GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game rental services"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/06/09 at 18:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any experience of game rental websites? I'm debating whether it's worth the cash to sign up to 1, but there seems to be a fair amount of choice and variance in collection / cost. A recommendation (or indeed, damning verdict) on any service appreciated before I make the plunge!
Wed 05/08/09 at 09:13
Regular
"THFC"
Think i will have a look on GAME's website, see what they offer.
Tue 04/08/09 at 21:29
Regular
I used Lovefilm and later Gamefrenzy when I had a PS2, but after a few months I just quit. There's only so many games you can be interested in, and I found it devalues the new game feeling you get, plus playing several 70% games is more a chore than entertainment.
Tue 04/08/09 at 18:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yeah it's on their site. Might give it a go.
Tue 04/08/09 at 18:09
Regular
"THFC"
Warhunt wrote:
> What about GAME Rental? Anyone know whether their rental
> catalogue includes the same as their buy etc?

Did not know they did it? I remember the good old days of their 10 day return with no questions lol. Could complete a game and get it back or use it as a rental service. It was very useful, until they figured out what was happening!
Tue 04/08/09 at 17:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What about GAME Rental? Anyone know whether their rental catalogue includes the same as their buy etc?
Fri 26/06/09 at 01:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I use LoveFilm and it's great. £10 a month, keep them for as long as you like or rent films if there's nothing you want to play.
Thu 25/06/09 at 21:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
I used Gametart.Good service but had a hell of a time explaining the credit card bill to the Mrs. !!! :)

Also tried one the Lovefilm powered rental companies and they were pants.Got fed up waiting for the games I really wanted and ended up buying the damn things before cancelling the subscription.
Thu 25/06/09 at 20:56
"possibly impossible"
Swapgame were pretty good for me. Fast turn around and good selection.

The Lovefilm games and DVD rental service is good if you don't mind paying the extra for it, worth it for being able to mix both.

I used Gamesfrenzy too but they weren't as good as the others, just didn't have the same wealth of games.

It's worth checking quidco and ipoints (join both if you're not a member already) as they do some good cashback deals on game rentalsand DVD rentals.
Thu 25/06/09 at 18:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any experience of game rental websites? I'm debating whether it's worth the cash to sign up to 1, but there seems to be a fair amount of choice and variance in collection / cost. A recommendation (or indeed, damning verdict) on any service appreciated before I make the plunge!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.