GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WTF - Man Utd 1 Fulham 3?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Fulham are outpalying United at OT

United giving the ball away and are being very clumsy.

Fergie has changed the team and it hasn't worked at all.

Can fookin beleive how poor United are playing.

5 mins to go....
Tue 28/10/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Solskjær wrote:
> I'd still like to see Fergie try playing Ronaldo behind van Nistelrooy
> in the "Scholes-role", if he isn't gonna buy another
> striker anytime soon.

I agree with that, I for one, would like to see Scholes drop back alongside Keano - that's where he is most effective for many years and they know each other's game so well.

Fergie has yet to try Ronnie in behind Ruud and I think his trickery and vision would give defender's hell and even more significant it would give Ruud some room to breathe!

Giggs would then drop back to his favoured Left wing and Ole or Fletcher would secure the right wing.
Tue 28/10/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd still like to see Fergie try playing Ronaldo behind van Nistelrooy in the "Scholes-role", if he isn't gonna buy another striker anytime soon.

He's done alright out-wide, but with the kind of footwork, pace and trickery he posseses, I can't help but think he could really be at-his-best in the centre of the pitch; with more freedom than he gets being "restricted" to the right-wing.

There is only so-much one-man can do down the touchline...
And Cristiano Ronaldo, at only 18, looks like a young-man who will have a LOT to offer us in the years to come; given the time and space.

I'm still concerned what could happen if we lose van Nistelrooy to injury though... Without him, it could all be over! We still rely too-heavily on his goals to get us everywhere, as, almost, the "one-man strikeforce".
If he has a sudden reccurance of that career-threatening knee-injury, that could be it...!

We've been linked with January swoops for players like Adriano and Patrick Kluivert (again!), but, just like last season, I don't see Fergie doing any spending until at least the Summer. :(

I suppose Ole Solskjaer could do a half-decent job for a while, but he's currently injured, and has proved a real 'asset' for playing out-wide, also. And, he's the "Super-Sub" - no a natural starter.
Then there's Diego Forlan... A talented young-man with a lot of confidence, but who very rarely actually hits-the-target, and will often opt to go-solo rather than provide for a man in better space.

His goal at the weekend was brilliant. But, aside from that, everything else he did was more-or-less wasted as he opted for glory over the good od the team. He's still learning. He couldn't lead the attack like van Nistelrooy.
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Fletcher could well fill that role in the next few years, but now is where the problem lies.
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Der Nazi wrote:
> van Nistelrooy hardly got any chances all game.

Yep I agree, but unfortunatly he was man marked by 2 of the Fulham defenders, he really needs a partner upfront who can run into spaces if Ruud is marked tightly.

Giggs and Ronaldo did try but their srvice to Ruud was being cut out and that's why I said we need an adequate replacement for Beckham - someone who can deliver and create chances.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Der Nazi - Fulham deserved to win, they played us off the park.

Yes, maybe, but Ronaldo and Giggs threatened for the whole game, and van Nistelrooy hardly got any chances all game.
Mon 27/10/03 at 12:11
Regular
Yes i know that.. and ill take it but henry's freekick equaliser deserved to be a winner!
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Der Nazi - Fulham deserved to win, they played us off the park.

Snipe® - The Penalty was a dive by Matt Holland but as your manager says "these kind of decisions even themselves out in a season" (Speaking after the penalty Arsenal got when Pires Dived)
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
MMMMWHAHAhAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

oh yes.
Sun 26/10/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was there. Corporate hospitality and all that, being the lucky sod I am.

But, even though I'm a Man United fan, I'll say it was a good game . The only reason United lost was that there was no Roy Keane to control the midfield, and the weather was crap. It rained for about 4 hours on and off before the match, and eventually Ronaldo, Giggs and Djemba Djemba were falling over every time they tried to dribble; they weren't used to the hopeless playing surface. Fulham are used to the godshite pitch at Loftus Road, so they had an advantage. Plus you get a bit cocky afer 33 home games without defeat.

And two Fulham goals were flukes.
Sun 26/10/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Bob wrote:
> I would take the proverbial out of Man here and say how much were
> gonna woop them completley this year but then we'll only go and lose
> to charlton tomorrow.
Looks like you jinxed them from winning.

=D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.