GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Z.O.E Slippage?...Apparently so"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/03/01 at 16:54
Regular
According to Amazon and a couple of other pretty reliable sites, Z.O.E is now down for April 2 release.

It begins....

Hideo Surnamesomethingelsejapenese:
"April, er May. Well, June but it'll be worth it.
By June, we meant September.
Oh do shut up and wait, it has a demo for MGS2 on it, it'll be worth it you know.
Ok, so it'll be December, but it's got nice graphics and a demo of MGS2...er Mechwarrior? What's that? I bet Mechwarrior doesnt come with a demo for MGS2 now does it?
Look, I know we said March 23rd, but the demo for MGS2 is on it, so we needed to delay it a bit. Yes, I know it looks suspiciously like Mechwarrior but it has a demo for MGS2. Now, that's worth waiting for isn't it? I mean, a demo. For a game that should be out in 2002."

Gaming Public: "Er, can we play Z.O.E please? We need games to play on."

Hideo: "Did I mention the demo of MGS2? You can play it. And once you've played it a couple of times, it can take all of 15 mins."

Gaming Public: "Look, we know it's a demo for MGS2, but we just want to play the robot fighting game please. We've been patient."

Hideo: "Er...look at the demo...isn't it good? Worth waiting for, you can shoot things and they explode"

Gaming Public: "Yes but we want the robot game. Is it that hard to understand? We get that MGS2 isn't out for another year, we just want to smash each other with robot suits"

Hideo: "Demo...demo...demo...brain hurting...demo with Z.O.E"

Gaming Public: "Ah well, I'm going to get a PC and play Mechwarrior."

The End
Tue 06/03/01 at 16:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
According to Amazon and a couple of other pretty reliable sites, Z.O.E is now down for April 2 release.

It begins....

Hideo Surnamesomethingelsejapenese:
"April, er May. Well, June but it'll be worth it.
By June, we meant September.
Oh do shut up and wait, it has a demo for MGS2 on it, it'll be worth it you know.
Ok, so it'll be December, but it's got nice graphics and a demo of MGS2...er Mechwarrior? What's that? I bet Mechwarrior doesnt come with a demo for MGS2 now does it?
Look, I know we said March 23rd, but the demo for MGS2 is on it, so we needed to delay it a bit. Yes, I know it looks suspiciously like Mechwarrior but it has a demo for MGS2. Now, that's worth waiting for isn't it? I mean, a demo. For a game that should be out in 2002."

Gaming Public: "Er, can we play Z.O.E please? We need games to play on."

Hideo: "Did I mention the demo of MGS2? You can play it. And once you've played it a couple of times, it can take all of 15 mins."

Gaming Public: "Look, we know it's a demo for MGS2, but we just want to play the robot fighting game please. We've been patient."

Hideo: "Er...look at the demo...isn't it good? Worth waiting for, you can shoot things and they explode"

Gaming Public: "Yes but we want the robot game. Is it that hard to understand? We get that MGS2 isn't out for another year, we just want to smash each other with robot suits"

Hideo: "Demo...demo...demo...brain hurting...demo with Z.O.E"

Gaming Public: "Ah well, I'm going to get a PC and play Mechwarrior."

The End
Tue 06/03/01 at 17:24
"High polygon count"
Well, only a week, if true.

They probably moved it so it's right after payday and more people will have the cash to buy it... ;-p

The only similarity between ZOE and Mech Warrior is... well, mechs, really.
Tue 06/03/01 at 19:02
Regular
The 2nd of April is not a Friday, so it already sounds unlikely (though I may be wrong in thinking that games are released only on Friday). As for all that rubbish about what Hideo Kojima said about the demo, that isn`t true. In most interviews he praises the game above the demo that accompanies it. He is prouder of ZOE than the demo.

As for the release date, there were fears that it may be delayed until April months ago. So, hopefully Star Wars Starfighter will stick to its release date. Also, if Starfighter really is a good game, then it may be better than ZOE which has already been shown to be flawed.

Ah well, things will get better by the end of April, when we are all settled down with some really good titles, secure in the knowledge that GT3 is not far off.
Wed 07/03/01 at 09:40
Regular
"not dead"
And to think it does get released on the 23 March in Japan.

Also released that day (in Japan) is Resident Evil: Veronica Complete with a Devil May Cry demo. I wonder how long until that gets released here!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.