GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*** A few friendly warnings for Halo on the PC ***"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/10/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I posted this in the PCGaming forum, but I thought I should put it here too in case your head-rods break and you all get stuck in General Chat:

1) You need way over what the min. specs are to make it worthwhile. And it had problems with an nVidia card and an ATI Rage card. Probably needs 1GHz really.

2) It won't work on Win98. The only PC I can get my hands on at the moment runs that particular OS, and it's the only one with Broadband Goddamit!!! Halo requires DirectX 9.0 to work, which doesn't run on Win98. Sure it's a few years old, but that's what we've got and I can't change that tonight. Even the download for DirectX 9.0b from the Microsoft site (which claims to be for Win98) doesn't work - you need Win98SE at least.

3) When I finally get online with it you're all dead anyway, so you might as well uninstall it now and give me the frags. The end.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:48
Regular
"The Monkey God"
i dunno. i have played a few amazing online games and im on 56k. it depends more on who is hosting it. If they are using say T1 then it tends to run pretty well. I played a game today with one other guy on broadband, doing warthog jousting. Aim being to knock the other person from their warthog then run them over. Was damn good run as well.

PLayed one game with about 12 people with next to no lag as well. had some good kills in that one.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Except I said "bar online multiplayer" so no need for Live.
Sat 11/10/03 at 21:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Belldandy wrote:
> Alternatively you can play glitch free Halo which is essentially the
> same bar online multiplayer, and look forward to Halo 2 in 6 months
> time instead of sometime in 2006, by buying a 129.99 console, which
> is probably not as expensive as most of the graphics cards failing to
> run Halo...

+ xbox live subscription.
Sat 11/10/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Alternatively you can play glitch free Halo which is essentially the same bar online multiplayer, and look forward to Halo 2 in 6 months time instead of sometime in 2006, by buying a 129.99 console, which is probably not as expensive as most of the graphics cards failing to run Halo...
Sat 11/10/03 at 20:05
Regular
10-4 good buddy
Sat 11/10/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I posted this in the PCGaming forum, but I thought I should put it here too in case your head-rods break and you all get stuck in General Chat:

1) You need way over what the min. specs are to make it worthwhile. And it had problems with an nVidia card and an ATI Rage card. Probably needs 1GHz really.

2) It won't work on Win98. The only PC I can get my hands on at the moment runs that particular OS, and it's the only one with Broadband Goddamit!!! Halo requires DirectX 9.0 to work, which doesn't run on Win98. Sure it's a few years old, but that's what we've got and I can't change that tonight. Even the download for DirectX 9.0b from the Microsoft site (which claims to be for Win98) doesn't work - you need Win98SE at least.

3) When I finally get online with it you're all dead anyway, so you might as well uninstall it now and give me the frags. The end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.