GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hedfix gets his head fixed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/03 at 14:08
Regular
"8==="
Yes indeedy, I had a small accident when I cycled into town to get myself a copy of Dredd Vs Death. I managed to misjudge crossing the road on my bike and got hit by a car.

I don't actually remember getting hit, I remember setting off across the road and then I remember somebody saying something about 'getting a neckbrace'. I don't remember the trip in the ambulance I remember being in A&E.

I ended up being very lucky. I only cut open the left side of my nose and broke a few bones/cartiledge in my nose (but not the main centre). One of my eyes closed up but that's alright now. I still have very swollen lips though.

So I got lucky, no neck damage, no brain damage and I've still got all my teeth.

I stopped the car with my nose. :)

Now let me impress something upon you lot: I would not have been anywhere near as lucky if I had not been WEARING A HELMET. So to all those who think they look a bit odd/sad/uncool/whatever I have to say that it's a lot better than being dead or brain damaged or having to have all your future meals through a tube.

Surprisingly thought it hasn't been that painful, I actually felt more pain when I fell and took my half of my nail off when I was still at school. I think it must've been the shock but I haven't had any pain from my nose apart from when they took the packing out of my nostrils. That was like when you get that sting from getting hit in the face with a football except the sting lasts for about 3/5 seconds instead of 0.2 or whatever. Not nice but still preferwable to when I ripped half of my nail off. :S

So I've spent two and a half days in a ward surrounded by the old and infirm. It was an interesting experience and quite a "Wake up call", I was saying to myself: I shouldn't be here at my age. So luckily there's a cycle-only track to town and elsewhere and I'm going to use this from now on. This accident was my fault but I can count loads of times when drivers simply haven't seen me or have been lazy in overtaking me and pulled back in far too early or have overtaken me just before braking (likes a bikes brakes are as good a cars!) etc etc.

So I'm staying off the road because it's, well, a bit too full of stupid drivers (me included).

So anyway that's where I've been over the weekend.
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:39
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Safety first aye Hedfix?
>
> *spills drink over mains supply sockets*

*runs with scissors*
Mon 20/10/03 at 20:39
Regular
"I'm Great."
I would say I noticed you were gone for the past few days but that would be a lie as I haven't really been around either. Good to hear you're doing better than some would be doing after an accident like that. Maybe you're high on morphine(sp) and that's why it doesn't hurt?
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:24
Regular
Hey put it this way - At least he wasn't on those death-trap motorbikes. People drive on them like maniacs and its no wonder they die in an accident.

Safety first aye Hedfix?

*spills drink over mains supply sockets*
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:11
Regular
A helmet of the purple kind, that tends to chuck custard.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Light of the world"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I don't go anywhere without my helmet.
>
> not even the toilet?

mental image to die for
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I don't go anywhere without my helmet.

not even the toilet?
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:43
Regular
I don't go anywhere without my helmet.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> after that atom bomb went off right next to my head, I haven't felt
> myself

Its only natural to feel a little disorientated.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:38
Regular
after that atom bomb went off right next to my head, I haven't felt myself
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ms NY wrote:
> "So I got lucky, no neck damage, no brain damage and I've still
> got all my teeth."
>
> Not sure if this is true, but after a car crash, or any accident, I
> think you can suffer from long-term damage. Both mentally and
> physically. Don't know where I've heard that from, but somebody I
> know got beaten to a pulp twice, hasn't got brain damage, but has
> been different ever since. His reactions are much slower and finds it
> hard to concentrate. So I hope you end up ok!

When i got beaten up i had a concussion (from being kicked in the head), after that i found that i couldnt read nearly as fast as i used to, im back to normal now, but it was really frustrating at the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.