GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone know a link to a good source of..................."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/05/05 at 19:36
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
information on xbox 360??
Is it known what the prices of the games are going to be??
Sat 28/05/05 at 19:40
Regular
"I'm Great."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> technical stuff and then went to to comment purchase based on games

If Biggles were a Transformer I think he'd be Perceptor.
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:31
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Your Honour wrote:
> The system will launch at 199.99 and the games will be 49.99 each.

Play currently have it priced at 399.99 and the games at 39.99 each. :-/
Sat 28/05/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> I do find a slight irony in Sony going from a 128 bit console to a 64
> bit console.

Hmm, surely by moving backwards the graphics will be worse? o.O
Sat 28/05/05 at 00:24
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Dude you sound really clever
Fri 27/05/05 at 14:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Thing is FM, in my professional opinion, 360 is rather more powerful. It has far higher memory bandwidth which is the main choke point, it has better FPU performance, which is the main processor use in games and it has better graphics capabilities. Only in exceptional circumstances would eight vector cores be better. And they won't be met because the memory bandwidth isn't there to fully utilise them. Also because nobody writes multithreaded code well enough. The type of code that would be needed to run faster has never yet been written. Until the software development tools are up to scratch, performance will be poor. At least with 360 there's the familiarity of PPC. And procedural synthesis.

There is nothing that Mr Fahey has written that indicates the PS3 is better. In any shape or form. And his claim that the PS3 is more powerful is wrong. I know my hardware, I have a degree in it and used to design it. A triple physical core, with each featuring an extra logical core, PPC processor is an amazing thought - if Apple start to use them I'm buying a Mac. You could have all the main elements running in their own thread.

I do find a slight irony in Sony going from a 128 bit console to a 64 bit console.

At the end of the day however, it would be very short sighted to buy a console strictly on the basis of specifications. It should be about the games. And since I'd rather play Halo 3 and PGR 3 and whatever the former head guy of Square who just joined MS comes up with as opposed to FIFA 49585, I'll get the Xbox 360 first.
Fri 27/05/05 at 04:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For everything XBox I generally use this site: [URL]http://www.teamxbox.com[/URL]

The reason I'm not getting one is a multitude of similar stories as on this site: [URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8834[/URL]
Fri 27/05/05 at 04:09
Regular
[URL]http://freexbox360.com/index.php?referral=597554[/URL]
Thu 26/05/05 at 18:54
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Im going to wait for a while after it comes out and it gets cheaper, for now, im satisfied with me xbox!!! :)
Thu 26/05/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Touched!"
I'll be getting a lot of use out of my Tesco staff discount if this is true. Games are usually cheaper there anyway so I'll be buying mine from round the corner like I do now if it's true, hopefully they'll get 360 games in straight away!
Thu 26/05/05 at 15:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
£50?

Fark off :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.