GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My outbound mail dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/06/09 at 01:19
Regular
Hi,

All evening when attempting to send mail in Outlook 2007 I have got the following fatal error:

Task 'xxxx - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP'.

I have no idea why this has suddenly coughed. This is also after a reboot. I haven't yet rebooted my router.

Any ideas?

Neil
Wed 01/07/09 at 14:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Doh. Go home for the evening and miss all the resolving. At least I did mention it in my original post

"I am always reluctant to say that Outlook itself could be faulty but I have seen some cases of this error being given when the software is not working. Try an alternate email address or email client if possible. "

:D

Anyway glad to see its sorted.
Wed 01/07/09 at 11:15
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Bit late to this thread I think... but if you have a corrupt Outlook profile, sometimes it's down to the data files where your mail is stored. You can use 2 tools installed with Office to try and 'repair' these:

scanost.exe
scanpst.exe

The first is for scanning OST files (Exchange Offline folders, where mail is kept locally on your machine if you are normally connected to an Exchange server).

The second is for scanning PST files (Outlook Personal Folders) - this is similar, but doesn't involve Exchange, and as such is just a local store of mail.

You can find all of your .pst and .ost files in:

C:/Users//AppData Local/Microsoft/Outlook

and you can find the scanost / pst.exe files in:

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12

if you have Office 2007, and installed it to the default path.

Hope that helps! Had a similar issue myself not so long ago :(
Tue 30/06/09 at 19:15
Regular
I have created a new Outlook profile.

It looked as if my default profile was corrupt.

The emails have now sent (according to my sentbox), but I am awaiting a test email I sent to myself (not received yet).

EDIT: I have now received that mail so all looks well - thanks for your input.

P.S. My probs were with V4 of ESET - I reverted to V3 a long time ago

N.
Tue 30/06/09 at 19:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

> EDIT: I've just had a look at some of your previous posts - I
> see you've had a few problems with ESET. It might be worth
> testing with this inactive in case it's messing you up!
>
> Before you go for a complete reinstall I would also try a System
> Restore to a few days ago if things were working then!

ESET v4 has acknowledged conflicts with Zone Alarm which as of writing hasn't yet been addressed. ESET v4 and v3 also seems to cause error messages with incoming mail only, but these messages usually contain a definate mention of ESET within their body.

I mention this only because I have suffered this problem and have worked with ESET to isolate the problem. A patch for Thunderbird has been added to V4 recently but my copy still played up, as did Windows Mail and Live Mail. Until the conflict with Zone Alarm is solved I have uninstalled ESET and now run AVG 8.5 and have no problems - Vista 64 bit OS - but still p****d off that I have an unused licence for ESET.
Tue 30/06/09 at 17:16
"Are you sure?"
All sounds a bit heavy!

It's possible to corrupt an Outlook account - have you tried deleting it and then adding it again from scratch?

Also try adding the account to another mail client - Thunderbird or Windows Mail, etc. as a test and see if you have the same problem.

EDIT: I've just had a look at some of your previous posts - I see you've had a few problems with ESET. It might be worth testing with this inactive in case it's messing you up!

Before you go for a complete reinstall I would also try a System Restore to a few days ago if things were working then!

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 30/06/09 at 17:04
Regular
Unfortunateley he hasn't resolved the issue.

Still no outbound email.

I've even tried an uninstall/reinstall of Outlook (but upon reinstall all account info was already available after a 'clean' uninstall) but this didn't work.

I 'fear' the only option left is a format. This isn't as bad as it sounds as I do a 'factory restore' on the HP, then gradually reinstall external stuff.

Neil
Tue 30/06/09 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm... wrote:
> He mentions Outlook 2007 ! sorry!
>
>
> I guess if the OP hasn't changed any settings and the internet
> connection still seems to be working there's also just the chance
> the email server had gone 'unavailable' for a few minutes
> ;¬)

Doh! So he does. Sometimes I try and just wade through the junk to the error though (like insect to a lightbulb). Still that eliminates the possibility of it being too many connections to the server.

And I thought someone would mention the server -_- Haha but no, you know we don't tend to "not mention" them so it is definately not that.

I can only assume NJ has resolved the issue via this advice or other methods as we have not been inundated with more posts ;)
Tue 30/06/09 at 15:51
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> ...
> What version of Outlook (/express) do you use?

He mentions Outlook 2007 ! sorry!

I guess if the OP hasn't changed any settings and the internet connection still seems to be working there's also just the chance the email server had gone 'unavailable' for a few minutes ;¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 30/06/09 at 14:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
This problem is often modem related. The first step is to check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, and that your full user name and password are correct. (Tip. Watch out for SMTP spelt as STMP, and that commas are not there in place of full points).

Rebooting the connection would be the next thing, or the system.

I am always reluctant to say that Outlook itself could be faulty but I have seen some cases of this error being given when the software is not working. Try an alternate email address or email client if possible.

What version of Outlook (/express) do you use?
Tue 30/06/09 at 01:19
Regular
Hi,

All evening when attempting to send mail in Outlook 2007 I have got the following fatal error:

Task 'xxxx - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP'.

I have no idea why this has suddenly coughed. This is also after a reboot. I haven't yet rebooted my router.

Any ideas?

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.