GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The VITAL Question™©® No. 9"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 19:17
"period drama"
If the earth was any bigger or smaller, would the sky be a different colour?
Angles or refraction and all that.
Mon 13/10/03 at 19:07
AfroJoe wrote:
> The title of this topic reminds me of Robin's forum name.

Thankyou :P
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:59
Regular
"may contain nuts"
This isn't vital in any way shape or form. It is about as vital as channel 5 is to the existance of slugs.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The title of this topic reminds me of Robin's forum name.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But Ozone is blue.
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:23
"period drama"
No - it's to do with the density of the atmosphere, isn't it? Not the curvature of the earth.

So - if the atmosphere didn't exist the light wouldn't get refracted at all and the sky wold be white.
Yeah.
Maybe.

Ugh
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:21
"period drama"
Think about it - if the earth were massively bigger, then the angle of the curve would be less so the light would get refracted to a lesser extent.

Say the one planet is a pea and another planet is a beach ball, the angle on the pea planet is alot tighter so the light will get refracted more, so I think the sky would be more of a purple.
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:41
Regular
gravity would be different. I've always been a fan of the whole astro-physics thing. Should have done it at uni, although I suspect I'd have hung myself due to stress. :D
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> How would our physical bodies differ on a smaller planet?

gravity might be different, which I'm reasonably sure effects height, structure, and some internal organs, as well as mundane stuff like evolution.
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"It's been a while.."
No. It. Wouldn't.
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:31
Regular
How would our physical bodies differ on a smaller planet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.