jericho(Figo) is slow to get back up, but does, and Benoit(Grandprix) whips him into the ropes; Jericho(Figo) returns, but Benoit(Grandprix) shoots him high into the sky… and HITS JERICHO(FIGO) WITH A GUTBUSTER! Painful move for Jericho(Figo) to endure, there, but Benoit(Grandprix) brings the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah back up to his feet almost immediately, and puts him in position for a piledriver… yes, he drops Jericho(Figo) with a stiff-looking piledriver, compressing the vertebrae! Benoit(Grandprix) pulls the fallen Jericho(Figo) over to near a turnbuckle, and starts to climb the ropes! He could be looking for the moonsault… he goes for it, BUT MISSES AGAIN! Jericho(Figo) again rolled his way out of losing this match, and somehow, probably using the pain in his neck to push him on, he gets to his feet, re-positions Benoit(Grandprix), and climbs the turnbuckle for himself! I’m afraid, after that missed moonsault, we could be seeing the end of Benoit(Grandprix)’s title challenge in front of our very eyes! That is a terrible shame, as Jericho(Figo) leaps – BUT HE MISSES! JERICHO(FIGO) MISSED, AND LANDED ON HIS HEAD! JESUS CHRIST! Benoit(Grandprix) didn’t move, he was out, but Jericho(Figo) totally over-judged the distance between himself and Benoit(Grandprix), jumped too far backwards, realised his mistake in mid-air, looked to see where Benoit(Grandprix) was, and the first part of his body to hit the mat was his forehead, completely jerking the neck! Jericho(Figo)’s neck would well be gone after that botched spot! The challenger for the title has been gifted another chance! Benoit(Grandprix) notices what Jericho(Figo) has done, though, moves gingerly over to the bWo member, AND PUTS HIM IN THE CROSSFACE! He’s pulling hard on Jericho(Figo)’s severely weakened neck, there’s nothing Jericho(Figo) can do, he looks as though he’s out cold! I think Benoit(Grandprix) has noticed Jericho(Figo)’s unconsciousness, so he releases Jericho(Figo) from the painful hold, readjusts the Winnipeg resident, and returns to the top of the turnbuckle… we’re all anxious in SRW Towers, can Benoit(Grandprix) hit it – he leaps, AND CONNECTS WITH THE MOONSAULT! It’s over, Benoit(Grandprix) has won this match! The game is up for RVD(AJ), he must now put the SRW Heavyweight Championship of the world on the line, against Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), in the Proof of the Pride match!

Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) has exceeded all expectations, folks, he’s made it not only past Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), but he’s also beaten Chris Jericho(Figo) to progress to the final match of the Blue Hell Series, a Proof of the Pride match against the SRW Champion, Rob Van Dam(AJ), whereby a wrestler must secure two straight pinfalls against his opponent to win the match! In the case of a disqualification, the wrestler breaking the rules will have their pinfall stripped of them, so that it is a clean slate if they have a pinfall to their name, or they will be put back to ‘-1 falls’, so that they will have to earn a fall just to be put back on level terms, after which if they lose a fall, they will only need the obligatory two falls… if you don’t quite understand the ins and outs, ladies and gentlemen, don’t worry, you’ll pick it up as we go along.

Down to business, back at the ECW Arena, as RVD(AJ) enters the ring against the tiring yet adrenalin-pumping Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), in this final match of the Blue Hell Series!

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match is official, it has started, and neither man wants to waste any time, as they both approach each other- but Benoit(Grandprix) leaps down and past RVD(AJ), rolling him up into a school boy! Cover:

Kick out by RVD(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up, as does RVD(AJ), who looks angered after that roll-up, as both men lock up in a collar and elbow tie-up – like two huge forces, they’re pushing against each other, neither able to make the other move back, but RVD(AJ) is able to force Benoit(Grandprix) to lose his footing as Benoit(Grandprix) is tiring already, and both men are testing their strength against the other. This ends with RVD(AJ) forcing Benoit(Grandprix) into the corner – Finnegan tries to separate the two… a clean break by Van Dam(AJ)? Yes, Van Dam(AJ) breaks cleanly from Benoit(Grandprix), which is heartening in some measure, I suppose. Both men circle each other again… really, Benoit(Grandprix) does not want to get into an amateur wrestling contest against Van Dam(AJ), because he is fatiguing quickly, and needs two quick pinfalls. I think RVD(AJ) is going to try and prolong this match for as long as possible, to take as much energy out of Benoit(Grandprix) as possible, before getting the win. Which tactic will work? I couldn’t say, but what I can say is that RVD(AJ) has put Benoit(Grandprix) in a hammerlock – reversal by Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) releases the hammerlock quickly, takes RVD(AJ)’s arm over his head, lifts RVD(AJ) – BIG-TIME BELLY-TO-BACK SUPLEX! Van Dam(AJ) was brought down on the back of his head and neck, good idea from Benoit(Grandprix). Benoit(Grandprix) can afford to waste no time, and he knows this, as he immediately covers Van Dam(AJ) in a lateral press:

2- Kick out by Van Dam(AJ) just at the two – Benoit(Grandprix) was never going to get the pin after just one suplex, especially without hooking the leg. Nevertheless, a promising start for Benoit(Grandprix), but he walks into a surprise spinning heel kick by Van Dam(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) is down, but is he out? Cover, no hook of the leg:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix)! RVD(AJ) gets to his feet very promptly, comes off the ropes, rolls – ROLLING THUNDER- MISSED! Benoit(Grandprix) rolled out of the way, and Van Dam(AJ)’s back bounced off the canvas! Benoit(Grandprix) gets up, clearly approaching the point of exhaustion, and kicks viciously at Van Dam(AJ) as the SRW Champion gets to his feet – kick to the gut by Benoit(Grandprix), and a snap suplex! Benoit(Grandprix) pushes Van Dam(AJ) into a sitting position, though, gets up and hits a clean dropkick to the back of Van Dam(AJ)’s head! But he gets Van Dam(AJ) back in that sitting position, flips over Van am, and pulls the neck as he goes through! Fantastic reverse neckbreaker by Benoit(Grandprix), but will that be all? He hooks the leg:

Kick out by RVD(AJ)! A great flurry of offence by Benoit(Grandprix), but how much did that take out of him? It certainly hurt Van Dam(AJ), who is nursing his neck as he gets back to his feet, but this doesn’t stop RVD(AJ) from taking some pretty much unblocked shots to Benoit(Grandprix) – right feet, left feet, forearms, all making their contribution to pushing Benoit(Grandprix) back into a corner – RVD(AJ) whips Benoit(Grandprix) into the opposite corner, follows up; forward rolls to Benoit(Grandprix), jumps on him, looking for the monkey flip – he gets it! Benoit(Grandprix) landed right on his tailbone, and that had to have caused a Hell-load of pain! Van Dam(AJ) stays on his game-plan, though, as he takes Benoit(Grandprix) up by the head, hooks him up for the suplex, lifts him up…. DELAYED vertical suplex… good God, how long has Benoit(Grandprix) been up there? He’ll technically own that air-space if he’s up there much longer… VERTICAL SUPLEX ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Van Dam(AJ) effectively dropped Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) on his back with that move, but doesn’t go for the cover, he brings Benoit(Grandprix) back up, and lifts him into the air with a scandalous show of strength by Van Dam(AJ) – he’s bench-pressing Benoit(Grandprix)! Van Dam(AJ) drops Benoit(Grandprix) behind him, AND GOES FOR THE MOONSAULT- but Benoit(Grandprix) had turned on his landing, and tries to put RVD(AJ) in the Crippler Crossface as he landed from the backflip! RVD(AJ) is trying desperately to get out of this, and manages to roll to his side, over Benoit(Grandprix), and escape; gets back to his feet – SOMERSAULT SENTON! Out of nowhere, Van Dam(AJ) used his amazing agility to swing the control of this match right back in his favour! He goes for the cover:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix) after 2, though, which Van Dam(AJ) is not happy about! Finnegan gets berated by Van Dam(AJ), while Benoit(Grandprix) takes the opportunity to get up, catch his breath, AND ROLL RVD(AJ) UP IN THE SCHOOL BOY! Cover:

KICK OUT BY VAN DAM(AJ) AT 2 AND FORTY-FIVE FORTY-SIXTHS! Van Dam(AJ) just managed to escape being pinned, there, Benoit(Grandprix) was SO close! RVD(AJ) is quickly back up to his feet, though, and beating on Benoit(Grandprix)! He’s smashing Benoit(Grandprix) with all sorts of rights and lefts and kicks and punches, it’s an all-out assault on Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) by the champ! Van Dam(AJ) now brings Benoit(Grandprix) back up, almost throws him over to the corner with the Irish Whip, and follows with an almighty thrust kick to Benoit(Grandprix)’s chin! With Benoit(Grandprix) now stunned in the corner, Van Dam(AJ) lifts his Canadian opponent onto his shoulders – a Samoan Drop, anyone? But no, Van Dam(AJ) starts to run with Benoit(Grandprix) on his shoulders – FLIPPING SAMOAN DROP! But the assault isn’t over, as Van Dam(AJ)’s momentum carries him onto the second rope, and RVD(AJ) HITS THE MOONSAULT ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Cover:

KICK OUT BY THE CRIPPLER! Benoit(Grandprix) only just managed to fight out of that impressive staple offence from Van Dam(AJ), but I could be right in thinking that the end is near for Benoit(Grandprix), because is really is fighting now, there must be lactic acid in every square inch of his muscles, his lungs have been put under so much pressure, there can’t be much left at all for Benoit(Grandprix), surely! And as he slowly gets to his feet, Van Dam(AJ) smiles, knowing that his task could well be at an end by this point – with the bWo cheering Van Dam(AJ) and jeering Benoit(Grandprix), the Wolverine gets to his feet, with help from the ropes of course, starts to stumble towards Van Dam(AJ)… but- oh no, please don’t say it has to end like this! Benoit(Grandprix) seems to be trying to focus his vision, but is losing his balance – he’s fallen! He’s fallen! Van Dam(AJ) immediately takes advantage, he goes for the lateral press on Benoit(Grandprix) – no, don’t let this be over, Chris! Cover:

WAIT- BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) ROLLS VAN DAM(AJ) UP!

3! Benoit(Grandprix) gets the pin! Benoit(Grandprix) has got the pin out of RVD(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) takes the advantage in this match, as he kips up! He wasn’t passing out at all! He baited Van Dam(AJ) into that, and now is only (well, I say ‘only’) one pin away from capturing the gold! RVD(AJ) is incensed, and the bWo are voicing their opinions loudly! There are all sorts of words that I can’t repeat on TV being thrown at Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t seem to notice them, as he waits for Van Dam(AJ) to get back into this match.

They both try to lock up again, but Benoit(Grandprix) goes behind Van Dam(AJ), no doubt looking for the rolling Germans, but Van Dam(AJ) switches, AND HITS A VERY CLEAN GERMAN SUPLEX! He bridges as well!

KICK OUT IN THE NICK OF TIME BY BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! There was almost no time left for Benoit(Grandprix) to kick out, there, but he just managed it, and Van Dam(AJ) is once again bellowing at Finnegan! I’m sorry, Rob, but that count was totally fair! RVD(AJ) is letting his emotions to get the better of him, which is exactly what he doesn’t need in this feud-breaker title match with Benoit(Grandprix)! Benoit(Grandprix) is back to his feet and recovering as much as he can, while Van Dam(AJ) continues to shout at Finnegan! Benoit(Grandprix) is now quietly approaching RVD(AJ), with the bWo screaming out to Van Dam(AJ), but Benoit(Grandprix) goes for the kill- SUPERKICK BY VAN DAM(AJ)! As Benoit(Grandprix) made the move, Van Dam(AJ) smacked him in the chin with the boot! Benoit(Grandprix) goes down like the proverbial ton of bricks, Van Dam(AJ) covers, and hooks the leg:

3! Van Dam(AJ) now takes control of this match following some very smart thinking, catching Benoit(Grandprix) totally unawares! If Van Dam(AJ) can stay on his game, then the title could well be heading back to the bWo tonight! Benoit(Grandprix) is slowly crawling over to the ropes, as Van Dam(AJ) celebrates with his bWo buddies! Benoit(Grandprix) is trying to get up, but it’s not easy after you’ve been kicked in the jaw! Benoit(Grandprix), as you can see, is trying to shake off the effects of the superkick, but it’s not that easy! Van Dam(AJ) doesn’t give Benoit(Grandprix) the time to get back up, though, he charges at Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) lifts him up and over the ropes- but Van Dam(AJ) lands on the apron, swings his leg in a roundhouse kick attempt, Benoit(Grandprix) caught the leg, though, and dropped it down on the ropes! Van Dam(AJ) is down on the apron, but Benoit(Grandprix) pulls him back to his feet, locks the arms around Van Dam(AJ)’s chest – RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX OVER THE ROPES BY BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Van Dam(AJ) bounced off his skull! As quickly as that, Benoit(Grandprix) could be back in the driving seat of the car that is this title match!

Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up as quickly as he can, which is not amazingly fast, admittedly, but grasps Van Dam(AJ)’s legs, grapevines them, and is looking for a Sharpshooter on Van Dam(AJ)! He goes for it, but doesn’t seem to have the energy to fully turn Van Dam(AJ) over- RVD(AJ) gets a thumb to Benoit(Grandprix)’s eyes! Van Dam(AJ) pushes Benoit(Grandprix) away, and the Canadian Crippler, still getting jeered by the bWo but cheered back here at SRW Towers, falls half-way out of the ring, he’s now just leaning on the second rope, his upper-body out of the ring, his legs in, and Van Dam(AJ) takes advantage of the chance – jumps off the second rope, over the top, AND HITS A HUGE LEG DROP ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Benoit(Grandprix) falls to the concrete, as does Van Dam(AJ), but Van Dam(AJ) quickly pushes Benoit(Grandprix) back into the ring – wait, what’s all this? The bWo are screaming their heads off about something or other, and now have Finnegan’s full attention, giving RVD(AJ) the chance to look underneath the ring for something or other – he’s grabbed a steel chair, and is heading into the ring with it! As Benoit(Grandprix) slowly climbs back to the vertical base, Van Dam(AJ) lies in wait, clutching at that steel chair, with Finnegan paying no attention whatsoever to the actions in the ring! Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, but as soon as he gets up, RVD(AJ) throws the chair at him – VAN DAM(AJ)INATOR! Damn it! Damn it! But wait- Finnegan saw it! The ref turned round just as Van Dam(AJ)’s heel connected with the chair, and Benoit(Grandprix)’s head! What timing! And now Van Dam(AJ) is disqualified! He’s had his fall stripped of him, we’re back to 0-0!

But when you think about it, taking a Van Dam(AJ)inator is no easy task to recover from, meaning Benoit(Grandprix) has one Hell of a job to do against Van Dam(AJ) for the remainder of this match! Van Dam(AJ), knowing this, quickly goes for the cover – is that legal?

3! No! Van Dam(AJ) has already put himself back in control of this match with the sneakiest of all the tactics! Benoit(Grandprix) is back where he was, but is one Van Dam(AJ)inator worse off! RVD(AJ) needs only to pin Benoit(Grandprix)’s shoulders to the mat for one more count of three, and we have a winner of this match!

RVD(AJ) is now told to get back to a corner while Benoit(Grandprix) gets up to his feet, which is a very slow process indeed! Benoit(Grandprix) must be absolutely shattered, his body surely must just start to fail after this much high-impact wrestling! At last, he’s back up, but Van Dam(AJ) is unwilling to give him much more time to recover, as he charges towards the corner – Benoit(Grandprix) dodges out of the way just in time, leaving Van Dam(AJ) crunching into the turnbuckle! Benoit(Grandprix) grabs Van Dam(AJ), spins him around, and HITS A NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX!

NO DICE! KICK OUT BY VAN DAM(AJ)! Van Dam(AJ) gets back to his feet quickly, Benoit(Grandprix)’s still on his knees, and Van Dam(AJ) rolls Benoit(Grandprix) up in an Oklahoma Roll!

SO CLOSE, AND YET SO FAR FOR THE CHAMP! Benoit(Grandprix) kicked out! Both men now get up to their feet again, as Van Dam(AJ) charges once more at Benoit(Grandprix) – but Benoit(Grandprix) gets the drop-toe hold on Van Dam(AJ), and locks in the Crippler Crossface on the stunned champion! This could be over for Van Dam(AJ) – all Benoit(Grandprix) has to do is to leave the bWo leader in the Crossface for enough time, then get the two quick pins, and he’ll have the title! But Van Dam(AJ) seems to have the Crossface scouted, as he slowly powers Benoit(Grandprix) over – he rolls Benoit(Grandprix) over, onto his shoulders! Here’s the title-deciding count!

BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) ESCAPED! He’s still safe, after that devastatingly intelligent reversal to the Crippler Crossface by Rob Van Dam(AJ)! What can Benoit(Grandprix) have left to throw at Van Dam(AJ) – his main move has been turned against him by the champ! Benoit(Grandprix) charges at Van Dam(AJ) with the clothesline, but RVD(AJ) ducks; both men run off the ropes, AND RVD(AJ) CLATTERS INTO BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) WITH A SPINNING HEEL KICK! It wasn’t the cleanest of spinning heel kicks from Van Dam(AJ), but in this match it’s more than enough! He’s hooks Benoit(Grandprix)’s leg:

AGAIN, BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) SAVES HIMSELF! I can’t explain how he’s doing this, kids, but he is! He’s taking whatever Van Dam(AJ) is throwing at him, and is managing to escape from the jaws of defeat each time! But as Van Dam(AJ) and Benoit(Grandprix) both return to their feet, RVD(AJ) runs at Benoit(Grandprix), misses a clothesline attempt, Benoit(Grandprix) capitalizes by hoisting the champion onto his shoulders – WHAM! DEATH VALLEY DRIVER?! And he holds on to Van Dam(AJ)’s leg, he’s got the pin:

3! Benoit(Grandprix)’s right back in this! He’s crunched Van Dam(AJ)’s head with that move, and the title is within his grasp again! But can he take it? As he crawls back to a corner to recover what little he can, Van Dam(AJ) is helped to the ropes by the referee…

After a short time, both men are back to their feet, moving cautiously and slowly, but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who once again takes the initiative by kicking Van Dam(AJ) in the midsection, hooking him up – SNAP SUPLEX! But he holds on, though, he brings Van Dam(AJ), back to his feet in the suplex position, but now switches behind – GERMAN SUPLEX! But again, Benoit(Grandprix) is holding on! He keeps those hands locked around Van Dam(AJ)’s waist, drags him near to a corner, and sweeps Van Dam(AJ) off his feet, leans backwards – WHEELBARROW SUPLEX! Van Dam(AJ) has been laid out near a turnbuckle, the bWo don’t like it, but the crowd at SRW Towers as gone wild! They’ve realised what this means – with Benoit(Grandprix) holding the advantage, and going up for what surely must be the Diving Headbutt, we could have a new champion! Benoit(Grandprix)’s up to the tope rope, it’s all in his hands, now! The bWo are furious, and are having to be held back by the bodyguards, as Benoit(Grandprix) leaps – WHAT THE?! WHAM! BUT HE MISSED WITH THE DIVE! What the Hell was that?! Benoit(Grandprix) front-flipped in mid-air, looked like a 450 splash, but seemed to be trying to land the headbutt, but Van Dam(AJ) moved out of the way, and Benoit(Grandprix)’s head smacked straight on the canvas! He must be out like a light from that impact! The crowd at SRW Towers are in shock, they can’t believe it, but the bWo are celebrating, knowing that this one surely be must Van Dam(AJ)’s now! Van Dam(AJ) crawls over, and covers Benoit(Grandprix):

3! Van Dam(AJ) is back in control, Benoit(Grandprix) just can’t be alive now! His nose has been smashed, there’s blood pouring from both there and his mouth, and now Van Dam(AJ) has to take advantage of this! He is still on his knees, but re-positions Benoit(Grandprix), this must be the Five-Star Frog Splash that he’s looking for here! Van Dam(AJ) gets up, leaps to the top rope in one fell swoop, but has his back to Benoit(Grandprix)? He jumps – MOONSAULTING FIVE-STAR FROG SPLASH- BUT HE MISSES AS WELL! Van Dam(AJ) went for it all with a move I’ve never ever seen before, a frog splash mixed with a moonsault, but that could have cost him his title! I can’t fathom why both men have used such new and risky manoeuvres to win this match, but the short and the tall of it is that neither man seems to be moving – but Benoit(Grandprix) has draped an arm over Van Dam(AJ)! There’s the count by Finnegan:

3! Yes! Benoit(Grandprix)’s back in the match, but how much can he do after taking that huge bump to his face? I don’t know if he’s got enough to win this match anymore! But he’s still moving! Somehow, some way, Benoit(Grandprix) is moving himself, he’s moving what must feel like a mountain at this point, and he’s going back up! No, Benoit(Grandprix), don’t risk it all again! The crowd here at SRW Towers is in shock and suspense, they want to see a new champion, but don’t want Benoit(Grandprix) to risk this all over again… he’s clambered up to the top of the turnbuckle… Van Dam(AJ) isn’t moving… Benoit(Grandprix) jumps – BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) CONNECTS! BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) CONNECTS! His head smasked right into RVD(AJ)’s left shoulder – but can he make the cover? He throws himself onto Van Dam(AJ)! Finnegan makes the count:

3! YES! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION! OH MY GOD, BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S DONE IT! HE’S BEATEN THE ODDS, THE PREDICTIONS AND THE bWo TO FINALLY GET THE TITLE AWAY FROM VAN DAM(AJ)! He’s done it, after all these months, he’s done it! He’s won the big one, and SRW Towers has gone ballistic! The crowd have gone wild, not a single bWo fan in this arena, they love it, and so do I! The bWo can’t believe it, Van Dam(AJ) is out, and Benoit(Grandprix) has been given the belt! At last, at long, long last, BENOIT IS OUR CHAMPION!
Thu 30/10/03 at 10:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Wow, that literally took me days to read. :D

It was well worth it though, an amazing set of matches between the bWo and Benoit (Grandprix), and after over half a year we have crowned a new SRW Champion, Chris Benoit (Grandprix)!

Congrats GP and unlucky to AJ - who's lose both his world titles in a couple of months now. :D

Amazing stuff LL, you took it to a whole new level.
Wed 29/10/03 at 20:04
Regular
"eat me im healthy"
Bloody hell u did alot of writin. its wicked that thing. i wanna see it in real life man
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yah. Excellent match as usual. After Benoit missed that first Falling Headbutt on RVD, I thought he was done for but no! He won! :D

The match was tops with loads and loads of action! It was soooo long, it took me aaaagggggeeeeesssss to read but was worth it.

Well done LL on another great addition to Break-Down. :)

I can't believe it... Benoit is finally the champ... :)
Sun 26/10/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Unbelievable! The amount of times I thought Benoit was finished in that final fall. Benoit proves he is better than RVD by not only beating him but Corino and Jericho.

The action was superb and although I felt there were a lot of brackets about, the action more than compensated.
Sun 26/10/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Better Than You"
WOW!!! What an amazing match! Great acion all the time! Took me quite while to read but it was worth it! AND BENOIT WON!!! I wonder how long it will take me to read the EC match then. Hehehehehe.
Sun 26/10/03 at 10:12
Regular
"bWo > You"
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix)'s Blue Hell Series for the SRW Heavyweight Championship:
Written By LL Cool TT

[First Match:

No-DQ Two Count Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)

Second Match:

Moonsault Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Chris Jericho(Figo)

Final Match:

Proof of the Pride Match:
Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) vs. Rob Van Dam(AJ)]

Ladies and gentlemen, I know I can’t speak for all of us, but I’m still trying to catch my breath after all the incredible action on SRW Breakdown… already we can safely say that this has been a huge success for SRW! We’ve had a stunning Euro-Continental Title match, HBK going over Stone Cold in the Legend vs. Legend match, the House of Mania match and so much more besides, but now we will see something different. Something new. Something monumental in SRW. Something that, regardless of the result, will see a new title contender. We have the first (and possibly last) ever Blue Hell Series for Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), a gauntlet-style match dreamt up by the brainwrong that is the bWo. For those of you who weren’t here to see the bWo announce and explain their new match-type, let’s take you back to that announcement, to get you all clued up, because this’ll be hard to follow otherwise:

LL Cool TT: Think back, Benoit(Grandprix), if you will, a couple of years back. Back when Austin and Triple H were feuding, before that Two Man Power Trip garbage walked in, there was a match – the Three Stages of Hell, they called it. Basically a two out of three falls match, but with a speciality match for each fall. Novel, yeah? But we have something much, much better for you. Let me explain. You pull up to the arena, you’re psyched up, but wait! How psyched up are you, Chris? You better have a lot of emotion pumping through those large veins of yours, because you’re not having just the one match, Chris, uh-uh! That’d be too easy, don’t you think? So instead of one, you get… three. Three matches. Not three falls, my friend, no way. Three out and out proper matches, against Chris Jericho(Figo), Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), and your champion and mine, Rob Van Dam(AJ).

Corino(LL Cool TT): We’re going to put you through your paces, Benoit(Grandprix). We’re going to test you to your limits! “But how?” you ask. Let me tell you – RVD(AJ), being the great guy that he is and all, has allowed me and Chris to pick our own stipulations for our matches you. I’ve picked something that’ll really test your athletic abilities – a no-DQ match with a new twist – it’s a 2-count match. That means that I only have to pin you to the mat for a count of 2 to win the match – clever, ain’t it?

Jericho(Figo): My match, Chris, is similarly superb in concoction. It’s so simple, yet so, so brilliant. There are gonna be no huge and unnecessary steel structures – no foreign objects, or any native objects for that matter. The ring stays as the ring. But you don’t win by pinning me to the mat. I figured that there has to be another way of one wrestler proving his strength to the other. Then I got it – it suddenly came to me: it’s been done before, but not like this. The first person to hit a certain move, wins. What move? I tried to pick something different; something rare. Something like: a moonsault. A simple moonsault. First one out of you and me to hit that move cleanly, wins the match.

RVD(AJ): I bet you’re loving this so far, Benoit(Grandprix). But wait – there’s more! You’ve still got my match to find out about! And continuing the theme of simplicity, I’ve got a good one for you. Earning a pinfall over another wrestler is usually something that takes skill, honour, precision, excellent timing – but there are some out there, you included Chris, that will do anything to cheat their way to a quick victory. A pinfall is something that can be easily gained if you can cheat your way to it. But then, I had a thought. What about two pinfalls? I don’t think you can steal two pinfalls, can you? Perhaps you can, I don’t know.

Corino(LL Cool TT): I bet you could, Rob.

RVD(AJ): Really?

Corino(LL Cool TT): Oh yeah.

RVD(AJ): OK, well then it’s good that I’ve thought of a match that should stop that. Y’see, Benoit(Grandprix), in a normal match, you just need one pinfall. But in MY match, you’re going to need… two. Benoit(Grandprix), I know what you’re thinking: “I can easily cheat my way to two falls.” But tell me, Chris, can you cheat your way to two STRAIGHT falls? That’s right: in order to win this match, one of us is going to have to pin the other two straight times. Let’s say you beat me-

bWo: What?!

RVD(AJ): Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen, guys, but let’s just say it did – let’s say you steal one over me, Chris. Then, if I pin you, which is HIGHLY likely, then I can win by getting one more pinfall, whereas you have to get two in a row. You can only win by getting the two straight falls.

That’s right, folks, the bWo have made it so that Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) will not just have to win one match, not even two, but three straight matches in order to finally wrestler that SRW Championship away from the blue hands of Rob Van Dam(AJ). If anything, it’s certainly split opinion in wrestling fans and critics alike – can Benoit(Grandprix) do it? Can he make it through the first two matches, let alone defeat the man he hasn’t been able to beat in a title match? As you know, I’m a betting kind of guy, and I’ve been down to my local bookies – I’ve bet that Benoit(Grandprix) will be able to do it. Yes, I know it seems like an impossible challenge, and that’s what the bWo intended, but I’ve got a funny feeling that Benoit(Grandprix) will be able to pull off the upset – and don’t get me wrong, it will be an upset if he wins, but I think he can.

After all, let us not forget the fact that these two have been feuding for months now, and this is the feud-breaker, the match that will end the warring between these two wrestlers. But it’s never quite as simple as that for SRW – last week, Benoit(Grandprix) decided to take matters into his own hands…

Benoit(Grandprix): Rob, I’ll cut to the chase – I asked them to hold our match outside the arena. Yep… but not a parking lot brawl-style idea, there, no way! I don’t play with those toys. And we won’t be pulling off moonsaults from trees or buildings or anything like that, Chris, so don’t worry. But we will be outside of the main arena – and fighting in another. That’s right, Rob – we’re going to finally see who’s better than the best, because where we’re going, there’s gonna be nobody to interrupt our business. The arena’s not big, but it’s big enough… I don’t know, you may have wrestled there before, I know I have at some stage. The arena will be empty – there are going to be just seven people in the entire building: you, me, Chris Jericho(Figo), Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), Earl Hebner, and two bodyguards to prevent any of you bWo scum helping out your buddy. There’s nothing you can do to weasel out of this one, Rob, you’re going to have to go it alone. We’ll find out, at long last, who is better than who – because that’s what it’s all about, right Rob? Good.

*Benoit(Grandprix) starts to walk off-camera, but stops and comes back into focus*

Benoit(Grandprix): Oh, and just so you know where to go, I’ll give you some directions… let me see… it’s a place on the corner of Swanton and Ritner Street… used to be a bingo hall at one stage. Yeah, the Viking Hall, that’s it, nestled in downtown Philadelphia. If you need to ask anyone for directions, just say “ECW Arena”!

Benoit(Grandprix) decided that to ensure the bWo couldn’t interfere in his match, he would re-arrange it so that while the rest of the SRW roster, bWo and everyone, were in SRW Towers, Benoit(Grandprix), Corino(LL Cool TT), Jericho(Figo) and Van Dam(AJ) were going to go to Philadelphia, back to the ECW Arena.

Well, folks, looks like my air-time’s all but up, and it’s over to the ECW Arena!

*Camera focuses on the ring in the ECW Arena*

Excuse this old-timer, please, but I can’t help but feel a little tear in my eye when I remember when ECW used rule that hall… anyways, enough of that, let me fill you in: we’ve installed a huge screen, to show the wrestlers in the arena what’s happening at the Towers, and to add to the slightly ‘empty’ atmosphere there. We’ve also hooked up a few speakers around the place, to pump the cheers and jeers of the SRW fans into Philly. We’re hoping that the wrestlers get a good feeling of what our fans are doing back here in the Towers, so we’ll see how it all pans out… best of luck to all four of them, of course, but I have to admit that my impartiality’s gone out of the window for this one: I cannot describe how much I want Benoit(Grandprix) to win this. Three matches? All different stipulations? For the SRW Title? Can Benoit(Grandprix) do it? Or will RVD(AJ) keep the belt? Ladies and gentlemen, we’re about to find out! Here come the wrestlers!

*bWo theme music plays out*

Led out by the two bodyguards and the referee for this match, John Finnegan, Rob Van Dam(AJ), wearing the SRW gold around his waist, Chris Jericho(Figo), confident as ever, and Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), completely focused, head to the empty ring. There’s no announcer for this series, we’re just going to hear a bell from SRW Towers, and the match will begin! The two bodyguards have prepared a chair each for Jericho(Figo) and Van Dam(AJ), who are both obviously hoping that Corino(LL Cool TT) can eliminate the threat of Benoit(Grandprix) early – Van Dam(AJ) and Jericho(Figo) sit on the chairs, and the bodyguards stand menacingly beside either one of them. Corino(LL Cool TT) is in the ring, being checked for foreign objects by Finnegan, and begins warming up slightly in the ring, as we await the arrival of a certain Mr. Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix)…

*Electric guitar screeches*

And here he is! Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), wasting no time, runs past the two other bWo members, slides into the ring, and hits a huge forearm to the face of Corino(LL Cool TT)!

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match has officially begun, but Benoit(Grandprix) couldn’t care less either way! Corino(LL Cool TT) is down after that huge forearm to his face, and Benoit(Grandprix) is taking advantage, pounding away on the bWo member’s face on the mat! Repeated fists – no, just shots – right between the eyes of Corino(LL Cool TT)! Corino(LL Cool TT) eventually throws Benoit(Grandprix) off, but Benoit(Grandprix) barely takes notice, and returns to Corino(LL Cool TT): waistlock cinched in on Corino(LL Cool TT)! Strong, strong bearhug-like waistlock by Benoit(Grandprix) on the bWo member, who is already gasping for breath! Benoit(Grandprix) won’t be releasing that lock anytime soon… but Corino(LL Cool TT) has quickly crawled his way to the ropes, forcing Benoit(Grandprix) to let go. Benoit(Grandprix) does so without any sign of a cheap shot, he just makes the clean break, and allows Corino(LL Cool TT) to get to his feet for the first time in this contest – don’t forget, viewers, this first match with Corino(LL Cool TT), the first of the Blue Hell Series, is a no-DQ Two Count match with Corino(LL Cool TT), meaning that you only have to pin your opponent’s shoulders to the mat for a count of two, instead of three, to win the match.

Corino(LL Cool TT) gets up, but Benoit(Grandprix) charges at him- Corino(LL Cool TT) dodges, and Benoit(Grandprix) flies out of the ring after attempting a shoulder charge at Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)! Benoit(Grandprix)’s already spilled out, which is not at all good for him, and gives Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) the sort of cheap opportunities that he thrives on! Corino(LL Cool TT) follows Benoit(Grandprix) to the outside, where he’s met with a harsh boot to the mid-section by the fallen Benoit(Grandprix)! Benoit(Grandprix), still on his back, grabs the left arm of Corino(LL Cool TT), and just throws Corino(LL Cool TT) into the steel guard rail! That’s no soft WWE-style guard barrier there, that’s raw steel, and it sure as Hell doesn’t feel good! Corino(LL Cool TT) is now on the cold, concrete floor with Benoit(Grandprix) back to his feet, as the Canadian puts the boots in! No mercy being shown by the ravenous Rabid Wolverine, whose only intention is to win that SRW Title from the low-down cheats that are the bWo! Corino(LL Cool TT) must be feeling some pain after taking the soles of Benoit(Grandprix)’s boots in his torso, but he has no time to recover as Benoit(Grandprix) throws Corino(LL Cool TT) back into the ring, and goes for the pin:

Kick out by Corino(LL Cool TT), surprisingly close to the two, but Benoit(Grandprix) is too hyped up to care, as he whips Corino(LL Cool TT) into the corner, and goes over to administer some punishment to Corino(LL Cool TT): he stands on the second rope, and goes for the punch; two punches; three punches… he’s still going, until he gets to the tenth punch! Benoit(Grandprix) isn’t screwing around tonight, he wants to get Corino(LL Cool TT) out of his way, in order to get to RVD(AJ) as soon as possible!

Benoit(Grandprix) takes Corino(LL Cool TT) by the neck, and puts him in a sleeper hold! Benoit(Grandprix) now takes Corino(LL Cool TT) down to the mat, and is engaging in some smart, basic and fundamental wrestling – as Benoit(Grandprix) wraps his arm around Corino(LL Cool TT)’s throat, he gets a rest, while Corino(LL Cool TT) is having to fight for every single breath! Benoit(Grandprix)’s come to town with an effective-looking plan, which seems to be bothering the other two members of the bWo, as they both cheer loudly, trying to get Corino(LL Cool TT) back into the match. It seems to be working, as Corino(LL Cool TT) is getting to his feet, Benoit(Grandprix) following, and Corino(LL Cool TT) shoots Benoit(Grandprix) back into the ropes; Benoit(Grandprix) bounces off, meets the boot of Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), and Corino(LL Cool TT) hooks Benoit(Grandprix) in a suplex – FISHERMAN’S SUPLEX! Holds on for the pin:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix) before the two! Corino(LL Cool TT) looks a little frustrated, but he shouldn’t have expected Benoit(Grandprix) to be beaten after taking so little offence from Corino(LL Cool TT). Benoit(Grandprix) is back up, but has to back into the corner after Corino(LL Cool TT) starts to hit some sharp right hands into his forehead – Benoit(Grandprix) tries to block the punches, but Corino(LL Cool TT) will not be stopped- sorry, I tell a lie, Benoit(Grandprix) reversed Corino(LL Cool TT), backs the bWo member into the corner, and is kicking violently right at the stomach of the King of Old School! Referee John Finnegan tries desperately to pull Benoit(Grandprix) away from Corino(LL Cool TT), but Benoit(Grandprix) has none of it, forcing the ref away, and continuing to beat down on Corino(LL Cool TT)! Benoit(Grandprix) finally finishes stamping down on Corino(LL Cool TT), but pulls him up to his feet, draws back – SMACK! Knife-edge chop on Corino(LL Cool TT)’s chest! SMACK! Another! SMACK! And one more! The danger here for Corino(LL Cool TT) is that after enough chops, the skin can split, bleed a little, and get infected, which he doesn’t need.

Benoit(Grandprix) takes Corino(LL Cool TT) to the ropes, whips him; Corino(LL Cool TT) bounces off, but catches Benoit(Grandprix) with a sloppy clothesline! Benoit(Grandprix) goes down, and Corino(LL Cool TT) steps back a few steps, and seems to be preparing for something… Benoit(Grandprix) gets up – SUPERKICK- dodged by Benoit(Grandprix), who catches the right leg of Corino(LL Cool TT), and hits a vicious dragon screw leg-whip! But Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and keeps hold of the right leg, dragging Corino(LL Cool TT) back up – a second dragon screw! And again, Benoit(Grandprix) holds onto the leg! Corino(LL Cool TT) is dragged back up for a second time, but hits Benoit(Grandprix) with a stiff enziguri! Benoit(Grandprix) falls to the mat, holding the right side of his head, and Corino(LL Cool TT) can’t take real advantage of this, due to the pain in his leg sustained after two leg-whips! The King of Old School, and the only former ECW World Heavyweight Champion in this match, where all competitors have competed in ECW, Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) crawls over to Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), and lays an arm over in a weak cover:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix), but I would never have thought that Corino(LL Cool TT) could have got the win just from that lacklustre cover. Rob Van Dam(AJ) and Chris Jericho(Figo) are clapping and cheering loudly in favour of Corino(LL Cool TT), but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who gets to his feet first, but immediately drops back down with an elbow drop on the back of Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck! Benoit(Grandprix) gets up, but drops the elbow again! Benoit(Grandprix) picks Corino(LL Cool TT) up to his feet, gets him immediately in a suplex hold, lifts Corino(LL Cool TT) up… and drops him in a CORKSCREW BRAINBUSTER! Good night Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), that should be all – but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t go for the cover, he picks Corino(LL Cool TT) back up, and goes behind… he lifts Corino(LL Cool TT) up, seemingly for the belly-to-back suplex, BUT DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT)’S HEAD ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S KNEE! Good Lord, can you feel the pain? That must have seriously jarred Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck, but again Benoit(Grandprix) neglects the opportunity to go for the cover, favouring to pick up Corino(LL Cool TT). Benoit(Grandprix) knees Corino(LL Cool TT) low in the gut, hooks him in a suplex position again – brainbuster? Snap suplex? Benoit(Grandprix) goes to lift him up, but Corino(LL Cool TT) blocks it; Benoit(Grandprix) tries again, but again Corino(LL Cool TT) blocks it – Corino(LL Cool TT) now weighs in with his own knees to Benoit(Grandprix)’s midsection, takes Benoit(Grandprix) by the head and arm, and throws him in a T-Bone suplex!

Now both Corino(LL Cool TT) and Benoit(Grandprix) are down, after that brief fight-back by Corino(LL Cool TT), although both men are stirring… the referee isn’t bothering with a 10-count, as we’re only getting a winner by a 2-count. Benoit(Grandprix) and Corino(LL Cool TT) both get to their feet pretty much simultaneously, and go for each other with that most basic of all the attacks – the fists! Both men are trying hard to leather each other with their hands, and this seems to have degenerated into a fight! Finnegan stays clear, not wanting to be caught by a stray hand, but Corino(LL Cool TT) stops the proceedings with a cheap thumb to Benoit(Grandprix)’s eye! That’s perfectly legal in this match, but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t like it, as he responds with a horrifically blatant low blow! Corino(LL Cool TT) was caught completely unawares, and now Benoit(Grandprix) is no doubt ready to take advantage of the situation – he spins Corino(LL Cool TT) around, lifts him high once again, and drops Corino(LL Cool TT) on the back of his neck with a high-angled belly-to-back! Benoit(Grandprix) is really targeting as much of his offence as possible on Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck and head, even though I thought he wouldn’t want to make this match go on for very long – the longer this match goes on, the more it favours the bWo.

Benoit(Grandprix) picks up Corino(LL Cool TT) again, and looks to whip him to the ropes, but Corino(LL Cool TT) reverses, sending Benoit(Grandprix) into the ropes, and as Benoit(Grandprix) bounces off, Corino(LL Cool TT) goes for the clothesline – but Benoit(Grandprix) goes underneath, hooks the arm, AND DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT) WITH THE HANGMAN’S NECKBREAKER! But Benoit(Grandprix) isn’t done yet, as he continues to grasp hold of the arm, drags Corino(LL Cool TT) back up, AND DROPS CORINO(LL COOL TT) AGAIN WITH A SINGLE-ARM DDT! Steve Corino(LL Cool TT)’s neck could well be broken after that, but still Benoit(Grandprix) refuses to release that arm, instead ensuring Corino(LL Cool TT) is flat on his front, and CLAMPS ON THE CROSSFACE! CROSSFACE TO CORINO(LL COOL TT)! But there are no submissions! Benoit(Grandprix) can’t win just by using the Crossface for this match, it can only be a pinfall! As Corino(LL Cool TT) writhes in pain, the other two members of the bWo leap out of their chairs in opposition, but the two bodyguards catch them, and push them right back into their seats! Benoit(Grandprix) is pulling back very harshly, leaning slightly forward before pulling right back repeatedly, and Steve Corino(LL Cool TT) starts to tap! Even though he hasn’t won this fall yet, Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) can take heart from the fact that he has forced a submission from a wrestler who rarely succumbs to any hold!

Finally, Benoit(Grandprix) releases Corino(LL Cool TT) from the submission hold, but gives Corino(LL Cool TT) absolutely no respite, as he picks him up, almost lifeless, and lifts him up to the top rope – Benoit(Grandprix) goes to the apron, and climbs the turnbuckle… he’s put Corino(LL Cool TT) in position for a- piledriver?! No, just don’t do it, Chris! He lifts him up… no, POWERBOMB! POWERBOMB! POWERBOMB FROM THE TOP ROPE! Cleverly, Benoit(Grandprix) didn’t land in the sitout position, which would have damaged the tailbone, he landed on his feet and knees, and so quickly goes for the cover:

2! Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) gets the first victory in the Blue Hell Series, allowing him to progress on to face Chris Jericho(Figo), in the unique ‘Moonsault Match’. I’ve checked this one out already, Jericho(Figo) has fixed it so that the only type of moonsault that counts is a top-rope moonsault. The Lionsault won’t get the victory, nor will a second-rope moonsault, or a standing moonsault, RVD(AJ)-style.

As Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and goes to the corner to rest briefly, Jericho(Figo) has some final words with RVD(AJ), no doubt planning some form of scheme to cost Benoit(Grandprix) the victory he needs to face RVD(AJ). Jericho(Figo) gets up, congratulates Corino(LL Cool TT) on his attempts, and slides into the ring.

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match has officially begun, but Jericho(Figo) is staying away from Benoit(Grandprix), allowing the Edmonton native to catch his breath – sportsmanship from Jericho(Figo)? Why do I get the feeling this is all to do with some plan of his? Oh well, the important thing is that now, with Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) out of the corner, this match can begin in earnest – Benoit(Grandprix) and Jericho(Figo) tie-up in the middle of the ring; Jericho(Figo) goes under and puts Benoit(Grandprix) in a hammerlock; Benoit(Grandprix) goes under, putting Jericho(Figo) in a hammerlock of his own; Jericho(Figo) looks to grasp Benoit(Grandprix)’s leg… Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t give it to him, instead keeping Jericho(Figo)’s right arm in that hammerlock; Jericho(Figo) tires of this and reverses into his own hammerlock for Benoit(Grandprix), and then turns that into a headlock, nice and tight… Benoit(Grandprix) moves his weight back, forcing him and Jericho(Figo) into the ropes – he shoots Jericho(Figo) off, but Jericho(Figo) hangs onto Benoit(Grandprix)’s head, refusing to let go. Jericho(Figo) now rolls out of the headlock into a waistlock, before tripping Benoit(Grandprix) onto his front, spinning on Benoit(Grandprix)’s back and locking in a front facelock… Benoit(Grandprix) rolls out of it into one of his own; Jericho(Figo) does the same; Benoit(Grandprix) repeats it once more; Jericho(Figo) tries it but Benoit(Grandprix) predicts this, rolling around t the same time and placing Jericho(Figo) in another facelock. Jericho(Figo) forces the pair of them onto their feet, with Benoit(Grandprix) still grasping Jericho(Figo)’s head in the facelock; Jericho(Figo) gets hold of Benoit(Grandprix)’s arm, the one with which he’s administering the facelock, and turns it into a hammerlock on Benoit(Grandprix); Benoit(Grandprix) grabs at Jericho(Figo)’s head, leaps up, and hits a snapmare on Jericho(Figo); Jericho(Figo) gets up, hits Benoit(Grandprix) with a shoulder charge, bounces off the ropes, as Benoit(Grandprix) gets down on his front; Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, and meets Jericho(Figo) with a hip-toss; Jericho(Figo) responds in kind; Benoit(Grandprix) gets up and throws Jericho(Figo) down with an arm-drag; Jericho(Figo) uses a Japanese armdrag; Benoit(Grandprix) gets up again and tries a clothesline, but Jericho(Figo) ducks; Jericho(Figo) tries a spinning heel kick, but the leg gets caught by Benoit(Grandprix), who trips Jericho(Figo) over, but Jericho(Figo) pushes Benoit(Grandprix) away – Jericho(Figo) kips up, ducks another Benoit(Grandprix) clothesline attempt, puts Benoit(Grandprix) in the headlock once again, but Benoit(Grandprix) pushes Jericho(Figo) into the ropes; Jericho(Figo) bounces off, but Benoit(Grandprix) meets him with a waistlock; goes behind on Jericho(Figo), and hits a German Suplex! But he hangs on, lifts Jericho(Figo) back up, and hits another! STILL he hangs on, though, gearing up for another- no, Jericho(Figo) switches and goes behind Benoit(Grandprix), AND HITS A HUGE RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX! Benoit(Grandprix) landed on his head and rolled back, but he’s already standing up! It’s as though he didn’t feel it!

Jericho(Figo) is shocked, but has no time to comprehend the amazing show of impact-absorption from Benoit(Grandprix), as the Canadian Crippler charges, and hits Jericho(Figo) with an almighty clothesline! Jericho(Figo) is down, but Benoit(Grandprix) drags him up, and whips him into the corner – Benoit(Grandprix) charges up, and rams his shoulder right into Jericho(Figo)’s stomach! And now, with Jericho(Figo) in such a vulnerable position, Benoit(Grandprix) hoists Jericho(Figo) up to the top rope, steps onto the second, and hooks Jericho(Figo) for a superplex… but Jericho(Figo) doesn’t like the looks of this, so he punches Benoit(Grandprix) a few times in the face, shoves Benoit(Grandprix) off the turnbuckle, and seems to be preparing for the moonsault, to wrap up this match! He’s turned around on the turnbuckle… but Benoit(Grandprix)’s already got back up – evidently the push wasn’t strong enough, as now Benoit(Grandprix) has taken hold of Jericho(Figo) in a powerbomb position; he runs with Jericho(Figo) on his shoulders, BUT JERICHO(FIGO) REVERSES INTO A GREAT HURRICANRANA! Benoit(Grandprix)’s momentum from running meant that he was carried back onto his feet, but into the corner, allowing Jericho(Figo) the room to take advantage! Jericho(Figo) lays into Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) with some boots, and now some rights, and now just cuts that out and chokes Benoit(Grandprix) with his bare hands! Finnegan tries to interject, and eventually breaks Jericho(Figo)’s grip on the Wolverine’s throat – Jericho(Figo) stands off, briefly… but dropkicks the fallen Benoit(Grandprix) right in the face! Nowhere to go for Benoit(Grandprix)!

Jericho(Figo) grabs Benoit(Grandprix), and whips him into the opposite corner – he then runs towards Benoit(Grandprix), but gets hit by a Benoit(Grandprix) left boot, stunning him temporarily, and Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t let the opening go amiss, as he slams his forearm into the back of Jericho(Figo)’s head! Jericho(Figo) can only go down, and Benoit(Grandprix) starts to stamp viciously on his head and back – so much so, that Jericho(Figo) has to roll out of the ring for salvation! Benoit(Grandprix) allows Jericho(Figo) to drop to the concrete, waits for him to start getting to his feet, but runs back towards the ropes, bounces off, AND GOES FOR THE SUICIDE DIVE! BUT MISSES! Jericho(Figo) saw him coming and just about got out of the way, leaving Benoit(Grandprix) to land in the steel of the guard rail! Benoit(Grandprix) must be in monumental pain! Jericho(Figo) grabs Benoit(Grandprix)’s legs, pulls them apart – LOW BLOW WITH THE BOOT! But wait- he does it again! And again! And again! Four straight low blows are met with polite clapping from the bWo members, Corino(LL Cool TT) and Van Dam(AJ), and grimacing from the Crippler! Jericho(Figo) picks up Benoit(Grandprix), and whips him into the guard rail! Jericho(Figo) doesn’t let up, though, as he runs at Benoit(Grandprix)- but Benoit(Grandprix) throws the Highlight of the Night over the guard rail, into the empty chairs! Benoit(Grandprix) climbs slowly over the guard rail, obviously not wanting to cause more harm to the Benoit(Grandprix) Family Jewels, and picks up a chair – and just throws it on Jericho(Figo)’s face! Benoit(Grandprix) picks Jericho(Figo) up, hooks him in a standing suplex position, lifts him up – and brings his back down on a chair! As Finnegan and the bWo members protest, Jericho(Figo) screams in agony – Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t care, though, and throws Jericho(Figo) back over the guard rail. Benoit(Grandprix) follows his fellow Canadian, and soon picks him back up – he gets him in a position for a powerbomb or a piledriver… YES, A POWERBOMB ON THE CONCRETE! But even then, Benoit(Grandprix) allows Jericho(Figo) no time at all to recover from that nasty move, and throws him back in the ring!

Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) follows his namesake, Chris Jericho(Figo), into the ring, well aware that he should have done enough to win this match against Jericho(Figo), all he has to do now is hit the moonsault to finally face his nemesis, Rob Van Dam(AJ). Benoit(Grandprix) drags Jericho(Figo) over to a corner, and quickly hits a tremendous snap suplex! Benoit(Grandprix) then steps up the ropes, gets to the top rope… he jumps- AND MISSES! Jericho(Figo) rolled slowly out of the way, but managed to avoid the flipping Benoit(Grandprix)! Jericho(Figo) doesn’t manage to get up, though, leaving both men feeling the effects of Benoit(Grandprix)’s offence… the bWo members try to spur Jericho(Figo) on, but to no avail, he’s not moving!

Benoit(Grandprix) finally starts to try to get to his feet, and Jericho(Figo) likewise, so they get up at the same time, but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who manages to take hold of the situation by getting the kick to Jericho(Figo)’s gut, goes for another, but Jericho(Figo) catches the leg, and clotheslines Benoit(Grandprix) down to the mat! And now, Jericho(Figo) looks for the Walls of Jericho(Figo)! He’s trying to turn Benoit(Grandprix) over, but Benoit(Grandprix) resists – Jericho(Figo) tries to turn Benoit(Grandprix) the other way, but gain Benoit(Grandprix) resists… but it’s not enough, because Jericho(Figo) has finally locked in the Walls! Benoit(Grandprix) is clearly in a Hell of a lot of pain, but he can’t lose this match by tapping out! Even so, he refuses to tap! Jericho(Figo) has well and truly locked it in, allowing Benoit(Grandprix) no escape- WOAH! Benoit(Grandprix), in an unholy show of leg strength, actually flipped Jericho(Figo) over without the use of his upper-body! Fantastic! But the momentum is still with Jericho(Figo), though, as he gets Benoit(Grandprix) back up, puts his Canadian opponent in the double underhook, lifts him up, AND SLAMS HIM WITH THE TIGER BACKBREAKER! Lovely move from the cowardly bWo member that is Chris Jericho(Figo), who doesn’t relent in his attacks, by putting Benoit(Grandprix) back on his feet, but also booting him again in the torso, and getting him in the piledriver position… Jericho(Figo) lifts him up, and hits a powerbomb! But Jericho(Figo) doesn’t let go! He hoists Benoit(Grandprix) back into the air – THE DOUBLE POWERBOMB BY JERICHO(FIGO)! We haven’t seen that move for a long time! Jericho(Figo) is now firmly in control of this moonsault match, and he knows it! The bWo powers at ringside applaud their representative, as Jericho(Figo) bounces off the ropes and drops a quick elbow on Benoit(Grandprix)! Jericho(Figo) gets back up, goes back over to the ropes, and drops a second elbow! Jericho(Figo) goes back to the ropes again, but leaps over Benoit(Grandprix), onto the rope – LIONSAULT- ONTO BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S KNEES! Benoit(Grandprix) got the knees up, and Jericho(Figo) landed right on them!

Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up to a vertical base, firmly in the knowledge that he is now in control of this match, and goes over to pick up Jericho(Figo) – Jericho(Figo) is slow to get back up, but does, and Benoit(Grandprix) whips him into the ropes; Jericho(Figo) returns, but Benoit(Grandprix) shoots him high into the sky… and HITS JERICHO(FIGO) WITH A GUTBUSTER! Painful move for Jericho(Figo) to endure, there, but Benoit(Grandprix) brings the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah back up to his feet almost immediately, and puts him in position for a piledriver… yes, he drops Jericho(Figo) with a stiff-looking piledriver, compressing the vertebrae! Benoit(Grandprix) pulls the fallen Jericho(Figo) over to near a turnbuckle, and starts to climb the ropes! He could be looking for the moonsault… he goes for it, BUT MISSES AGAIN! Jericho(Figo) again rolled his way out of losing this match, and somehow, probably using the pain in his neck to push him on, he gets to his feet, re-positions Benoit(Grandprix), and climbs the turnbuckle for himself! I’m afraid, after that missed moonsault, we could be seeing the end of Benoit(Grandprix)’s title challenge in front of our very eyes! That is a terrible shame, as Jericho(Figo) leaps – BUT HE MISSES! JERICHO(FIGO) MISSED, AND LANDED ON HIS HEAD! JESUS CHRIST! Benoit(Grandprix) didn’t move, he was out, but Jericho(Figo) totally over-judged the distance between himself and Benoit(Grandprix), jumped too far backwards, realised his mistake in mid-air, looked to see where Benoit(Grandprix) was, and the first part of his body to hit the mat was his forehead, completely jerking the neck! Jericho(Figo)’s neck would well be gone after that botched spot! The challenger for the title has been gifted another chance! Benoit(Grandprix) notices what Jericho(Figo) has done, though, moves gingerly over to the bWo member, AND PUTS HIM IN THE CROSSFACE! He’s pulling hard on Jericho(Figo)’s severely weakened neck, there’s nothing Jericho(Figo) can do, he looks as though he’s out cold! I think Benoit(Grandprix) has noticed Jericho(Figo)’s unconsciousness, so he releases Jericho(Figo) from the painful hold, readjusts the Winnipeg resident, and returns to the top of the turnbuckle… we’re all anxious in SRW Towers, can Benoit(Grandprix) hit it – he leaps, AND CONNECTS WITH THE MOONSAULT! It’s over, Benoit(Grandprix) has won this match! The game is up for RVD(AJ), he must now put the SRW Heavyweight Championship of the world on the line, against Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), in the Proof of the Pride match!

Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) has exceeded all expectations, folks, he’s made it not only past Steve Corino(LL Cool TT), but he’s also beaten Chris Jericho(Figo) to progress to the final match of the Blue Hell Series, a Proof of the Pride match against the SRW Champion, Rob Van Dam(AJ), whereby a wrestler must secure two straight pinfalls against his opponent to win the match! In the case of a disqualification, the wrestler breaking the rules will have their pinfall stripped of them, so that it is a clean slate if they have a pinfall to their name, or they will be put back to ‘-1 falls’, so that they will have to earn a fall just to be put back on level terms, after which if they lose a fall, they will only need the obligatory two falls… if you don’t quite understand the ins and outs, ladies and gentlemen, don’t worry, you’ll pick it up as we go along.

Down to business, back at the ECW Arena, as RVD(AJ) enters the ring against the tiring yet adrenalin-pumping Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix), in this final match of the Blue Hell Series!

*DING! DING! DING!*

The match is official, it has started, and neither man wants to waste any time, as they both approach each other- but Benoit(Grandprix) leaps down and past RVD(AJ), rolling him up into a school boy! Cover:

Kick out by RVD(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up, as does RVD(AJ), who looks angered after that roll-up, as both men lock up in a collar and elbow tie-up – like two huge forces, they’re pushing against each other, neither able to make the other move back, but RVD(AJ) is able to force Benoit(Grandprix) to lose his footing as Benoit(Grandprix) is tiring already, and both men are testing their strength against the other. This ends with RVD(AJ) forcing Benoit(Grandprix) into the corner – Finnegan tries to separate the two… a clean break by Van Dam(AJ)? Yes, Van Dam(AJ) breaks cleanly from Benoit(Grandprix), which is heartening in some measure, I suppose. Both men circle each other again… really, Benoit(Grandprix) does not want to get into an amateur wrestling contest against Van Dam(AJ), because he is fatiguing quickly, and needs two quick pinfalls. I think RVD(AJ) is going to try and prolong this match for as long as possible, to take as much energy out of Benoit(Grandprix) as possible, before getting the win. Which tactic will work? I couldn’t say, but what I can say is that RVD(AJ) has put Benoit(Grandprix) in a hammerlock – reversal by Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) releases the hammerlock quickly, takes RVD(AJ)’s arm over his head, lifts RVD(AJ) – BIG-TIME BELLY-TO-BACK SUPLEX! Van Dam(AJ) was brought down on the back of his head and neck, good idea from Benoit(Grandprix). Benoit(Grandprix) can afford to waste no time, and he knows this, as he immediately covers Van Dam(AJ) in a lateral press:

2- Kick out by Van Dam(AJ) just at the two – Benoit(Grandprix) was never going to get the pin after just one suplex, especially without hooking the leg. Nevertheless, a promising start for Benoit(Grandprix), but he walks into a surprise spinning heel kick by Van Dam(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) is down, but is he out? Cover, no hook of the leg:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix)! RVD(AJ) gets to his feet very promptly, comes off the ropes, rolls – ROLLING THUNDER- MISSED! Benoit(Grandprix) rolled out of the way, and Van Dam(AJ)’s back bounced off the canvas! Benoit(Grandprix) gets up, clearly approaching the point of exhaustion, and kicks viciously at Van Dam(AJ) as the SRW Champion gets to his feet – kick to the gut by Benoit(Grandprix), and a snap suplex! Benoit(Grandprix) pushes Van Dam(AJ) into a sitting position, though, gets up and hits a clean dropkick to the back of Van Dam(AJ)’s head! But he gets Van Dam(AJ) back in that sitting position, flips over Van am, and pulls the neck as he goes through! Fantastic reverse neckbreaker by Benoit(Grandprix), but will that be all? He hooks the leg:

Kick out by RVD(AJ)! A great flurry of offence by Benoit(Grandprix), but how much did that take out of him? It certainly hurt Van Dam(AJ), who is nursing his neck as he gets back to his feet, but this doesn’t stop RVD(AJ) from taking some pretty much unblocked shots to Benoit(Grandprix) – right feet, left feet, forearms, all making their contribution to pushing Benoit(Grandprix) back into a corner – RVD(AJ) whips Benoit(Grandprix) into the opposite corner, follows up; forward rolls to Benoit(Grandprix), jumps on him, looking for the monkey flip – he gets it! Benoit(Grandprix) landed right on his tailbone, and that had to have caused a Hell-load of pain! Van Dam(AJ) stays on his game-plan, though, as he takes Benoit(Grandprix) up by the head, hooks him up for the suplex, lifts him up…. DELAYED vertical suplex… good God, how long has Benoit(Grandprix) been up there? He’ll technically own that air-space if he’s up there much longer… VERTICAL SUPLEX ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Van Dam(AJ) effectively dropped Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) on his back with that move, but doesn’t go for the cover, he brings Benoit(Grandprix) back up, and lifts him into the air with a scandalous show of strength by Van Dam(AJ) – he’s bench-pressing Benoit(Grandprix)! Van Dam(AJ) drops Benoit(Grandprix) behind him, AND GOES FOR THE MOONSAULT- but Benoit(Grandprix) had turned on his landing, and tries to put RVD(AJ) in the Crippler Crossface as he landed from the backflip! RVD(AJ) is trying desperately to get out of this, and manages to roll to his side, over Benoit(Grandprix), and escape; gets back to his feet – SOMERSAULT SENTON! Out of nowhere, Van Dam(AJ) used his amazing agility to swing the control of this match right back in his favour! He goes for the cover:

Kick out by Benoit(Grandprix) after 2, though, which Van Dam(AJ) is not happy about! Finnegan gets berated by Van Dam(AJ), while Benoit(Grandprix) takes the opportunity to get up, catch his breath, AND ROLL RVD(AJ) UP IN THE SCHOOL BOY! Cover:

KICK OUT BY VAN DAM(AJ) AT 2 AND FORTY-FIVE FORTY-SIXTHS! Van Dam(AJ) just managed to escape being pinned, there, Benoit(Grandprix) was SO close! RVD(AJ) is quickly back up to his feet, though, and beating on Benoit(Grandprix)! He’s smashing Benoit(Grandprix) with all sorts of rights and lefts and kicks and punches, it’s an all-out assault on Chris Benoit(Grandprix)(Grandprix) by the champ! Van Dam(AJ) now brings Benoit(Grandprix) back up, almost throws him over to the corner with the Irish Whip, and follows with an almighty thrust kick to Benoit(Grandprix)’s chin! With Benoit(Grandprix) now stunned in the corner, Van Dam(AJ) lifts his Canadian opponent onto his shoulders – a Samoan Drop, anyone? But no, Van Dam(AJ) starts to run with Benoit(Grandprix) on his shoulders – FLIPPING SAMOAN DROP! But the assault isn’t over, as Van Dam(AJ)’s momentum carries him onto the second rope, and RVD(AJ) HITS THE MOONSAULT ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Cover:

KICK OUT BY THE CRIPPLER! Benoit(Grandprix) only just managed to fight out of that impressive staple offence from Van Dam(AJ), but I could be right in thinking that the end is near for Benoit(Grandprix), because is really is fighting now, there must be lactic acid in every square inch of his muscles, his lungs have been put under so much pressure, there can’t be much left at all for Benoit(Grandprix), surely! And as he slowly gets to his feet, Van Dam(AJ) smiles, knowing that his task could well be at an end by this point – with the bWo cheering Van Dam(AJ) and jeering Benoit(Grandprix), the Wolverine gets to his feet, with help from the ropes of course, starts to stumble towards Van Dam(AJ)… but- oh no, please don’t say it has to end like this! Benoit(Grandprix) seems to be trying to focus his vision, but is losing his balance – he’s fallen! He’s fallen! Van Dam(AJ) immediately takes advantage, he goes for the lateral press on Benoit(Grandprix) – no, don’t let this be over, Chris! Cover:

WAIT- BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) ROLLS VAN DAM(AJ) UP!

3! Benoit(Grandprix) gets the pin! Benoit(Grandprix) has got the pin out of RVD(AJ)! Benoit(Grandprix) takes the advantage in this match, as he kips up! He wasn’t passing out at all! He baited Van Dam(AJ) into that, and now is only (well, I say ‘only’) one pin away from capturing the gold! RVD(AJ) is incensed, and the bWo are voicing their opinions loudly! There are all sorts of words that I can’t repeat on TV being thrown at Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) doesn’t seem to notice them, as he waits for Van Dam(AJ) to get back into this match.

They both try to lock up again, but Benoit(Grandprix) goes behind Van Dam(AJ), no doubt looking for the rolling Germans, but Van Dam(AJ) switches, AND HITS A VERY CLEAN GERMAN SUPLEX! He bridges as well!

KICK OUT IN THE NICK OF TIME BY BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! There was almost no time left for Benoit(Grandprix) to kick out, there, but he just managed it, and Van Dam(AJ) is once again bellowing at Finnegan! I’m sorry, Rob, but that count was totally fair! RVD(AJ) is letting his emotions to get the better of him, which is exactly what he doesn’t need in this feud-breaker title match with Benoit(Grandprix)! Benoit(Grandprix) is back to his feet and recovering as much as he can, while Van Dam(AJ) continues to shout at Finnegan! Benoit(Grandprix) is now quietly approaching RVD(AJ), with the bWo screaming out to Van Dam(AJ), but Benoit(Grandprix) goes for the kill- SUPERKICK BY VAN DAM(AJ)! As Benoit(Grandprix) made the move, Van Dam(AJ) smacked him in the chin with the boot! Benoit(Grandprix) goes down like the proverbial ton of bricks, Van Dam(AJ) covers, and hooks the leg:

3! Van Dam(AJ) now takes control of this match following some very smart thinking, catching Benoit(Grandprix) totally unawares! If Van Dam(AJ) can stay on his game, then the title could well be heading back to the bWo tonight! Benoit(Grandprix) is slowly crawling over to the ropes, as Van Dam(AJ) celebrates with his bWo buddies! Benoit(Grandprix) is trying to get up, but it’s not easy after you’ve been kicked in the jaw! Benoit(Grandprix), as you can see, is trying to shake off the effects of the superkick, but it’s not that easy! Van Dam(AJ) doesn’t give Benoit(Grandprix) the time to get back up, though, he charges at Benoit(Grandprix), but Benoit(Grandprix) lifts him up and over the ropes- but Van Dam(AJ) lands on the apron, swings his leg in a roundhouse kick attempt, Benoit(Grandprix) caught the leg, though, and dropped it down on the ropes! Van Dam(AJ) is down on the apron, but Benoit(Grandprix) pulls him back to his feet, locks the arms around Van Dam(AJ)’s chest – RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX OVER THE ROPES BY BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Van Dam(AJ) bounced off his skull! As quickly as that, Benoit(Grandprix) could be back in the driving seat of the car that is this title match!

Benoit(Grandprix) gets back up as quickly as he can, which is not amazingly fast, admittedly, but grasps Van Dam(AJ)’s legs, grapevines them, and is looking for a Sharpshooter on Van Dam(AJ)! He goes for it, but doesn’t seem to have the energy to fully turn Van Dam(AJ) over- RVD(AJ) gets a thumb to Benoit(Grandprix)’s eyes! Van Dam(AJ) pushes Benoit(Grandprix) away, and the Canadian Crippler, still getting jeered by the bWo but cheered back here at SRW Towers, falls half-way out of the ring, he’s now just leaning on the second rope, his upper-body out of the ring, his legs in, and Van Dam(AJ) takes advantage of the chance – jumps off the second rope, over the top, AND HITS A HUGE LEG DROP ON BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)! Benoit(Grandprix) falls to the concrete, as does Van Dam(AJ), but Van Dam(AJ) quickly pushes Benoit(Grandprix) back into the ring – wait, what’s all this? The bWo are screaming their heads off about something or other, and now have Finnegan’s full attention, giving RVD(AJ) the chance to look underneath the ring for something or other – he’s grabbed a steel chair, and is heading into the ring with it! As Benoit(Grandprix) slowly climbs back to the vertical base, Van Dam(AJ) lies in wait, clutching at that steel chair, with Finnegan paying no attention whatsoever to the actions in the ring! Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, Benoit(Grandprix)’s up, but as soon as he gets up, RVD(AJ) throws the chair at him – VAN DAM(AJ)INATOR! Damn it! Damn it! But wait- Finnegan saw it! The ref turned round just as Van Dam(AJ)’s heel connected with the chair, and Benoit(Grandprix)’s head! What timing! And now Van Dam(AJ) is disqualified! He’s had his fall stripped of him, we’re back to 0-0!

But when you think about it, taking a Van Dam(AJ)inator is no easy task to recover from, meaning Benoit(Grandprix) has one Hell of a job to do against Van Dam(AJ) for the remainder of this match! Van Dam(AJ), knowing this, quickly goes for the cover – is that legal?

3! No! Van Dam(AJ) has already put himself back in control of this match with the sneakiest of all the tactics! Benoit(Grandprix) is back where he was, but is one Van Dam(AJ)inator worse off! RVD(AJ) needs only to pin Benoit(Grandprix)’s shoulders to the mat for one more count of three, and we have a winner of this match!

RVD(AJ) is now told to get back to a corner while Benoit(Grandprix) gets up to his feet, which is a very slow process indeed! Benoit(Grandprix) must be absolutely shattered, his body surely must just start to fail after this much high-impact wrestling! At last, he’s back up, but Van Dam(AJ) is unwilling to give him much more time to recover, as he charges towards the corner – Benoit(Grandprix) dodges out of the way just in time, leaving Van Dam(AJ) crunching into the turnbuckle! Benoit(Grandprix) grabs Van Dam(AJ), spins him around, and HITS A NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX!

NO DICE! KICK OUT BY VAN DAM(AJ)! Van Dam(AJ) gets back to his feet quickly, Benoit(Grandprix)’s still on his knees, and Van Dam(AJ) rolls Benoit(Grandprix) up in an Oklahoma Roll!

SO CLOSE, AND YET SO FAR FOR THE CHAMP! Benoit(Grandprix) kicked out! Both men now get up to their feet again, as Van Dam(AJ) charges once more at Benoit(Grandprix) – but Benoit(Grandprix) gets the drop-toe hold on Van Dam(AJ), and locks in the Crippler Crossface on the stunned champion! This could be over for Van Dam(AJ) – all Benoit(Grandprix) has to do is to leave the bWo leader in the Crossface for enough time, then get the two quick pins, and he’ll have the title! But Van Dam(AJ) seems to have the Crossface scouted, as he slowly powers Benoit(Grandprix) over – he rolls Benoit(Grandprix) over, onto his shoulders! Here’s the title-deciding count!

BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) ESCAPED! He’s still safe, after that devastatingly intelligent reversal to the Crippler Crossface by Rob Van Dam(AJ)! What can Benoit(Grandprix) have left to throw at Van Dam(AJ) – his main move has been turned against him by the champ! Benoit(Grandprix) charges at Van Dam(AJ) with the clothesline, but RVD(AJ) ducks; both men run off the ropes, AND RVD(AJ) CLATTERS INTO BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) WITH A SPINNING HEEL KICK! It wasn’t the cleanest of spinning heel kicks from Van Dam(AJ), but in this match it’s more than enough! He’s hooks Benoit(Grandprix)’s leg:

AGAIN, BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) SAVES HIMSELF! I can’t explain how he’s doing this, kids, but he is! He’s taking whatever Van Dam(AJ) is throwing at him, and is managing to escape from the jaws of defeat each time! But as Van Dam(AJ) and Benoit(Grandprix) both return to their feet, RVD(AJ) runs at Benoit(Grandprix), misses a clothesline attempt, Benoit(Grandprix) capitalizes by hoisting the champion onto his shoulders – WHAM! DEATH VALLEY DRIVER?! And he holds on to Van Dam(AJ)’s leg, he’s got the pin:

3! Benoit(Grandprix)’s right back in this! He’s crunched Van Dam(AJ)’s head with that move, and the title is within his grasp again! But can he take it? As he crawls back to a corner to recover what little he can, Van Dam(AJ) is helped to the ropes by the referee…

After a short time, both men are back to their feet, moving cautiously and slowly, but it’s Benoit(Grandprix) who once again takes the initiative by kicking Van Dam(AJ) in the midsection, hooking him up – SNAP SUPLEX! But he holds on, though, he brings Van Dam(AJ), back to his feet in the suplex position, but now switches behind – GERMAN SUPLEX! But again, Benoit(Grandprix) is holding on! He keeps those hands locked around Van Dam(AJ)’s waist, drags him near to a corner, and sweeps Van Dam(AJ) off his feet, leans backwards – WHEELBARROW SUPLEX! Van Dam(AJ) has been laid out near a turnbuckle, the bWo don’t like it, but the crowd at SRW Towers as gone wild! They’ve realised what this means – with Benoit(Grandprix) holding the advantage, and going up for what surely must be the Diving Headbutt, we could have a new champion! Benoit(Grandprix)’s up to the tope rope, it’s all in his hands, now! The bWo are furious, and are having to be held back by the bodyguards, as Benoit(Grandprix) leaps – WHAT THE?! WHAM! BUT HE MISSED WITH THE DIVE! What the Hell was that?! Benoit(Grandprix) front-flipped in mid-air, looked like a 450 splash, but seemed to be trying to land the headbutt, but Van Dam(AJ) moved out of the way, and Benoit(Grandprix)’s head smacked straight on the canvas! He must be out like a light from that impact! The crowd at SRW Towers are in shock, they can’t believe it, but the bWo are celebrating, knowing that this one surely be must Van Dam(AJ)’s now! Van Dam(AJ) crawls over, and covers Benoit(Grandprix):

3! Van Dam(AJ) is back in control, Benoit(Grandprix) just can’t be alive now! His nose has been smashed, there’s blood pouring from both there and his mouth, and now Van Dam(AJ) has to take advantage of this! He is still on his knees, but re-positions Benoit(Grandprix), this must be the Five-Star Frog Splash that he’s looking for here! Van Dam(AJ) gets up, leaps to the top rope in one fell swoop, but has his back to Benoit(Grandprix)? He jumps – MOONSAULTING FIVE-STAR FROG SPLASH- BUT HE MISSES AS WELL! Van Dam(AJ) went for it all with a move I’ve never ever seen before, a frog splash mixed with a moonsault, but that could have cost him his title! I can’t fathom why both men have used such new and risky manoeuvres to win this match, but the short and the tall of it is that neither man seems to be moving – but Benoit(Grandprix) has draped an arm over Van Dam(AJ)! There’s the count by Finnegan:

3! Yes! Benoit(Grandprix)’s back in the match, but how much can he do after taking that huge bump to his face? I don’t know if he’s got enough to win this match anymore! But he’s still moving! Somehow, some way, Benoit(Grandprix) is moving himself, he’s moving what must feel like a mountain at this point, and he’s going back up! No, Benoit(Grandprix), don’t risk it all again! The crowd here at SRW Towers is in shock and suspense, they want to see a new champion, but don’t want Benoit(Grandprix) to risk this all over again… he’s clambered up to the top of the turnbuckle… Van Dam(AJ) isn’t moving… Benoit(Grandprix) jumps – BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) CONNECTS! BENOIT(GRANDPRIX) CONNECTS! His head smasked right into RVD(AJ)’s left shoulder – but can he make the cover? He throws himself onto Van Dam(AJ)! Finnegan makes the count:

3! YES! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION! OH MY GOD, BENOIT(GRANDPRIX)’S DONE IT! HE’S BEATEN THE ODDS, THE PREDICTIONS AND THE bWo TO FINALLY GET THE TITLE AWAY FROM VAN DAM(AJ)! He’s done it, after all these months, he’s done it! He’s won the big one, and SRW Towers has gone ballistic! The crowd have gone wild, not a single bWo fan in this arena, they love it, and so do I! The bWo can’t believe it, Van Dam(AJ) is out, and Benoit(Grandprix) has been given the belt! At last, at long, long last, BENOIT IS OUR CHAMPION!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.