GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The England Squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 14:38
Regular
Robinson, Walker, James; Campbell, Cole, Upson, Bridge, P Neville, G Neville, Terry, Mills; J Cole, Hargreaves, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Dyer; Rooney, Heskey, Beattie, Owen, Vassell.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:38
Regular
Robinson, Walker, James; Campbell, Cole, Upson, Bridge, P Neville, G Neville, Terry, Mills; J Cole, Hargreaves, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Dyer; Rooney, Heskey, Beattie, Owen, Vassell.
Tue 07/10/03 at 19:01
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Here's who I'd start:                                                      

GK James

DL Bridge
DC Campbell
DC Terry
DR G. Neville

ML Lampard (does he play on the wing?)
MC Gerrard
MC Scholes
MR Beckham

ST Heskey
ST Owen

I'd then bring Vassell on, on the 60th minute.
Thu 09/10/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lampard can play on the left wing, quite well.

However, Alan Thompson is far better. He really should be in the squad- why can't Sven see this?
Fri 10/10/03 at 11:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Der Nazi wrote:
"Lampard can play on the left wing, quite well."

Um... I Don't know which "Lampard" you're talking about, but I don't see how Chelsea's `central-midfielder´ is the right-man for the job, there!

He's afraid to leave-out Steven Gerrard (because the fans will moan at him - blame the media), and so "squeezes" Lampard into the team, in that still-vacant left-wing position of an un-effective 'diamond'-midfield, just because he knows the boy's talented, and `everyone´ also wants to see HIM play, aswell.

He's afraid to change things because he fears `everybody´ won't "love" him as much as you all seem to now!! And, with the media sniffing-around like an un-fed dog, it's not like they won't find-out about any changes he makes to the team!

"However, Alan Thompson is far better. He really should be in the squad- why can't Sven see this?"

This, however, I totally agree with you on!
Alan Thompson should've been back in the Engand squad a long time ago, but Eriksson still won't pick him - no matter how-well he does for Celtic!

But that might just be the problem, there; he's playing for Celtic - no Man United, Arsénal, Chelsea or Liverpool; one of the teams whom Eriksson ALWAYS picks his players from!
(Yes, because, basically, he's an IDIOT!)

Forcing Frank Lamaprd, Nicky Butt or Steven Gerrard to play there isn't gonna make the problem go-away! We STILL don't have an established left-winger after all Eriksson's (apparently...!) 'done' for us.

He's scard to change things and his an idiot (to put it simply)!
He'd rather be `everybody's´ best-friend (aka. "SVEN") than to do his job WELL and what is clearly RIGHT for the team!
Fri 10/10/03 at 17:05
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Thompson's been on great form for the past four or so years, but another player to be considered for the left wing is Phil Neville- he's shown he can cope there for Man United. Graeme le Saux is also able to play as a left winger or full back, but he's getting old.
Fri 10/10/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I think Gerrard, Beckham and Scholes (When on form) should always be in the starting line.                                                        

I totally forgot Thompson was English, and also think he deserves a chance on the left plank along with Gareth Barry.                                

Peter Whittingham (Villa) is looking like he could solve the left side in a few years. He is young and is learning things well at Villa, forcing Gareth Barry to play in central midfield. He has already got one goal for us this season and looks a potential England star for the future.          

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.