GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitars - help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Dear fellow guitarists, I'm currently re-stringing my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's a nice guitar, but it is however, my only guitar! This means that whenever I play live, or even just when practising, and I want to play a song that's in alternate tuning (Drop D, Drop B, Open Chord, Nashville etc.) I have to take ages to re-tune my axe. Therefore I'm looking to buy a new one that I can keep in standard tuning and use my Les Paul for Dropped tunings. The only problem is, I'm not sure if the one I'm looking for exists! At least not without getting one custom built, and on an un-employed 15 year-olds budget I really don't see that happening! What I want is a guitar with: A double locking Floyd Rose trem, a locking nut, neck and bridge humbuckers (Preferably active EMG's) each with their own independant volume controls (Not bothered about tone controls), and a three-way selector switch for my Tom Morello-style selector switching (Bulls on Parade, Bullet in the Head, Know Your Enemy etc.). Something like the ESP Hammett signature series would be perfect, but that's about £1,200!! I'm thinking more around £300- £400ish. Any suggestions at all? Please help!
Thu 23/10/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
£80? Jeez.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:47
Regular
"my first guitar" from Argos. £79.99, you get a booklet too :-D
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Dear fellow guitarists, I'm currently re-stringing my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's a nice guitar, but it is however, my only guitar! This means that whenever I play live, or even just when practising, and I want to play a song that's in alternate tuning (Drop D, Drop B, Open Chord, Nashville etc.) I have to take ages to re-tune my axe. Therefore I'm looking to buy a new one that I can keep in standard tuning and use my Les Paul for Dropped tunings. The only problem is, I'm not sure if the one I'm looking for exists! At least not without getting one custom built, and on an un-employed 15 year-olds budget I really don't see that happening! What I want is a guitar with: A double locking Floyd Rose trem, a locking nut, neck and bridge humbuckers (Preferably active EMG's) each with their own independant volume controls (Not bothered about tone controls), and a three-way selector switch for my Tom Morello-style selector switching (Bulls on Parade, Bullet in the Head, Know Your Enemy etc.). Something like the ESP Hammett signature series would be perfect, but that's about £1,200!! I'm thinking more around £300- £400ish. Any suggestions at all? Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.