GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPod Video"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/06 at 09:34
Regular
Anyone got one? Can you put any video on them or does it have to be video bought from iTunes?

I can get a company discount at the Apple store and I'm deciding between a 30Gb iPod or an 8Gb Nano.

Cheers
Thu 26/10/06 at 13:08
Regular
"I may return"
That's good, I never knew that! :0
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:39
Regular
"..."
pb wrote:
> Both the iPod and the PSP use Mpeg 4 video formats.

The iPod also supports Quicktime videos...
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Play.com's SD cards are good enough, only problem is the iPaq sometimes seems to forget they exist... which means it's reboot time. In all likelihood I'm going to get a proper modern MP3 playing-device soon, maybe with video, maybe without... I have 10.5 Gb of music (And counting, I have 2 CDs seemingly coming in the post soon), and want to be able to have more with me!
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:07
"possibly impossible"
Got a decent 2gig memory stick from ebay for £30. As long as you don't go for a Sony brand one then you're usually fine, as the Sony ones are the most likely to be dodgy ones on ebay.
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've only got a Hewlett-Packard iPaq; Nice big screen for video, and it's pretty good quality... only problem is I have to use SD Cards for storage, and only have a 1 Gb card!
Thu 26/10/06 at 11:58
Regular
I've got a portable DVD player - the battery life is atrocious so it stays in the drawer!

I do still have a PSP, but there is the extra expense of buying Memory sticks - and the unit is considerably bigger than either iPod too...
Thu 26/10/06 at 11:57
Regular
Seraphim wrote:
> Bumperty Bump
>
> Anyone got any info for Bullett?

Heh cheers :)

And thanks pb - now I know that, I'm still undecided... :D
Thu 26/10/06 at 11:54
Regular
"I may return"
Most portable DVD players, have a rechargable battery that ony last 2 hours, I dont get it! Some of my films last a bit longer then 2 hours.
Thu 26/10/06 at 11:50
"possibly impossible"
Old iPod video (the Black and White ones) is 2 hours of video (max)
New ipod video is up to 4 hours

PSP is 4 hours, but the display is better, though you'll need a 2-4gig memory card.

Alternatively, there are dedicated MP4 players out there from companies such as Archos.

All of these require certain formats, but there are plenty of programs that can rip from DVD and convert from one format to another. Both the iPod and the PSP use Mpeg 4 video formats.
Thu 26/10/06 at 11:46
Regular
Is there a market for people to watch things on the move? I saw one girl on the train in Singapore with one of those portable DVD players. She seemed quite happy watching it heh.

Can you only play one format on them?

I suppose as I'll be traveling a lot it would be nice to watch things but it would depend on how long the batteries last and the capacity. How big can they go?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.