GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who Wants To Be A Popstar?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/10/03 at 19:52
Regular
No this isn't some cheesy "I wanna be Simon Cowell" gimmicky rubbish, it is my idea for a game that would be quite promising. With the amount of contestants swarming around various studios in hope of being the next gap toothed gareth gates, a game where you an do just that would be a big breakthrough.

It can start off with an FMV sequence where you leave hope to chase your dreams of becoming a squeeky-clean popstar. Then comes the segmet of the game where you drive through traffic for 8 hours to some hard-to-get-to locations where the BBC conveniently located a studio. Once you arrive you can do some extreme virtual queueing whilst you wait to audition.

Once you get in front of Cowell, the bloke with the big ears and that bird (no, I dont know their names) you have 1 minute to hit "dancing mix" combos to string together a coherent song and hit all the notes instead of howling like a Geri Halliwel on heat. Of course at this stage it will be easy to impress the fickle judges but if all goes wrong you CAN drag Simon Cowell over the table and beat him with a fire extingisher.

You then go through to the next round with some other equally talented contestants, only instead of going through by beating them with your vocal prowess, you have to sabotage their attempts as much as you can. For example you can conveniently rig a lighting kit to fall on them during their performance or accidentally slip some anthrax into their lunch or mistakenly run them over in a tractor on their way home.

Once you get through to the final round (if any other contestants make it though) you will have to use your button bashing talents to wow the judges, or slip them a sly bribe. Either way victory is surely yours.

But it doesnt end here, oh no. When you get the pop star fame you hope for you will have to do all the stuff talented artists wouldnt touch with a 30 foot microphone stand. SMTV:Live, Top of the Pops and the dreaded T4 Sunday. But also you can get caught up in the scandal, drug taking with Rio Ferdenand, banging a random hussy (Jordan OR Jodie Marsh) and knocking up the daughter of a famous actor.

Pop Stars the game: Lets you live like the manufactured pop-stars do.
Due for release: When the country realises they are sick of being told what they like by fat cat producers.
Publisher: Mindfrig productions ®
Thu 23/10/03 at 16:19
Regular
"It's been a while.."
pop
Wed 22/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
thanQ
Wed 22/10/03 at 15:40
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Mi/\\/dfrig wrote:
mistakenly run them over in a tractor on

I laughed :D
Wed 22/10/03 at 15:21
Regular
Tue 21/10/03 at 19:52
Regular
No this isn't some cheesy "I wanna be Simon Cowell" gimmicky rubbish, it is my idea for a game that would be quite promising. With the amount of contestants swarming around various studios in hope of being the next gap toothed gareth gates, a game where you an do just that would be a big breakthrough.

It can start off with an FMV sequence where you leave hope to chase your dreams of becoming a squeeky-clean popstar. Then comes the segmet of the game where you drive through traffic for 8 hours to some hard-to-get-to locations where the BBC conveniently located a studio. Once you arrive you can do some extreme virtual queueing whilst you wait to audition.

Once you get in front of Cowell, the bloke with the big ears and that bird (no, I dont know their names) you have 1 minute to hit "dancing mix" combos to string together a coherent song and hit all the notes instead of howling like a Geri Halliwel on heat. Of course at this stage it will be easy to impress the fickle judges but if all goes wrong you CAN drag Simon Cowell over the table and beat him with a fire extingisher.

You then go through to the next round with some other equally talented contestants, only instead of going through by beating them with your vocal prowess, you have to sabotage their attempts as much as you can. For example you can conveniently rig a lighting kit to fall on them during their performance or accidentally slip some anthrax into their lunch or mistakenly run them over in a tractor on their way home.

Once you get through to the final round (if any other contestants make it though) you will have to use your button bashing talents to wow the judges, or slip them a sly bribe. Either way victory is surely yours.

But it doesnt end here, oh no. When you get the pop star fame you hope for you will have to do all the stuff talented artists wouldnt touch with a 30 foot microphone stand. SMTV:Live, Top of the Pops and the dreaded T4 Sunday. But also you can get caught up in the scandal, drug taking with Rio Ferdenand, banging a random hussy (Jordan OR Jodie Marsh) and knocking up the daughter of a famous actor.

Pop Stars the game: Lets you live like the manufactured pop-stars do.
Due for release: When the country realises they are sick of being told what they like by fat cat producers.
Publisher: Mindfrig productions ®

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.