GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are a WWF fan?? Are you planning on getting a GameCube?? Then this is your lucky day...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/03/01 at 20:10
Regular
This comes straight from wrestlezone.com:

"ZDNet has confirmed that there defiantly is a going to be WWF video game coming out in the near future for the yet to be launched Nintendo Gamecube.

"THQ has signed the WWF license for the next nine years," a THQ rep told them Wednesday. "We’re already confirmed as one of the biggest third party developers for Gamecube, so you can probably draw your own conclusions on the WWF game."

THQ and Nintendo have had several successful wrestling ventures together including the wildly popular WWF Wrestlemania 2000. The Nintendo Gamecube will be released in the near future and will compete with Sony's Playstation 2."

Good news for GCube fans then.

Sat 03/03/01 at 20:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
This comes straight from wrestlezone.com:

"ZDNet has confirmed that there defiantly is a going to be WWF video game coming out in the near future for the yet to be launched Nintendo Gamecube.

"THQ has signed the WWF license for the next nine years," a THQ rep told them Wednesday. "We’re already confirmed as one of the biggest third party developers for Gamecube, so you can probably draw your own conclusions on the WWF game."

THQ and Nintendo have had several successful wrestling ventures together including the wildly popular WWF Wrestlemania 2000. The Nintendo Gamecube will be released in the near future and will compete with Sony's Playstation 2."

Good news for GCube fans then.

Sat 03/03/01 at 20:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
NoMercy2, nine wrestlers in the ring at one time and beating the pantz out of each other, JUST BRRRINNGG IT!!

TURN IT UP
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> NoMercy2, nine wrestlers in the ring at one time and beating the
> pantz out of each other, JUST BRRRINNGG IT!!

TURN IT UP

You may be thinking of Smackdown 3 on PS2.

I expect it'll be the same on GC, though.
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
thats what I went on. altough it will probably be better as It might be able to show 20 wrestlers at once!!

Thats just Dreaming? or is it?
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:40
Regular

You may be thinking of Smackdown 3 on
> PS2.

I expect it'll be the same on GC, though.

I don't the team behind Smackdown 2 is in fact differen't to the team in charge of No mercy they are made by differen't people and my personal view shared with many is No mercy is better (Slow watch wrestling and you realise it isn't slow but realistic slightly annoying though).

So i'm hoping and i don't doubt the team behind No mercy will be the team that'll keep working with Nintendo so expect a differn't game to the origonally titled Smackdown 3
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
I prefer Smackdown 2 as I found it a lot more fun, where as No Mercy I found realistic but annoyingly slooooooooooow.

Also, SD3 is set to be a lot more realistic, but with the fun element as well.
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:08
Regular
I like Wrestling games... and I'm getting a Gamecube...

Hurrah!

Thanks for that Ant.

(And we're not being sarcastic.)

Really.

(Not in the least.)
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:10
Regular
The problem with Smackdown 2 is Loading... and you call No Mercy slow. Secondly it is only slow when it comes to coming round after being badly beaten. thirdly the new modes like hell in the cell, Ladder, Table, TLC, matchs in smackdown 2 seem and are rushed while the few new modes (First blood, Iron man, TLC, Ladder, Mud wrestleing and improved cage matches) are very well done and especially the Ladder match is absolultley excellent!!!!!!

also can you get 40 way matches in Smack down 2!!!!

also what is so realistic about being run over and getting straight back up! it took stone cold a year.
Sat 03/03/01 at 22:59
Regular
Wrestling games don't effect me in any way on the Gamecube cos I'm not a wrestling fan....

...or do they?

Even though I think wrestling is boring and pointless and totally fixed it is a huge craze, just like Pokémon is/was.

So if Wrestling games, which have been very popular to date, aren't released on the Gamecube, it will mean a drop in sales and the Gamecube will be less popular. Therefore the production of games will be smaller and there wont be as many consoles produced and the cycle continues.

It would have been the same for the Playstation if the Final Fantasy games weren't released for it. The Playstation would have been less popular, more Tomb Raider games will have probably have been made to try and stretch the consoles life and a less powerful Playstation 2 would probably have been released.

The Dreamcast suffered for not having any series of games that could make the conaole so popular before the announcement that Dreamcast production is to stop at the end of March. Shenmue (probaby one of the most popular Sega released games to date) was (in my opinion) released too late. If it was released earlier I reckon the Dreamcast would be one of the most popular consoles out at the moment.

So therefore, even though I don't like wrestling at all, it effects me a lot as a gaming fan!
Sat 03/03/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
OOOOOOOOO I love the wrestling it is so much jolly fun right ANT?

Hulk Hogan is my favourite he is so good at the fighting and its all real honest its not fake!

Can't wait until the super dooper big mega fight comes on come on The Rock!

POWER OF THE SHEEP

(Homer Simpson = Incase you didn't guess I was being sarcastic)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.