GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE Your Shout :: October (NO MERCY)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 17:11
Regular
Hey folks.

Welcome to WWE Your Shout, sponsored by The Harper Hotel (**cough** www.harperhotel.staghost.com **cough**). October this month, and we’re treated to No Mercy, presented by the Smackdown crew. Do I really need to explain it all again? You know the drill right? Well, I’ve slightly changed the format this month. I’ll explain as we go along.

SECTION ONE ~ THE PPV RESULTS

Zach Gowen dft. Matt Hardy

Basham Brothers dft. APA

Chris Benoit dft. A-Train

Tajiri dft. Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Kurt Angle dft. John Cena

Big Show dft. Eddie Guerrero to win the WWE United States Championship.

Vince McMahon dft. Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is no longer General Manager of Smackdown.

Brock Lesnar dft. Undertaker to retain the WWE Championship.

Discuss the above matches; the results and how you think the WWE will continue the wrestlers storylines. Also, do you think they chose the right wrestler to win.

SECTION TWO ~ THE PPV AS A WHOLE

In this section, just briefly comment on the PPV, maybe give it a rating. Oh, and in this section, comment on Jimmy Yang and Keiji. They are the new tag team who cost Rey Mysterio the Cruiserweight title. The plan is for Ryan Sakoda (Keiji) and Yang to play the part of a Japanese Mafia. Yeah, comment on that too ;c)

SECTION THREE ~ IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE SHOW

I’m sure lots of you have been waiting for someone to ask this question. What would you have changed had you been running the show? Heck, would you have used a completely different card? If yes, what? Basically, go all out on this section. Be it changing the result, changing the way the match ends or completely rescheduling a match. Just write down your thoughts.

SECTION FOUR ~ NEW SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER?

Just a little question for you to answer here. Who will replace Stephanie, if anyone?

That’ll do for now, I guess. Time for DW’s No Mercy Thought of the Week.

SECTION FIVE ~ DW’S NO MERCY THOUGHT OF THE WEEK

Why did Vince vs. Stephanie receive so much TV time on Smackdown over the past few weeks, whereas Matt vs. Gowen and Benoit vs. A-Train received so little? And why was the I Quit match the main focus of the PPV, and not the Biker Chain match?

Discuss that too, if you like. :cD

Until next time, I’ve been DW. See ya at Survivor Series in November.
Tue 28/10/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Plate of glue"
If Paul Heyman goes,Ted Turner should come. What does he do now?
Tue 28/10/03 at 12:15
Regular
Yeah you did, but it was kinda obvious, wasn't it?

I'm glad he's back...but it seems...weird.
Sat 25/10/03 at 08:38
Regular
"..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> SECTION FOUR ~ NEW SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER?
>
>
> Who's been off TV for a while with the experience, character and
> charisma to fill the role? Paul Heyman. That's who.
>
*POP*.

Told you so.
Wed 22/10/03 at 18:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SECTION ONE ~ THE PPV RESULTS:
Zach Gowen dft. Matt Hardy:
As Cong Man said, well done to Matt Hardy for actually standing down and allowing Zach Gowen the victory, which takes a lot to do, as many WWE wrestlers definitely would not put him over. I would've liked to see Matt Hardy win, maybe, though, because he needs pushed again, as the Shannon Moore saga is getting a little past its sell-by-date.

Basham Brothers dft. APA:
I used to like the APA, but they're a lot slower and much less dominant these days than they were back in the days of the Ministry Of Darkness. They're still an ok team and I still like them, but if you put them in a match with the Bashams, you're going to get a crap match as the result.

Chris Benoit dft. A-Train:
A-Train doesn't deserve to be fighting Chris Benoit. Benoit should be up there battling it out for the WWE Championship, but instead he's working with a guy with a very Big Show-esque style, and that, for me, isn't a good thing. I didn't used to mind A-Train, but he doesn't deserve to be in half the matches he is in these days, so now I think nothing of him or his big impact moves.

Tajiri dft. Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship:
Good match. Rey Mysterio was his usual high-flying self, and although the match wasn't AS good as I was expecting, Tajiri helped carry it to the spot of 2nd Best Match of the night. He's finally getting the push he deserves, and if he continues to receive opponents of Mysterio's quality, he'll continue to put on a top match. Good stuff.

Kurt Angle dft. John Cena:
Easily easily the best match of the night. Angle was brilliant as usual, and Cena is still improving, which is great. Angle did do the carrying in this match, but in a few months I'm confident Cena will be at his level of wrestling. Already one of the top stars on SmackDown, and still improving at quite an alarming rate. Excellent prospect for the future.

Big Show dft. Eddie Guerrero to win the WWE United States Championship:
Erm, what? The US Championship division, that was building itself up to be something special, has been sent crashing back down to earth by the fact that Big Show has won the title. Eddie Guerrero is an excellent technical and high-flying wrestler, while the Big Show is an over-hyped and over-appreciated lump of crap. I could say so much more about this angle and the stupid awarding of the championship to Big Show, but I think with the last couple of sentences I've made my point.

Vince McMahon dft. Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is no longer General Manager of Smackdown:
Boooooooring. Vince has had a couple of good storylines in the past - looking back at this one in a few years time, though, this one won't be one of them. You can't feud with your daughter and create much out of it, even if the General Manager job is on the line. Now onto who'll replace Steph... probably someone that's weight exceeds that of the whole Cruiserweight division, knowing the WWE.

Brock Lesnar dft. Undertaker to retain the WWE Championship:
Meh, I don't like Lesnar, and the Undertaker is well and truly past it. If he doesn't retire at the next Wrestlemania, then god help us. I still don't know why they gave the title to Lesnar when Kurt Angle was doing fine with it... and as far as I'm concerned, allowing him to keep it is stupid as well. He's boring.

SECTION TWO ~ THE PPV AS A WHOLE:
On the whole, No Mercy was frighteningly average, with only a couple of matches that interested and excited me. First off, of course, would be Angle and Cena, because as I've mentioned multiple times above, both put on excellent matches, and when feuding with each other, particularly impress. Then there'd be the deserved push Tajiri's getting, although having him helped out by former buddies maybe wasn't the wisest thing they've done. I've never really seen either of these guys in action, so maybe I'm underestimating what they're capable of in the WWE. Overall, for the PPV, I'd give it a 4/10 rating.

SECTION THREE ~ IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE SHOW:
If I were running the show, A-Train wouldn't be in a match with the quality that is Chris Benoit. Kurt Angle and John Cena would still be on the cards, but there'd possibly be something else to raise the importance of the match... maybe even the WWE Championship. Which would also involve Lesnar losing the title, which I'd happily grant - however, he wouldn't lose it to Taker. Then there's Matt Hardy, who needs to become more involved with the likes of Tajiri and Rey, while Ultimo Dragon, although hasn't been great, is getting better, and could become a player in the Cruiserweight division. Oh, and Vince and Stephanie wouldn't even set foot in the arena. That's about all.

SECTION FOUR ~ NEW SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER:
I don't really know who I'd give it to, but knowing the WWE, it'll either be some idiot like A-Train, or much more likely, Sable. Wouldn't put it past Vince abolishing the whole idea altogether, though, and just allowing himself to do all the work.
Wed 22/10/03 at 16:47
Regular
vince mcmahon is one sadistic SOB. what kind of father goes toe to toe in an i quit mach with his daughter. he dosen't deserve to be a fasther. plus congrats 2 shane and linda for getting out when they did
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I didn't watch No Mercy so I won't fill in all the "Your Shout" questions but I still have a few things to say about the PPV...

First of all, the reason I didn't watch it... The match line-up seemed a bit rubbish. It needed a gimmick match or two and something different to a damn singles match! Why have all singles matches? I have no idea...

I don't regret not watching No Mercy either after looking at the results. Most of the winners are those who I wouldn't have wanted to win anyway. Bah. Show is US Champ... :-( Also, Steph is off Smackdown... :-(
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:08
Regular
"..."
> SECTION ONE ~ THE PPV RESULTS
>
>
> Zach Gowen dft. Matt Hardy
Massive props to Matt Hardy for not being prejudiced and being the first superstar to put Zach over.

>
> Basham Brothers dft. APA
APA are stuck in the same role on Smackdown as the Dudley's are on Raw...putting all the news teams across at their own expense.
>
> Chris Benoit dft. A-Train
Nice tribute to Stu Hart. Would have been nicer without A-Train.
>
> Tajiri dft. Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Cruiserweight
> Championship.
Nice to see Jimmy Yang in WWE, a top cruiserweight talent and nice to see Tajiri's push not being ruined for a quick fix.
>
> Kurt Angle dft. John Cena
Cena is getting better with every match.
>
> Big Show dft. Eddie Guerrero to win the WWE United States
> Championship.
stupid Stupid STUPID. WWE manages to ruin the 'pure wrestling' image it was building for the US title by turning into yet another vehicle to push Big Slow.
>
> Vince McMahon dft. Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is no longer General
> Manager of Smackdown.
YAY!!! Hoepfully Stephanie will be off TV forever!!! (i WISH)
>
> Brock Lesnar dft. Undertaker to retain the WWE Championship.
Predictable...even the in-form Lesnar couldn't carry The Underhas-been to a decent match.
>

> SECTION TWO ~ THE PPV AS A WHOLE
>
>
Awful. Worst Pay-Per-View of the year, the matches were meaningless and the talent was wasted. Why? Because Vince and Stephanie turned it into the Vince and Stephanie Show. F- Must do better.
>
>
> SECTION THREE ~ IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE SHOW
>
>
I have many thoughts on this which I don't have time to write down now.
>
>
>
>
Who's been off TV for a while with the experience, character and charisma to fill the role? Paul Heyman. That's who.
>
> SECTION FIVE ~ DW’S NO MERCY THOUGHT OF THE WEEK
>
>
> Why did Vince vs. Stephanie receive so much TV time on Smackdown over
> the past few weeks, whereas Matt vs. Gowen and Benoit vs. A-Train
> received so little? And why was the I Quit match the main focus of
> the PPV, and not the Biker Chain match?
>
> Because Vince sucks?
>
> Until next time, I’ve been Da_Cong. See ya at Survivor Series in November.
Tue 21/10/03 at 05:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
dw  wrote:

> SECTION ONE ~ THE PPV RESULTS
>
>
> Zach Gowen dft. Matt Hardy

*Sighs* Rubbish result of the night part 1. Ok Gowen you've had your little 15 minutes of fame now just quietly sod off into the sunset please. He'll never have a good match and he's just really a gimmik for Mcmahon to try and grab some cheap ratings. Matt Hardy version 1 AAAAA should have killed the little muppet like every one before him has. I would have liked to have seen Hardy feud with Guerrero for the US strap but alas that won't happen now.
>
> Basham Brothers dft. APA

Don't care. 2 boring teams put on a boring match although Shaniquas outfit was nice.
>
> Chris Benoit dft. A-Train
>

Oh goody more A-train on my television set. Even Benoit couldn't pull a decent match out the idiot and it almost literally killed him trying to. Benoit for title push where he belongs please and A-Train cleaning streets where he belongs.

> Tajiri dft. Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Cruiserweight
> Championship.

Would have been good to see a 3 way match with Ultimo chucked in but Vince and the writing team wouldn't know a decent wrestler if he came up and hit them with an Asai moonsault. Decent match and the 2nd best one on the card in my opinion although that's not really much.
>
> Kurt Angle dft. John Cena

Match of the night here as i knew it would be. Angle and Cena are two of the best workers in the WWE at the moment and pulled off a great fight. As a big Cena fan i'm a little upset he didn't win and would love to see him up challenging for the title but i like Kurt too so it's all good.
>
> Big Show dft. Eddie Guerrero to win the WWE United States
> Championship.

*Sighs* Rubbish result of the night part 2. Once again Vince and the writing team decide to push this talentless oaf. For god sake his only decent match in the past 3-4 years has been the stretcher match. Unless Eddie goes on to feud for the World strap, which is unlikely seeing as he actually has some wrestling skills but isn't 10 foot 6 and weighs 2 tons which is the type of wrestler Vince loves so much, then i'll be even more annoyed.
>
> Vince McMahon dft. Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is no longer General
> Manager of Smackdown.

Oh goody more Mcmahons on tv. Vince the only decent storyline the Mcmahons have had was you vs Austin, i don't want to see you and your family on the wrestling show for a good 1/4 to a half of it. Shane is the only decent one now mainly for his crazy bumps but that is it.

>
> Brock Lesnar dft. Undertaker to retain the WWE Championship.

Retire Undertaker while you still actually have some of your legacy left. Another one who hasn't had a decent match for ages.

> SECTION TWO ~ THE PPV AS A WHOLE
>
>
> In this section, just briefly comment on the PPV, maybe give it a
> rating. Oh, and in this section, comment on Jimmy Yang and Keiji.
> They are the new tag team who cost Rey Mysterio the Cruiserweight
> title. The plan is for Ryan Sakoda (Keiji) and Yang to play the part
> of a Japanese Mafia. Yeah, comment on that too ;c)

I'd give it 5/10 and that score is mainly due to Cena and Angles match because nothing else was worth watching
>
>
> SECTION THREE ~ IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE SHOW
>
>
> I’m sure lots of you have been waiting for someone to ask this
> question. What would you have changed had you been running the show?
> Heck, would you have used a completely different card? If yes, what?
> Basically, go all out on this section. Be it changing the result,
> changing the way the match ends or completely rescheduling a match.
> Just write down your thoughts.

I'd kick A-Train, Gowen, Undertaker and Big Show off the card. Put Lesnar vs Benoit as main event and Hardy v Guerrero for US Strap. And if i'm allowed to i'd fire A-trains, gowen's and Show's sorry butts out of the WWE.
>
>
>
>
> Just a little question for you to answer here. Who will replace
> Stephanie, if anyone?

Sable probably.
Mon 20/10/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"

I'm a little disappointed that Matt Hardy seems to be the one that everyone goes over. Zach needed a win but Matt deserves better. Perhaps the US title? It would be better than Big Show, that's for sure.

Basham Brothers dft. APA

With the APA being in protection, their characters have limitless possibilities. The crowd were totally dead to the Bashams. This feud is going on but I can't see the crowd caring too much.

It's the only logical result because Benoit must retain some credibility of a possible champion. Benoit has got to win the title NOW!

Tajiri had just won it so it was no surprise to see him defend.

This was match of the night for sure, as I said it would be. Some great moves and great near falls. I think maybe Cena should have won clean to establish himself but this loss won't harm him at all. Cena still has work to do but a possible face turn is in the offing as the crowd were lapping this all up.

Another Big Show push. *sighs* Eddie deserved that title. Could possibly go on to bigger things but will probably end up feuding with Chavo.

Vince McMahon dft. Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is no longer General Manager of Smackdown.

Obvious result. The crowd were into it, unfortunately. Don't give the McMahons ammunition to take more TV time! Steph will return under the guise of 'I didn't quit' when she's done getting married and stuff.

Again, the Undertaker came off smelling off roses again. It took the FBI, Vince and Brock Lesnar to beat him. I think Brock is slightly better as champ than Taker. Now, have Benoit win the title and we're done. Brock can have his surgery then.

It was average. Cena V Angle was great and a few others had good efforts but it really was very average. I can't say I've ever seen the new guys that 'ran' in during the Tajiri/Rey Rey match.

Well, I would have booked Benoit V Brock and had programmed a feud for them to build some heat. Eddie would probably have to work double duty by defending the tag against maybe the Bashams and APA and then defending the US against Rhyno maybe. Where is Rhyno anyway? We could have had a 4-way Cruiserweight match and have the two guys take out two opponents. Simple, yet effective.

It'll probably end up Sable for a bit or Vince running things. Help me now!

The McMahons must dominate TV because we love them, apparently. I can't stand them to be honest. Benoit deserves more time and Matt Hardy deserves a good push.

The I Quit match was the main focus because it featured McMahons and it could have altered the very fabric of the WWE and Smackdown. Believe that and you'll believe anything. The Biker Chain match wasn't anything special anyway. Wow, a chain on a pole! I'm sold! <- SARCASM

Oh well, we live in hope.
Mon 20/10/03 at 17:11
Regular
Hey folks.

Welcome to WWE Your Shout, sponsored by The Harper Hotel (**cough** www.harperhotel.staghost.com **cough**). October this month, and we’re treated to No Mercy, presented by the Smackdown crew. Do I really need to explain it all again? You know the drill right? Well, I’ve slightly changed the format this month. I’ll explain as we go along.

Basham Brothers dft. APA

Discuss the above matches; the results and how you think the WWE will continue the wrestlers storylines. Also, do you think they chose the right wrestler to win.

In this section, just briefly comment on the PPV, maybe give it a rating. Oh, and in this section, comment on Jimmy Yang and Keiji. They are the new tag team who cost Rey Mysterio the Cruiserweight title. The plan is for Ryan Sakoda (Keiji) and Yang to play the part of a Japanese Mafia. Yeah, comment on that too ;c)

I’m sure lots of you have been waiting for someone to ask this question. What would you have changed had you been running the show? Heck, would you have used a completely different card? If yes, what? Basically, go all out on this section. Be it changing the result, changing the way the match ends or completely rescheduling a match. Just write down your thoughts.

Just a little question for you to answer here. Who will replace Stephanie, if anyone?

That’ll do for now, I guess. Time for DW’s No Mercy Thought of the Week.

Why did Vince vs. Stephanie receive so much TV time on Smackdown over the past few weeks, whereas Matt vs. Gowen and Benoit vs. A-Train received so little? And why was the I Quit match the main focus of the PPV, and not the Biker Chain match?

Discuss that too, if you like. :cD

Until next time, I’ve been DW. See ya at Survivor Series in November.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.