GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTTP upload of files to Freeola site using CGI"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/03/01 at 00:01
Regular
Is it possible to upload files to my own Freeola-hosted domain/site, via HTTP, using a CGI script?

I want to get something similar to X-drive or I-drive working, for my own personal use.

I have a freebie script, which should operate in a similar way to an upload to X-drive or I-drive, but can't get it to work, despite much tinkering. Is it likely I'm doing something wrong, or does Freeola's setup prevent such uploads?

TIA for any help.
Wed 14/03/01 at 18:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sure, just sent it to the address you gave, hope it works for you.
Wed 14/03/01 at 12:02
Regular
""
CJH, any chance you could forward this script to me. This could be the answer I've been looking for.

TIA
ajg
[email protected]
Tue 13/03/01 at 00:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
no problem mate, glad I could help you out.
Mon 12/03/01 at 23:57
"High polygon count"
That works great, thanks!

I've sent you a private e-mail, but wanted to say thanks publicly as well.
Tue 06/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'll try ang get it to you tommorow, ok.
Tue 06/03/01 at 20:33
"High polygon count"
[email protected]

Many thanks!
Tue 06/03/01 at 18:20
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'll try and find that script and send it to you, or post it on here, whats your E-mail address????
Tue 06/03/01 at 00:36
"High polygon count"
Sorry - this is not for updating the site etc.

This is for the purpose of storing large-ish files (a few megabytes) temporarily. I can't use FTP because (a) work's firewall won't allow FTP, and (b) the files won't be uploaded from a Freeola connection.

Upload speed isn't an issue, as the connection from work is a high-speed leased line.
Tue 06/03/01 at 00:18
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's posible, I did it with a freebie scrit, but it was so slow, I wouldn't bother. User FTP and Freeola dial-up.
Tue 06/03/01 at 00:01
"High polygon count"
Is it possible to upload files to my own Freeola-hosted domain/site, via HTTP, using a CGI script?

I want to get something similar to X-drive or I-drive working, for my own personal use.

I have a freebie script, which should operate in a similar way to an upload to X-drive or I-drive, but can't get it to work, despite much tinkering. Is it likely I'm doing something wrong, or does Freeola's setup prevent such uploads?

TIA for any help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.