GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it SSLy to want SSL?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/10/03 at 22:47
"First Post Fever!"
Among the potential benefits of providing a secure layer are:

1) You would be showing us all that you mean to keep our sites and our users safe.
2) You could use the opportunity to tell us all how wonderful the new SSL or S-HTTP service is!
3) You would actually be providing a safer environment!

Check the post in the Site Forum (item no. follows:)

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?

threadid=86557&forumid=414

(duh - URL cut into two cos of the 70 letter ban)

Please show your support for this idea (if you like it)...

Greetz all!
Fri 17/10/03 at 00:19
"First Post Fever!"
Thanks for the interest - There is another post on the CUSTOMER SUPPORT forum for anyone who's interested - as Candy points out.

Please add your penny's worth!

I'll be watching that one and looking forward to any comments and feedback. See Ya There!!!
JB.
Wed 15/10/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I love the title!

Wohoo!
Wed 15/10/03 at 08:49
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
As I said, please try to keep this discussion within the existing one in the site bugs / customer service forum.

Cjh: SSL for your details on SR is coming shortly...
Wed 15/10/03 at 07:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes but you're advocating that everyone uses the same certificate or seomthing, which must surely defeat the entire point.
Tue 14/10/03 at 23:35
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Do you mean using SSL for Freeola customer sites, or the Special Reserve Forums??

An SSL addition to Freeola services would be cool, but as the service stands, I don't think there is really much call for it. I suppose I wouldn't mind using it when asking visitors to send comments to me via an online HTML form, but for more personal data like Credit Card Numbers, I doubt Freeola want to assist people in conning others into fake stores, auctions etc by showing the use of a Secure Server.

An SSL connection on the Forums would be kind of pointless, as the results (i.e. our posts) are displayed on the web site anyway. But for things like accessing our details, an SSL connection would be welcome.

I have to admit to being a little curious as to why the Freeola Control Panel does not use an SSL connection though, as it involves the transfer of our UserID and Password.
Tue 14/10/03 at 23:09
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Please try to keep this discussion within one forum and one thread.
Tue 14/10/03 at 22:47
"First Post Fever!"
Among the potential benefits of providing a secure layer are:

1) You would be showing us all that you mean to keep our sites and our users safe.
2) You could use the opportunity to tell us all how wonderful the new SSL or S-HTTP service is!
3) You would actually be providing a safer environment!

Check the post in the Site Forum (item no. follows:)

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?

threadid=86557&forumid=414

(duh - URL cut into two cos of the 70 letter ban)

Please show your support for this idea (if you like it)...

Greetz all!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.