GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cd-rw Drive Problem (Laptop)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 16:29
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Ive got a cdrw drive on my laptop and make my own cds of my fav songs off albums and that and recently i noticed that the cds either dont have all tracks working or there is disortion would that mean my cd-rw drive wld have gone? cos the dvd-rom drive side works perfectly as its a combo.

If it has gone how wld i go about getting a replacement?
Thu 23/10/03 at 13:30
Regular
"cachoo"
Oh.. and that's another thing I forgot.. It doesn't work with Fireburner either, so maybe it is a problem with the CD-RW. At the moment, the cd tray won't even open, which means the computer needs restarting all the time. Never seems to work the first time the computer gets switched on!
Thu 23/10/03 at 13:24
Regular
"cachoo"
Oooh I see. But it's strange how it's changed. I haven't touched anything! Weird. Will look for that setting now.
Tue 21/10/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ms NY wrote:
> I've had a problem with my CD-RW too since yesterday. Nero Burning
> Rom. All of a sudden, before I burn something, it asks if I want to
> save it as an image file first. Haven't touched anything, nor changed
> any options. Strange, because it says it's burning to CD.. but
> doesn't actually burn anything!!

This is a setting within Nero somewhere - what's it's doing is writing the CD as a file on your hard drive somewhere.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
Check what speed your CDRW is burning at.

Sometimes tracks get distorted/fuzzy because they are burned too quickly, try burning it at 4x or something. Or even use different software like CloneCD or Windows Media Player.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:07
Regular
"cachoo"
I've had a problem with my CD-RW too since yesterday. Nero Burning Rom. All of a sudden, before I burn something, it asks if I want to save it as an image file first. Haven't touched anything, nor changed any options. Strange, because it says it's burning to CD.. but doesn't actually burn anything!!
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sorry - PC died.

You could try new software but I don't know which. Have a look see if there's a Nero update or patch.
Mon 20/10/03 at 17:00
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Cheers, Would it be worth doing it with another software?
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The only thing I can suggest is to remove what you installed recently one by one and see if that helps.

Also, check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base to see if anyone else has had any similar problems with the updates.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
What you sorry for? lol oh i see, not added anything to my knowledge i dont think, only installed the updates from microsoft
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oh, sorry - I had a similar problem when I went form using Nero to Windows Media Player to burn my CD's. Fixed it by moving back, though.

Not sure what to suggest, to be honest. Have you added any new hardware or installed any new drivers recently? I may be barking up the wrong tree ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.