GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"c-drive crashed and need help with files"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/10/03 at 22:25
Regular
Right,
on my old computer my c drive completely crashed because of a dodgey disk that may have had a virus on it. anyway. i had some very important stuff on the c-drive and there was absolutely no way whatsoever that i could get any of it back!!! when we took it back to the guy who made it (who runs a succesful computer bussines and we know very well (so it wasn't dodgey)) he put in a new hard drive and installed xp and loads of other updates.

At first the computer had next to nothinng on it and everything had to be re-installed. although he did give us the old hard drive and told us that there is ways you can retreive files and put them onto your computer, how on earthdo you do that??? my computer is running fine and i don't really want to have to put in this old hard drive and mess about with it, so is there a way that i can put this hard into and older computer and load these files onto disk and do it that way?????

be very grateful if anyone could help
Fri 10/10/03 at 07:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes what exactly did happen to the disk?
Fri 10/10/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Depends what happened to the drive. If it is a physical hardware problem with the drive then it could be gone for good.

If not then as Turbo said it could be obtained if you add the disk as a slave. Also if that dosn't work out then maybe a data recovery program such as http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/ could help but you would have to pay for the full version to get all your files back.

Might be worthwhile just checking the ribbons etc to make sure that they aren't damaged and trying to work out why the disk "crashed" to begin with.
Thu 09/10/03 at 23:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Right firstly just put your old, "crashed" drive into your current computer as a second harddrive (set it as primary slave). This will allow you read the disk as just a harddrive without booting it. Then it should be trivial to get your files off it.

However if your haddrive has physically failed then don't hold out much hope.
Thu 09/10/03 at 22:51
Regular
There is some software I think that you can use that will retrieve deleted date (to some extent)

Although don't quote me on it.
Thu 09/10/03 at 22:25
Regular
Right,
on my old computer my c drive completely crashed because of a dodgey disk that may have had a virus on it. anyway. i had some very important stuff on the c-drive and there was absolutely no way whatsoever that i could get any of it back!!! when we took it back to the guy who made it (who runs a succesful computer bussines and we know very well (so it wasn't dodgey)) he put in a new hard drive and installed xp and loads of other updates.

At first the computer had next to nothinng on it and everything had to be re-installed. although he did give us the old hard drive and told us that there is ways you can retreive files and put them onto your computer, how on earthdo you do that??? my computer is running fine and i don't really want to have to put in this old hard drive and mess about with it, so is there a way that i can put this hard into and older computer and load these files onto disk and do it that way?????

be very grateful if anyone could help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.