GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"28 Days Later / Donnie Darko Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 23:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Anybody heard 'Abide With Me' from 28 Days Later and / or what I call 'The Frank Chant' (where he sees Frank) truely haunting?

As much as they were both excellent cinema pieces (in my eyes) I thought the music in both was so stunning but in relation to the film, emphasises in 28 Days Later, how desperate things are, how haunting. And in Donnie Darko, how delightfully abstract and twisted the world was to this one boy.

On another note, where is the song 'Lunch with the king' from? I'm playing it, it's really nice, but I can't remember where it originates.
Tue 21/10/03 at 12:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Ms NY wrote:
> Two of my favourite soundtracks there! :)
>
> Lunch With The King is from American Beauty if I remember correctly.
> Another nice OST.
>
> The "Frank Chant" is called Manipulated Living.
> That Frank song makes you feel all weird when listening to it. Like
> your stomach is going mental. T'is good!

Heh, thanks Ms NY.

Shall be listening to them as I work.
Tue 21/10/03 at 09:50
Regular
The Donnie Darko OST is the best soundtrack for a film in my opinion.

Fits it well and is truly chilling stuff.

Especially 'mad world' at the end.
Tue 21/10/03 at 09:26
Regular
"cachoo"
Two of my favourite soundtracks there! :)

Lunch With The King is from American Beauty if I remember correctly. Another nice OST.

The "Frank Chant" is called Manipulated Living.
That Frank song makes you feel all weird when listening to it. Like your stomach is going mental. T'is good!
Tue 21/10/03 at 07:51
Regular
"Party Hard"
Yeah I thought the whole 28 days later soundtrack was amazing. I'm downloading the "abide with me thing" now and I've ordered the CD from the local music shop.
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:18
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
The one that builds up and gets louder and louder?

Thats the one I'm talking about, seemingly udner a different name :D.

Silly MP3's.
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:17
Regular
that 'in the house - in a heartbeat' track off that advert is my favourite. I'm unsure as to who does it.

could be due for a purchase
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Indeed. Must buy them both sometime. 'The Rage' in 28 Days Later still sens a chill up my spine (especially in the film, when I first watched it, when he opens the car door).

Gave me a jolt :D
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:14
Regular
very good soundtracks, agreed.
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Anybody heard 'Abide With Me' from 28 Days Later and / or what I call 'The Frank Chant' (where he sees Frank) truely haunting?

As much as they were both excellent cinema pieces (in my eyes) I thought the music in both was so stunning but in relation to the film, emphasises in 28 Days Later, how desperate things are, how haunting. And in Donnie Darko, how delightfully abstract and twisted the world was to this one boy.

On another note, where is the song 'Lunch with the king' from? I'm playing it, it's really nice, but I can't remember where it originates.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.