GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google doesn't work....for me."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/10/03 at 22:30
Regular
Bah

Been trying to use google for ages now - yet it don't want to work on my computer for some bizarre reason. I've asked people on MSN - it works for them >:(

Ok - I type in www.google.co.uk whack enter - then this site with a green background appears saying

"There is no website configured at this address"

Theres a link underneath which directs me to cPanel.net which is a webhosting service I think.

The same happens with google.com etc.

Please help
Sat 18/10/03 at 09:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
gamezfreak wrote:
> Nope - Just run a thorough system scan on Ad-Aware - deleted 19
> objects yet google still does'nt work.
>
> Interestingly- there's another link below on this page.
>
> It links to www.google.co.uk:2082
>
> Which requires a username and password to enter....

That is the Cpanel section of the site.. My host uses it so I can control my site. It's like stats, space manager etc.
Sat 18/10/03 at 09:50
That is something like i had eccept it wouldn't let me go on any of my own web-sites.
Don't know how i fixed it now, i think i had to re format my pc anyways and that got rid of the problem.
Sat 18/10/03 at 09:40
Regular
Sounds like you have the Qhost-1 virus (or similar). This messes with your DNS/HOST file and 'hijacks' certain domains, google being one of them.
Visit any of the security sites for more info and removal instructions.
Here's a link to start you off:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojqhosts1.html

GWD.
Fri 17/10/03 at 22:46
Regular
Nope - Just run a thorough system scan on Ad-Aware - deleted 19 objects yet google still does'nt work.

Interestingly- there's another link below on this page.

It links to www.google.co.uk:2082

Which requires a username and password to enter....
Fri 17/10/03 at 22:33
"I love yo... lamp."
Strange...

I had a problem where I couldn't get onto the 02 website, but others could. I think what solved it was running Adaware and getting rid of some spyware that was trying to take over the world or something like that.

You could try that.
Fri 17/10/03 at 22:30
Regular
Bah

Been trying to use google for ages now - yet it don't want to work on my computer for some bizarre reason. I've asked people on MSN - it works for them >:(

Ok - I type in www.google.co.uk whack enter - then this site with a green background appears saying

"There is no website configured at this address"

Theres a link underneath which directs me to cPanel.net which is a webhosting service I think.

The same happens with google.com etc.

Please help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.