GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multiple CHMOD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/06/09 at 17:37
Regular
Hi,

Is it possible on Freeola, to change *all* folders and *all* files in one hit, to new permissions?

I have thousands of files/folders and its going to be a nightmare.

Neil
Wed 24/06/09 at 17:37
Regular
Hi,

Is it possible on Freeola, to change *all* folders and *all* files in one hit, to new permissions?

I have thousands of files/folders and its going to be a nightmare.

Neil
Wed 24/06/09 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
This isn't actually down to Freeola - it depends on your FTP application :¬)

I use (and can recommend Filezilla) for FTP - and it's FREE!

All you need to do it select all the files and folders you want to change and they will all get modified.

Sorry for the delay in replying ;¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 24/06/09 at 19:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It certain is possible for us to do this on the VIP servers using chmod -R <premissions> /your/web/folder/*. This could take a long time using an FTP client so drop us a ticket if you'd rather have this done directly on the server by us.
Wed 24/06/09 at 21:24
Regular
Thanks for your replies.

I had a look at Filezilla and it appeared to do what I needed.

Didn't take *that* long but I'll bear that in mind @Eccles.

Thanks,

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.