GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"W3c validation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/06/09 at 09:09
Regular
My "Getting noticed on google" book says I should do this so gave it a go and has come up with 17 errors and 51 warnings

such as
Line 10, Column 80: document type does not allow element "LINK" here

…css" type="text/css" media="screen" >

and many others does this matter?
Thu 25/06/09 at 20:40
Regular
Will do :-)

Look forward to it, thanks for all the advice people

Regards
Hugh
Thu 25/06/09 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I can only get 7 errors on the validator. A few of which are missing alt tags on the hitcounter images and nothing major.
As I've already said, on the next version of InstantPro all the basic page types have passed full validation so the only thing that could cause your pages to be invalid then is content you have added. It might be best to wait until the next version has launched and see how things go.
Thu 25/06/09 at 13:15
Regular
Yes it is guardianpestcontrol.co.uk

there are another 17 errors also, I was trying to determine if it was something I have done or if its the instant pro

i think i can see a couple that must be my mistake as they involve what I have typed.
Thu 25/06/09 at 10:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
This has already been corrected (you'll need to update something on your site to regenerate the cache). On the next version all page types have gone through the validator and pass as XHTML. The next version also has an improve WYSIWYG editor that tries to output valid XHTML.
Thu 25/06/09 at 10:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Most likely if it's something you can't edit.

Is the site you're refering to guardianpestcontrol.co.uk???

If so, the error looks like it is with the 4th line:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; [B]charset=[/B]"[B]iso-8859-1"[/B] />

... the quotation mark after charset= needs to be remvoed, so you're left with:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; [B]charset=iso-8859-1"[/B] />
Thu 25/06/09 at 09:52
Regular
would this be an instant pro code error?
Thu 25/06/09 at 09:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Google won't care about W3C errors, as there are so many web sites out there that have them, Google's results wouldn't necessarily be as good if they marked up good "code" above good "content", though that doesn't mean this will be true forever.

But, having a valid site is a recommendation I would make, as an invalid page might not render correctly in a browsing device.

The error you've included might be because you've placed the <link> element outside of the <head> element, or forgotten to close the previous element correctly.
Thu 25/06/09 at 09:09
Regular
My "Getting noticed on google" book says I should do this so gave it a go and has come up with 17 errors and 51 warnings

such as
Line 10, Column 80: document type does not allow element "LINK" here

…css" type="text/css" media="screen" >

and many others does this matter?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.