GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MySQL Error on getdotted site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 15:55
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
OK my site http://www.xboxrules.com has just come up with this

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /freeola/users/7/7/sr0173377/htdocs/yabbse/SSI.php on line 46
Too many connections

I am using the MySQL service.. I hope this is just a fault that is being fixed rather then there is a limit!!!
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Yeah it has it installed :)
Fri 17/10/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mmm GD is very sweet, I have abused it before. Anyway, you can find out. Put the following line ONLY into a file called phpinfo.php, somewhere in your htdocs directory;

Then hit it with your web browser. This will give you information on your PHP modules installed and version numbers as well.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:06
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Its all good now dont worry :)

Another little question for you though, there is a thing in php/MySQL which my forum can use called (GD). It is for image resizing etc.

Can someone tell me if this is installed on the getdotted php/mysql server package as this would download and resize members avatars if they put them in to large. Also some other nifty features, but I dare not enable it incase the GD isnt on the system!
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If you're using mysql_pconnect then using mysql_connect instead can help.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's to do with Freeola.

My host had the same problem but it got fixed. CAan't remember how though...

Ring Freeola and tell them if it keeps going on.
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Are you using mysql_pconnect() ?
Thu 16/10/03 at 16:14
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Oh maybe not gone, odd same error still :)
Thu 16/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Error gone now, but is there a limit :S
Thu 16/10/03 at 15:55
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
OK my site http://www.xboxrules.com has just come up with this

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /freeola/users/7/7/sr0173377/htdocs/yabbse/SSI.php on line 46
Too many connections

I am using the MySQL service.. I hope this is just a fault that is being fixed rather then there is a limit!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.