GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beyond Expectation.......................Or Not ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/03/01 at 18:31
Regular
Well, doesn't time fly when you are having fun. It has been a few months now since the launch of the future of gaming, and many of us have had the pleasure of it's company since the beginning. But for many, it has been pleasure accompanied by a lot of PAIN.

After my initial disappointment at missing the launch by 5 DAYS, (bl**dy Sony) my console seemed well worth the wait. I played the hell out of it, thrashed it to be exact, and i have to admit i was well impressed. That is until about a week ago. It was my day off from work, the wife was out and my son was with her, i had the house all to myself. Got myself some eats from the kitchen, switched on my coveted console, loaded TTT into the tray, and sat back to play. Everything was ok until i tried to choose my players, it would not let me use any of them. I tried the other modes, and the only one that worked properly was Tekken Bowl. When i took the disc out to check it for dirt or something, it was covered in half-circular scratches. Now thanks to me visiting this site, i knew that this had happened before, so i phoned Sony and they said it was a common fault, and arranged a swap for an Upgraded machine the next day. True to their word, it arrived the next morning, and i have now recieved a new copy of TTT from them too. So all's well that ends well. Or is it?

Now i am happy that i got my new machine, but what would have happened if it had gone wrong AFTER the warranty period had expired? Would Sony have admitted that it was a common fault then? Of this i am not sure. But i think that it is something that every PS2 owner should be aware of. Many people, i am sure, bought their console and, although it does not go unused, might not play it as much as some of us. So this problem might go un-noticed until the warranty is long gone. So to be on the safe side, put your PS2 through it's paces regularly and make sure that you keep the packaging in a safe place. You never know when it might be needed!
Sun 04/03/01 at 18:31
Well, doesn't time fly when you are having fun. It has been a few months now since the launch of the future of gaming, and many of us have had the pleasure of it's company since the beginning. But for many, it has been pleasure accompanied by a lot of PAIN.

After my initial disappointment at missing the launch by 5 DAYS, (bl**dy Sony) my console seemed well worth the wait. I played the hell out of it, thrashed it to be exact, and i have to admit i was well impressed. That is until about a week ago. It was my day off from work, the wife was out and my son was with her, i had the house all to myself. Got myself some eats from the kitchen, switched on my coveted console, loaded TTT into the tray, and sat back to play. Everything was ok until i tried to choose my players, it would not let me use any of them. I tried the other modes, and the only one that worked properly was Tekken Bowl. When i took the disc out to check it for dirt or something, it was covered in half-circular scratches. Now thanks to me visiting this site, i knew that this had happened before, so i phoned Sony and they said it was a common fault, and arranged a swap for an Upgraded machine the next day. True to their word, it arrived the next morning, and i have now recieved a new copy of TTT from them too. So all's well that ends well. Or is it?

Now i am happy that i got my new machine, but what would have happened if it had gone wrong AFTER the warranty period had expired? Would Sony have admitted that it was a common fault then? Of this i am not sure. But i think that it is something that every PS2 owner should be aware of. Many people, i am sure, bought their console and, although it does not go unused, might not play it as much as some of us. So this problem might go un-noticed until the warranty is long gone. So to be on the safe side, put your PS2 through it's paces regularly and make sure that you keep the packaging in a safe place. You never know when it might be needed!
Sun 04/03/01 at 23:04
Regular
"Touched!"
yeah i agree.. iv had two nack up on me and it was just beyond the joke..the 2nd one i got was delivered 3 days late although they sent me a free copy of fantavision and gave me the money back i had spent phoing the helpline.
Its very annoying that people like you have thought u have a good console and it turns out that one day it justs fails on you. also its weird that most of the ones nacking up are ones that ppl have had since around launch day. it seems sony have had to upgrade the loading bay and other features on the new consoles that they give out so that they do not suffer the same problems. i live in hope for all of you and myself that my console doesn't go and fail on me (for the 3rd time!). its not just bad luck its just because sony did not realise that some of the problems could have been prevented if they had been noticed sooner. it also seems odd that a small number of the new consoles have no problems and most of the old ones do..could it be that sony just released them without really taking care of these problems. its also now clear that the power supply (i think) cannot handle the ps2 and just fails (i read that in the latest PSW mag). sony need to sort it out and fast.
Sony are a good company its just these problems are annoying especially for people like me who are now onto their 3rd PS2
Anyway Good luck with yours your gonna need it! lol

How u doing kieran? u havent email me for a while

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.