GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"world series"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/03 at 21:26
Regular
"skinny"
yankees-2
marlins-3

the marlins have an advantage on the yankees on the count that they won yesterdays game which i remind you that the score was marlins-6 yankees-4

the game was almost over and in the 9th inning the yankees made 2 runs but it wasent enough tehy lost

which team do you want to win the world series

i go with marlins the yankees have won to many world series championships

well thats one mens opinion how about yours?

spike420
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:10
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> A few proper world championships-
Stanley Cup
Super Bowl
NBA Championship
World Series
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
> It's not really a championship for the whole world, just for several
> million overweight Americans with nothing better to do than watch TV
> and eat large quantities of snackfoods.
>
> So unbelievably incorrect I don't even know where to start. Just
> read my previous explanation while slapping yourself in the face
> chanting; "I will not give opinions on subjects until I know
> about them".

You don't seriously expect people to actually research into something before making ignorant comments around here do you? These are the same people who think there's no tackling in gridiron and just because they wear pads the hits don't hurt like crazy. (Maybe because if they didn't wear pads a football players career would do well to last a year, especially the recievers)
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Der Nazi wrote:
> It's not really a championship for the whole world, just for several
> million overweight Americans with nothing better to do than watch TV
> and eat large quantities of snackfoods.

So unbelievably incorrect I don't even know where to start. Just read my previous explanation while slapping yourself in the face chanting; "I will not give opinions on subjects until I know about them".

As it mostly seems to be the viewing your referring to, I’ll note that anyone who even gave Baseball a cursory glace would have noticed the major reporting during this year’s World Series of Japan coming to a standstill to watch Matsui's awesome form continue into the post season.
Wed 05/11/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's not really a championship for the whole world, just for several million overweight Americans with nothing better to do than watch TV and eat large quantities of snackfoods.

A few proper world championships-
F1
World Superbikes
The World Cup (Football, rugby)
The Olympics

Geddit?
Wed 05/11/03 at 01:42
Regular
Hey I'm american there are some canadian teams too.
Tue 28/10/03 at 05:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*claps* well said Dr Gonzo, perfection in text form.
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:21
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
No... it doesn't. It features two Canadian teams and any of the franchises can move to pretty much anywhere in the world if the demand is there and the logistics are valid - see Montréal playing a handful of games in Puerto Rico to boost their gate. The fact is the teams are best suited in the States as that's where the money is.

It is also by far the most representative of any of the World's baseball leagues in terms of spread of nationalities, maybe about 25% of the players running out for games 7 were American. Baseball is also one of the few sports were there is a recognized "best" league that players worldwide aim to play in - if you play in Japan, any of the South American leagues, or independent leagues you know you'll only be a top player when you play in the MLB. The European leagues are even represented by a whopping four active players.

Ultimately, it's the World's premier baseball event. It IS the World Series.
Mon 27/10/03 at 01:24
Regular
"es argh"
The "World series" only includes American teams.

Bah
Sun 26/10/03 at 04:01
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Was just about to start a thread of the same title. Got a warm, fuzzy, but very tired feeling after watching the conclusion. Just magnificant, like the whole post season has been. Hell, it's been great edge of the seat action with the close wild card races since mid September.

After a 180 game season, tonight's game was still offering more good stuff. Jack McKien going with Becket on three day's rest keeping up the Marlins' typical aggressive stance - inspired. Gonzalez's unbelievable slide around Posada for the first run was, well, unbelievable. We even got a trademark Jeter spining, scissor kick throw to first.

The writing was on the wall from the very first batter of game one - Pierre bunts onto first leaving Wells looking slow and foolish. That's the whole series in one hit. The Yankees are just beginging to wheeze and things are only going to get worse with huge chunks of their pitching staff retiring and an insane GM out for blood.

The only thing that could have made it better? If Eric bloody Byrnes had've been quicker to touch the plate than shove Varatec and Miggy remembered to run all the way home rather than making assumptions in an elimination Game Three of the Divisional Series. Here's to a fith attempt at getting past the divisionals for my beloved A's next year! Though fingers crossed Miggy is still with us to mess up the base running.
Sat 25/10/03 at 05:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i saw game 4 after getting back in from work and it was a heart stopping ending. Shame about the result though as i want the Yankees to win. Hopefully they can pull it around and win but we need to whole team to start performing, not just one or two individuals

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.