GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Personal Challenge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/06/09 at 20:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Before i leave to go on holiday, i'm going to try my best to win a GAD. I'm going to spend the whole of tonight on it, and i'm going to break the recent mold of review and cheats wins, and try to win with, yes.... a walkthrough *Duh-dun dun!* I know the game i'm going to do (not sure if it's already been done or not- if it has, i'll try and make my walkthrough more informative than it). So this'll be my last submission for 2 weeks (i don't know how i gonna survive :() Wish me luck!
Fri 26/06/09 at 08:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
spoonbeast wrote:
> no. But it certainly would be wise just to cover your back if
> something doesn't go right. After all, the reason i don't write
> that many reviews is purely because the tactics are subjective
> and generally too obvious or vague. Especially when it comes to
> rts games or first person shooters the tactics are usually the
> same:

With Halo Wars I'm doing my best on explaing how the mission is done (although, as you say, most tactics are the same - build huge army, demolish the map). However, the campaign mode on HW has some intriguing challenges as missions to vary the pace, which is why I thought to write a walkthrough.

> Its why i mostly offer hint guides to games or guides where its
> more definite. Like older GBA games.

I may do a few achievement guides (not a list of achievements and how they unlcok, but a guide to unlocking them, with hints, tips and strategies.

I also think you have the right idea with choosing older games. There are so many people in the world that still like retro, so if we provide the cheats and walkthroughs for those games, freeola are more likely to capture that niche in the market (I like writing for the Amiga and PS1).
Thu 25/06/09 at 20:47
"possibly impossible"
I think my challenge should be to try and win a GAD within 3 months of the last at the moment.

At least everyone else is getting a chance to up their GAD quota I suppose!
Thu 25/06/09 at 19:00
Regular
"eat toast!"
no. But it certainly would be wise just to cover your back if something doesn't go right. After all, the reason i don't write that many reviews is purely because the tactics are subjective and generally too obvious or vague. Especially when it comes to rts games or first person shooters the tactics are usually the same:

"Continue to run circles around (mega boss alpha) repeatedly spamming rockets in his face whilst dodging the poo poo mines he lobs from his ear. After 10 hits he dies"

Its why i mostly offer hint guides to games or guides where its more definite. Like older GBA games.
Thu 25/06/09 at 08:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm suffering from Walkthrough remorse...wish I hadn't started my one for Halo Wars now.
Up to the 2nd mission and already struggling to write it.

Do you normally write disclaimers on your walkthrough spoonbeast? I usually add that I write them specifically for freeola and, although I don't mind them appearing elsewhere, the rights to it are over to freeola and it is to their discretion if appears elsewhere.
Wed 24/06/09 at 19:33
Regular
"eat toast!"
i use to write walkthroughs to win, but they took so long sometimes months at a time. I could write one for l4d as i accumalate most of my experience, tips and hacks in the game to win.

But that said i'm still a bit rubbish and half of the tactics are still open to debate. Yeah you could stand there and hold out, but its not 100% fool proof.

I should write a disclaimer.
Tue 23/06/09 at 11:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I actually deserve a Game Cheat one for digging out the Barbie Race and Ride codes from days of xmas past.

*still won't fully admit to playing it...*
Tue 23/06/09 at 09:16
"possibly impossible"
I'm really hoping, after 2 weeks of cheats, that a review wins.

Obviously, I hope it's mine! I really need a GAD, but any review would be good.
Tue 23/06/09 at 08:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well that was a complete fail. I fell asleep playing the game. Didn't even get a chance to write anything! Ach, this is one challenge which i've completely messed up. Oh well, guess it'll have to wait now for 2 weeks now. Off to manchester airport in just over an hour. Take off about 1 o'clock, get there about 7 o'clock (2 hours added on). I hate longish flights.
Mon 22/06/09 at 21:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Good luck Chris, I'll hold my walkthrough submission until next week!

*was actually hoping to win on some cheats...
Mon 22/06/09 at 20:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Before i leave to go on holiday, i'm going to try my best to win a GAD. I'm going to spend the whole of tonight on it, and i'm going to break the recent mold of review and cheats wins, and try to win with, yes.... a walkthrough *Duh-dun dun!* I know the game i'm going to do (not sure if it's already been done or not- if it has, i'll try and make my walkthrough more informative than it). So this'll be my last submission for 2 weeks (i don't know how i gonna survive :() Wish me luck!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.